[pagan-magik] Al Jazeera

Steve (Dionysian Underground) dionysian_underground at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 31 19:55:59 GMT 2004

I see that article has been fairly universally
condemned. Its a bit beyond the pale to use a major
natural disaster for such blatent political
propaganda.

Of course there is a political dimension, its the
failure of the regional governments, and the wealthy
elite that control them, notably in India, to look
after its own population, by instituting an early
warning system.  The cheapest warning system
is simply the information that if the sea goes out
incredibly far (as experts say it does before a
Tsunami) run, as its coming in that far! Which
requires one sheet of paper per person. America is
only to blame in as far as its the largest Capitalist
oligarchy in the world and underpins the local
oligarchies. The fact that there are people living
in tin huts eaking out a living in the area, while
unconcerned millionaires live in luxury behind walls
and on remote islands, is also part of the problem.
And I haven't even started on the 'Tourist
Industry'...

=====
Opposing Utopia for the sake of its Realisation