[pagan-magik] Events this Weekend

sean sean at hairyjedi.net
Sat Jan 29 11:22:50 GMT 2005

steve ash wrote:

>followed by a dash 10ish to the excellent Circle
>Community Centre Party, Tufnell Park, for those with
>party stamina...

Hey Steve and all, we'll be at the tufnell park shindig this evening and
look forward to seeing anyone else who can make it... full info below

---------------------------------------

Thought Crime Productions Presents....

"A night of unbelievable music in rememberance of those incarcerated for
the crime of mind expansion and personal creative freedom"

APOTHECARY NOW - Raising Awareness for "Transform" - Campaining for a
just, humane and effective drug policy (http://www.tdpf.org.uk
<http://www.tdpf.org.uk/>)

Saturday 29th January 2005 - 8pm-6am @ Circle Community, St Georges
Theatre, 49 Tuffnel Park Road, N7 (http://www.circlecommunity.org.uk
<http://www.circlecommunity.org.uk/>)

Music, Visuals, Cafe, Stalls, and body/soul refreshments.

Entry by donation.

This event will be multi-media tinged with the
emphasis of performance
over the actual music itself.

Bandy leg are a band from Manchester who are
considered the best thing
to come out of there for years. In other words
they are about to hit
the big time so it will be a good idea to catch
them here first.Also
they don't often splat London. Difficult to
describe but they are a
three piece band that play a lot of instrumental
music. Quite intense.
Check the violin player out, he is
extraordinary!

Paper Twin are a London based band made up of
some of the best
musicians around, including Odour from Lamb who
plays bass with them.
Jason Winder the lead singer has a stage
pretense to die for and really
rocks the place. Again difficult to pigeon hole
but its kinda folky
rock.

The Rub is one of London's true revolutionaries
and musicians. He plays
acoustic dub tunes and is one of the only solo
performers I have seen
that can have an audience eating out of his hand
after one song. He is
a wordsmith and true creative so its worth
coming just to see him.

DJ Nash is a stormin funky drum and bass DJ who
will be playing the
night out for us in style, and Sirius will be
mixing live electronic
dub on stage in between the bands. All this will
be interspersed with
other top speakers and poets alongside some
fabulous visuals and art.