[Minorcompositions] Minor Compositions Podcast Episode 7: Feminism, Punk and the Avant-Garde with Becky Binns

Minor Compositions minorcompositions at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:14:57 UTC 2022

Minor Compositions Podcast Episode 7: Feminism, Punk and the Avant-Garde
with Becky Binns
https://fireflyfrequencies.org/podcasts/minor-compositions

For this episode we have a discussion with Becky Binns about her
recently released Gee Vaucher: Beyond punk, feminism and the
avant-garde. We cover a a range off topics including Gee’s work in
relationship with punk and artistic countercultures, as well as the
changing historiography of punk and feminism. Does art produced in
collective projects or by artists not seeking personal notoriety get
lost within the historical narrative? Have the conditions for the
production of autonomous art and life vanished, and how we might
collectively create them again?

Opening  / Outro song: “The Mystic Trumpeter” by EXIT (Recorded at the
International Carnival of Experimental Sound, 1972)

Gee Vaucher: Beyond punk, feminism and the avant-garde
https://manchesteruniversitypress.co.uk/9781526147912/