[pagan-magik] Re: pagan-magik Digest, Vol 1, Issue 19

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 20:18:34 GMT 2004

Point taken about logo for flyer. I was just trying to
think up of an image, based on the law 'no image no
flyer' :) But I think you are right. A sigel would be
better but would take too long to do. The idea was to
get a flyer ready for tonite to distribute at the
Tufnel Park squat. But we seem to have fucked up on
that project anyway. But I suppose there's always next
Friday.

I used the word network, because thats all we appear
to be so far (generously). We are certainly not
operating like a cohesive group (and I think we are
too diverse to even try), but we only occassionally
even manage to operate as a network of half hearted
individuals.

Affinity group just means what you said,its a non
hierarchical connection of people in sympathy with
each other who support each other. Historically this
form of association has proven to be the most
effective when people make an effort. Though on this
list, with some notable exceptions, I may be being
optimistic here too. :)

Steve

> Ok.
Great flyer. However a few minor glitches from my
perspective.

1)
>The Pagan Magickal Activism Network (PuMA logo?)

I see we have become a network now. ok. Could you
explain your understanding of network in this context.
Also the logo idea. I take it you is joking here.
Especially as you have also identified ourselves with
a manufacturer of sportswear that utilises sweatshops
- PUMA.
Would it not be PuMAN.. the Pantha Man?
And what about the PuWoMAN? The Hen Pantha (Hen being
Scottish for Woman)

I personally don't like to associate myself with
logos. I would however be agreeable to us creating a
Glyph - The magickal equivilent of a logo. Further the
creation of, and activation of, a glyph would
facilitate remote working between cells of the PMA.

How do others feel about this?

The glyph could be a sigilised form of the groups
purpose and intent.
Or, alternatively, simply an abstract symbol chosen
specifically with the intent of Not Defining us in any
form whatsoever. This latter would be more difficult
for obvious reasons, yet possibly also more
liberating. We could extend this idea to its limit and
essentially create a glyph that 'defines' us by what
we are not. ie. Disinformation.

2)
>The PMA network is a loose alliance of individuals
and groups involved >in paganism, magic and political
or cultural activism, who wish to >combine these, and
increase their effectiveness by pooling their
>resources, working together on joint projects,
supporting each others >projects and sharing
information and ideas.

When you say 'wish to combine these', i take it you
are referring to our wish, or intent, to combine our
magickal, political, and cultural activism. Then again
possibly not. This isn't clear from the syntax. I
personally don't like the word 'wish'. Possibly the
word 'intent', or 'desire', or even 'seek' could be
utilised in it's place, and it made clearer as to what
we are combining.
I like the line about supporting each others projects
and sharing information and ideas. Maybe we could
include sharing each others 'experience' also. As
'experience' is a valuable commodity.

3)
>It is an affinity group open to all individuals and
groups with similar ideas,

When did we get married? :)))))))

Only teasing, i take it you mean affinity in the sense
of an inherent similarity between individuals, groups
and ideas.. a natural attraction, liking or feeling of
kinship..the attraction of force between particles
that causes them to combine (From a thelemic stance i
would take this to be that point particle or Hadit,
the Star that is each one of us, being attracted to
other points, or particles {stars}, who are in
sympathy. A mutual symbiosis or chymical attraction.)

4)
>Projects include politically orientated magical
rites, magical and >personal empowerment workshops,
awareness raising, individual >development work,
healing and demo support. Particular focus is being
>directed towards next years G8 meeting but many other
projects are >also in development.

Perfeck! Like this section lots.

Great job Steve.

David x