[pagan-magik] Inverted Hannuka Rite at Midnight!

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 21:11:32 GMT 2004

Perhaps as a first stage in what was touted as the
'Jerusalem Project', Lilith and myself have cooked up
a rough Inverted Hannuka Rite for midnight tonite
(last day of Hannuka). We had hoped to do this in real
life at a physical location with as many PMAers as
possible, but this proved impossible due to lack of
venue and communication probs, so I have sugested a
remote non-local rite that anyone can do at home (or
wherever) at midnight, tuning into the others
psychically.

>From suggestions made by Lilith and others, plus a few
thoughts of my own I've formulated the following
possible format (feel free to modify it, or change it
completely if you want):

Hannuka is the Jewish 'festival of lights', originally
a midwinter 'returning light' festival,
in which candles are lit, especially the seven candled
menorah (symbolising 7 stars or 7 planets etc). But
alas it also traditionally represents
the success of the Jewish fundamentalist Maccabee
revolt against their Hellenic Greco-Syrian rulers and
their supporters (both Hellenised Jew and Pagan) and
their expulsion or death. The victory of Jehovah over
the likes of Baal, Dionysos, Aphrodite and Asherah
(Astarte).

So the idea is to invert this with the victory of
Asherah, Aphrodite, Dionysos and Baal over old
noboddady Jehovah in a New Hannaka. But one of
absorbtion and recuperation rather than conquest or
domination.

So I've suggested the following visualisation (based
on images we've been discussing over the previous
weeks) to take place after lighting candles at
midnight (the last moment of Hannuka in UK calender):

Dark Asherah emerges like Salome, doing a dance of
seven veils, she seduces Jehovah, like Salome seduced
John the Baptist. She chops off his head (black sun
rite) like the Maenads chopped Orpheus. She makes
Jehovah her lover and/or sex slave. She ressurects him
as El (pagan Elohim) or Adonai (Adonis), her
traditional lover. He then becomes the Golden Calf,
Baal Dionysos and is liberated. Thus Asherah liberates
Jehovah as Dionysos.

This is not only for Jewish PMA'ers (or those of
Jewish descent) but also any lost tribe of Israel or
Hellenised Canaanite tribe you fancy identifying with!

As said you can modify this to suit your own
inclinations if you want to take part or follow it as
a script accordingly.

I've texted those I have numbers for, Lilith, Jocelyn,
Sean and David (hopefully Sara's with David or Lilith)
with basic info using my last few text credits, and
know some of you (at least George) will be checking
your emails tonite, so hopefully there will be a small
core of us at least.

I'll shortly be posting a webpage url with info that
might be relevent to wider project (you needn't read
it before the rite however).

Steve