[noborders-brum] removal from birmingham airport 14th Feb 6.30am

noidea at riseup.net noidea at riseup.net
Tue Feb 12 14:11:43 UTC 2008

Hi all
Wondered if anyone is free to try and stop this planned removal (I'm not
cos I'm out of Birmingham for the next week). Dunno whether Helen and
Alistair's campaign is planning anything at the airport? Tried calling but
the phone is going straight to messaging at the moment.

Its very short notice, made me think again about the need for getting
stuff  prepared in advance such as template leaflets and placards etc
which could be adapted quickly for specific cases.

Does anyone know the amount of removal flights that go thru Birmingham
airport? Cos it normally seems to be london airports.

noi

FWD EMAIL:
Helen & Alistair
Itanje have been 'Snatched'

Mum & baby were woken up at 6.00am on Friday 8th February by
a immigration 'snatch' squad banging on their door They were quickly
removed from their home and taken to Yarl's Wood IRC, where they are now
and due to be forcibly removed on Thursday
14th February 2008 on Brussels Airlines flight SN2050 at 06:30 from
Birmingham Airport to Brussels and onward to Douala
Cameroon.

Helen with help form her friends and the Cameroon Support
Network, has been campaigning against the Home Office, intention to remove
Alistair and herself since last November.

Background information on Helen & Alistair
http://www.ncadc.org.uk/archives/filed%20newszines/Newszine88/HelenItanje.html

Inquiries/further information:
dgalabe at yahoo.com
07946 773494