[noborders-brum] ARC-No Borders Joint actions

Shiar shiar at riseup.net
Fri Jun 16 10:48:21 UTC 2006

Hi Bob,

The tour has been cancelled, it seems, for clashing with a Guantanamo
action and because the main Celebrating Sanctuary event is this Saturday
not the 24th. So take that out.

As for the monthly picket, we decided to stick to last Friday of every
month, which would be the 30th this month, because the 'national' day of
action turned out to be on the 22nd not the 29th. So please correct that
unless you (ARC) wanted do something on 24th. And I'd rather say "from
12noon" instead of "12noon-2.00pm".

Keep up the good work :)

> Hi
> I have an ARC leaflet here which has a couple of joint events on it.
> Someone has just told me that the dates might be wrong. Can someone from
> No Borders please get back to me ASAP to confirm the correct dates.
> ARC will be handing out 100 or so leaflets tonight at a mtg. so please
> contact me before 5.00pm
> This is what I have in the leaflet:
> Saturday 24th June
> "A guided tour of Birmingham's border regime by  Birmingham NoBorders
> ........"
>
> Thursday 29th June
> "In what has become a regular, monthly event, Birmingham No Borders and
> ARC will join up with asylum seekers outside the Homer Road Immigration
> Reporting Centre in Solihull for a demonstration protesting at the
> inhumane treatment of asylum seekers by the Home Office. 12noon-2.00pm."
> Thanks
> Bob Kirk

> 'The Rahimi Family Must Stay' campaign
> Alireza and Zohrieh and their six year old son Navid are facing imminent
> deportation back to Iran where they believe that they face imprisonment,
> torture and the possibility of execution should they be returned.  If you
> agree that human rights are for all, I urge you to sign the petition at
> http://www.petitionthem.com/default.asp?sect=detail&pet=2094 where you
> will also find more about how the Rahimi family's rights have been denied.
> And, you can help promote the campaign further by forwarding this link on
> to as many of your contacts and friends as possible asking them to pass it
> on too.  Please don't let time run out for this
> NoBorders-Brum mailing list
> NoBorders-Brum at lists.aktivix.org

Shiar