[pagan-magik] Pagan vigil in Trafalgar Square

sara smulryanuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 14:51:15 BST 2005

PLease see below and post to list if you are interested in forming a pagan vigil thursday night...

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:46:14 am

Message

From:       Paul Stevens

Subject:    2 minutes silence tomorrow at noon

To:         All Staff

LONDON BOMBINGS

Below is a forwarded message from the GLA Ken Livingstone, Mayor of London, said:

 'On Thursday 14 July

London will remember all of those who died last Thursday and show its defiance of those who try to change the character of our city through terror.

'At noon millions of Londoners will observe two minutes silence. Every bus in the city will stop, businesses will stop and I want everyone who can to come out of their workplaces and homes onto the streets of London to remember those who died and to show their complete defiance of the terrorists.

'At 1pm books of condolences will be opened in Trafalgar Square for all Londoners and visitors to the city to sign throughout the day.

'At 6pm Londoners are invited to a vigil in Trafalgar Square to remember those who died, to show that London will not be moved from our goal of building an open, tolerant, multi-racial and multi-cultural society showing the world its future and to thank the heroes of the transport and emergency services who saved so many lives last Thursday.

'The vigil is organised by my office with the Trades Union Congress and representatives of London' s different faiths and communities. There will be readings and poems by prominent Londoners, different communities and from London's representatives of the city's transport and emergency services.'