[Minorcompositions] Minor Compositions Podcast Episode 3: Surrealism and the War on Work with Abigail Susik

Minor Compositions minorcompositions at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:19:57 UTC 2022

Minor Compositions Podcast Episode 3: Surrealism and the War on Work
with Abigail Susik
https://fireflyfrequencies.org/podcasts/minor-compositions

In this episode we have a conversation with Abigail Susik, about her
book “Surrealist Sabotage and the War on Work.” We cover a range of
topics including the centrality of work refusal to the history of
Surrealism, automatist practices and aesthetic sabotage, the class
composition of labor that influenced the beginning of Surrealism, why
relationships with Communist Parties are ‘complicated,’ and why sewing
machines are sexually dangerous.

Abigail Susik is Associate Professor of Art History at Willamette
University and co-editor of Surrealism and film after 1945 (2021)

Opening / outro music: Gid Tanner - Work Don’t Bother Me (1930), from
the collection Hard Time, Good Time & End Time Music : 1923-1936, Cargo
Records, 2012

--
Minor Compositions is a series of interventions
& provocations drawing from autonomous politics,

http://www.minorcompositions.info
https://twitter.com/minorcomps
http://www.facebook.com/groups/255105881183214/