[noborders-brum] [Fwd: Urgent: No Borders gathering and Stop the War demo clash]

Shiar shiar at riseup.net
Mon Dec 25 14:57:35 UTC 2006

Subject: [noii-uk] Urgent: No Borders gathering and Stop the War demo clash
From:    "Stuart Hodkinson" <stuart.hodkinson at gmx.net>
Date:    Mon, December 25, 2006 6:17 am
To:      "Leeds No Borders" <leedsnoborders at lists.riseup.net>
         noii-uk at lists.riseup.net
         socialcentrenetwork at lists.riseup.net

Hi all

It has been pointed out that proposed UK No Borders gathering in Leeds -
24-25 February - clashes with a national Stop the War demo in London.

Before lots of publicity goes out, can people send their opinions on
whether or not we should postpone the No Borders gathering?

It has also been pointed out the No Borders gathering clashes with a
Barbed Wire Britain meeting.

We will only probably do this gathering once in 2007 - and it is such an
important year for campaigning and struggling. So I am personally of the
mind that anything that stops the gathering being a big success should
be avoided.

Many people in Leeds would naturally go on the demonstration in London.
They love listening to Tony Benn in the freezing cold ;-)

Can we have feedback by 3 January?

best
Stuart
Leeds