[pagan-magik] Great

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 00:11:01 GMT 2005

Good to see the group more active, and my pessimism
unfounded, with some very thought provoking ideas
(which I agree with on the whole) and some interesting
potential actions, as well as some practical admin
decisions, and new posters.

Hopefully G8 things can be discussed better on the
31st. I think that the mini summits are particularly
worth focusing on, as far as it goes, and that
influence is more politically effective than
disruption.

I agree with the membership procedures and their
modifications and final wording. I particular agree
with Sean that 7 days is too long. I think we should
trust the intuition of the moderators to let people
in. I'm not sure whose definition of 'weird' should be
used as a criteria for not allowing people in though.
I'm just concerned about 'state agents', who so far
have been excluded from the list, getting in. Odd
posts that no one understands will not be replied to,
so the poster will soon get bored, and spammers can be
banned. Any proven 'enemy agents' or 'informers' would
have to be dealt with appropriately of course (caveat
on 'enemy' - we shouldn't have a 'them' or an 'enemy',
but they do have a 'them' and an 'enemy' and its us,
neither love nor magic will protect us from that, we
need something a little more down to earth!). I'm not
sure of procedure for that so would rather screen them
out. My ideal would be of a group of friends rather
than strangers, a proper affinity group, but obviously
thats difficult in this context.

My own stance at the moment is to take a backseat on
this list for a while, and concentrate more on
'reforming' the Dionysian Underground and allied
groups. Though I will help with behind the scenes
admin, and of course support projects I find
interesting and useful. The parallel network I was
talking about is not an alternative to this but more
of a countercultural thing, and may not even take off.
I'm certainly not going off to form 'my own group' as
someone suggested :)

Think that covers everything.....

Steve

'Today many people a wise enough not to let their love
to be overwhelmed by their hate, but few are wise
enough not to let their hate be overwhemed by their
love....'