[noborders-brum] Reclaim the Night Women's march- Ipswich

noidea at riseup.net noidea at riseup.net
Thu Dec 14 00:16:03 UTC 2006

Off topic post but very relevant, please forward to other lists...

There is a potential call out for a Reclaim the Night women's march in
Ipswich this saturday or next. For those who don't know - Reclaim the
Night marches started with a group of women in Leeds in the 1970's who
were outraged by the chief of police saying that all women should stay in
doors at the time of a Sutcliffe murder. Why are the streets seen as no-go
areas for women at night?

Women will be going to Ipswich, if there are sufficient numbers we will
hire a bus, please email the list if u are interested and spread the word!

Also we can have one in Solidarity in Birmingham for women who cannot make
it to Ipswich.

More details to follow.