[noborders-brum] [Fwd: noborder camp callout - please forward to your local collectives]

Shiar shiar at riseup.net
Wed Jul 4 00:20:16 UTC 2007

Subject: [Imc-uk-network] noborder camp callout - please forward to your
local collectives
From:    "yossarian" <yossarian at aktivix.org>
Date:    Mon, July 2, 2007 4:35 pm
To:      imc-uk-network at lists.indymedia.org

Hello network,

We are writing from the Noborder Camp preparatory meeting.  The camp,
which will take place on 19-24 September 2007 near Gatwick Airport, will
be taking action against the proposed construction of a new migrant
detention centre in the area.  This will be the first Noborder camp in
the UK ever.

As part of the infrastructure of the camp, Indymedia UK will be setting
up a media centre within the camp, which could include a public access
point in a media production tent, with a dispatch team.  A small group
of us have already started working on logistics.  This is an invitation
to take part in the process and practical preparations for the centre.

At the moment there are some issues:

computers
electrical power
connectivity
tables
chairs

Most importantly we need people to staff the centre.

We would like to have an IRC meeting soon to start talking with people
in real-time as well. If you are interested in taking part in the
centre, please jump in on the imc-uk-network list.

Greets,
Yossarian

__

Imc-uk-network mailing list
Imc-uk-network at lists.indymedia.org
Also other list of similar interest Indymedia United Kollektives process: