[pagan-magik] speaking out

sacha meaton sushi at choonz.com
Sun Feb 27 18:34:38 GMT 2005

Steve I wish you well, but I am completely stumped by your motivation
for writing this kind of thing:

Steve (Dionysian Underground) wrote:

>Trouble is I feel more at home with
>counterculturalists as 'activists' tend to give me the
>creeps! :) Plus, I think we should support all
>independent 'peoples' movements, as opposed to anti G8
>movements, probably run by a bunch of leftists in
>secret meetings ;)

whether you are just bored & wanting to incite some kind of argument or
what, i don't know...
however i really want to say i am getting impatient with your continual
dissing of just about everything on this mail group-

If you dont identify with being an activist then what are you doing on
this pagan magickal *activist *mail group?

I really support cultural hybridity and diversity, and i have a real
problem when diversity gets marginalised so that only the voice of the
mainstream speaks loud.
Which is part of my motivation for joining this group- empowering
resistance to a world dominated and abused by the few in power. Steve
your passion for magick and radical social change can be really
inspiring. I know you have this spirit of resistance in mind, but some
of your attacks (intentionally or not) come off as really authoritarian
and may be having the very affect of silencing many/ Other/ voices on
this mail group.

I find your negativity & agression towards a lot of things being
discussed really discouraging, and is particularly off-putting for new
members. What i joined this group for was to share & hear a multiplicity
of different voices, discussing different ideas, rituals & actions, NOT
just criticisms of the world coming from a tone of male authoritarian
judgement. Nor do i really want to engage in online debates getting
embroiled in 'rational' arguments, to me this is the realm of  political
oppression. I do however want to speak up (and hopefully encourage
others sitting in silence) to give voice to all kinds of views with out
the fear of being shouted down by authoritative judgements....

And Steve i have to say, what you wrote really depresses me because i
personally believe the G8 is something PMA should really be preparing
for actively and magickally (although of course not everyone will be
fully into it & thats fine) but with the dissent meeting that was on
yesterday we could have actively been promoting it on this Magickal
ACTIVIST group instead of sending out emails discouraging activism. I
think saying activist meetings are held by 'a bunch of leftists in
secret' is just such bullshit Steve- yesterdays anti G8 meeting was
*open to the public and not at all in secret*- why you feel the need for
making such harsh judgements alludes me....

i dont like having to post this kind of email, but i really felt i
needed to speak up

calling out for the powers of transformation

Sacha