[pagan-magik] Re: [BRDL] G8 and Pagan Fed Scotland workshop

Adrian Harris adrian at gn.apc.org
Wed Apr 20 11:04:53 BST 2005

Hi all,

Elinor Predota wrote:
>Could we have a mailing with simple, short bullet points of what's
happening when and
>how we're organising/planning/etc.?

I'll try and get a list together, but no promises as it will be tricky.
There are several streams running paralell:

The Tribe of Brigid have a series of events;
Pagan Magical Activists (PMA) have a series of events;
Dissent have a series of events;
and Scottish Dragon/Reclaiming have a series of events!

This is very exciting, but can get a bit overwhelming. Sean is creating an
online calander which could help clairify. I try to pass on information as
I get it otherwise it gets unmanagable. I guess we need to be clear about
what we can realistically manage. My own strategy is to focus on one
primary project (Tribe of Brigid) and network information about anything else.

We seem to have two main organising/planning groups in London and Scotland.
London meet - under the PMA banner as it seems the most inclusive - at
least once a month. We feed back to various lists anything that's relevant.

We probably need to agree about how involved we are with the Dissent
Network. PMA haven't really discussed it though we've become involved
anyway. I can't see how we can be effective outside the Dissent Network but
it's important that people understand their stance. See their web site:
www.dissent.org.uk/

>The Scottish Dragon/Reclaiming folks are doing a workshop at the Pagan
>Federation Scotland conference (Saturday 28th May) about Pagan
>involvement in G8 alternative stuff

Great stuff! I can't get to this from London but will send up some of the
booklets Sean and I wrote - "An Introduction to Pagan Activistism." There's
background to the G8 on the Dragon site:
www.dragonnetwork/g8/

>P.S. Is anything being forwarded to RIDL or RWTO about this?

I've tried to post to RWTO but get no response. I suspect my messages
aren't getting through but will try again today. I'm not on RIDL.

Blessings,
Adrian