[noborders-brum] [Fwd: lists and emails]

Shiar shiar at riseup.net
Fri Mar 16 22:50:32 UTC 2007

Subject: [noii-uk] lists and emails
From:    "Shiar" <shiar at riseup.net>
Date:    Fri, March 16, 2007 2:51 pm
To:      noii-uk at lists.riseup.net

Hi all,

At the Noborders gathering in Glasgow, we agreed to get a NEW LIST. So
here it is. The list address is noborders-uk at lists.riseup.net. The web
interface url is https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/noborders-uk.

This list is CLOSED and MODERATED as it's meant for INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS
AND COMMUNICATION. That means only subscribed members can send and view
the archives. I've subscribed the emails I got from the Gathering, and
that's only 10 people (you should have received a notification by now). If
anyone else wants to be subscribed, please email me offlist and I'll do
that, but I'd need to know who you are and what you do. Not everyone has
to be on it, to be honest, but at least one or more person (liaison) has
to be in orders to forward important stuff to their group's list.

If anyone would like to HELP MODERATE the list, please let me know.

As for the OLD LIST, noii-uk, I've now made a few changes in configuration
so that it's more open (anyone can subscribe and view archives etc).
People can use this list for announcements and general stuff.

I've also requested a new EMAIL ACCOUNT for the network (for others to
email us and for us to send emails in an official/collective capacity).
The address is noborders-uk at riseup.net. This is to be given to people so
that they can write to us.

If anyone would like to HELP CHECK IT REGULARLY and let others know if
anything comes up, please let me know.

Finally, it would be great if we could donate some money to Riseup, the
tech collective that's looking after all these lists and emails.

--
Shiar