[pagan-magik] UP! 007// Volcanoes of Anger// sept 2, 05

fraser fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Thu Sep 1 20:34:52 BST 2005

TURN ON COMPUTER // TUNE IN TO FREED SPIRIT OF INTERNET
// TAKE OVER

         \)))))(/
___,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,____
surely it wouldn’t be unfair to put SOME of the
blame on “president” bush for the louisiana
unpreparedness.  150,000 troops and untold
billions of bucks tied up in iraq, an obsession
with exterminating terrorists instead of dealing
with the real causes, a commercially driven
refusal to admit to global warming, to do
anything about real poverty (in the US as well as the world), the list goes on.

but, talking of ‘real causes’, way way deeper
than all this is how thin american culture turns
out to be.  at the first sign of technical
breakdown a skin deep ‘civilisation’ evaporates
and pure individualist anarchy breaks out.  this
didn’t happen with the tsunami.  one HAS to
conclude that the 3rd world people of that area
are, quite simply, more civilised.  goddess helps
us all!  imagine the conversations right now in
smoke filled board rooms across the globe.

and, as for blaming the disaster on bush, well,
that’s a LOT more likely than some other theories
that are surfacing (oops, wrong word!).  american
christians are blaming it on gays!  "Although the
loss of lives is deeply saddening, this act of
God destroyed a wicked city" says Repent
America’s director Michael Marcavage.  personally
I doubt that the goddess takes revenge, but She
can sure as hell close down “president” bush’s
Iran Invasion with the merest puff.
UP! The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
u cant understand the world without innerstanding yourself
up! 0007 // SEPT 2, 05
VOLCANOES OF ANGER
la- la- la- lap-toppling da system!
u cant innerstand yourself without understanding the world
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)

Volcanoes Of Anger
"Until we feel security you will be our targets
and, until you stop the bombing, gassing,
imprisonment and torture of my people, we will
not stop this fight.  We are at war and I am a
soldier," said Mohammad Sidique Khan in a
videotape aired by an Arab TV channel on Thursday.

"The lands and interests of the countries which
took part in the aggression against Palestine,
Iraq and Afghanistan are targets for us.  Just as
they made rivers of blood flow in our countries,
we will make volcanoes of anger erupt in their countries.

“Thousands like me have forsaken everything for
what we believe in.  Our driving motivation does
not come from tangible commodities that this world has to offer.

"Our words are dead until we give them life with our blood.

"Your democratically elected governments continue
to commit atrocities against my people over the world.

"We warned you (before), but it seems you want us
to make you taste death in all its horror.  Taste
some of what you made us taste.

"Blair has brought disaster to his people in the
middle of their capital, and he shall bring more.

Al Zawahri described London bombings as a "slap"
for the British Prime Minister’s policy, saying
that these operations had "taken the battle to
the enemy's land.  The lands and interests of the
countries which took part in the aggression
against Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan are targets for us."
UP!  It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off.

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK OURSELVES
Does an Iraqi/Afghani/Palestinian have
a) the legal right/duty
b) the moral right/duty
to fight back against the illegal occupation of his country?

Does a citizen of the Invading country have
a) the legal right/duty
b) the moral right/duty
to fight back against the illegal occupation of another country?
UP!  What am I?  Flypaper for freaks!?

“The whole problem with the world is that fools
and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.”  Bertrand
Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)
UP!  I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.

Police Chief Says
Lockerbie Evidence Was Faked
Marcello Mega
LOCKERBIE : $2.7 BILLION SHAM AND SHAME
A former Scottish police chief has given lawyers
a signed statement claiming that key evidence in
the Lockerbie bombing trial was fabricated.

The retired officer - of assistant chief
constable rank or higher - has testified that the
CIA planted the tiny fragment of circuit board
crucial in convicting a Libyan for the 1989 mass
murder of 270 people.  He gave the statement to
lawyers representing Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al
Megrahi, currently serving a life sentence in Greenock Prison.

The claims pose a potentially devastating threat
to the reputation of the entire Scottish legal system.

The officer, who was a member of the Association
Of Chief Police Officers Scotland, is supporting
earlier claims by a former CIA agent that his
bosses "wrote the script" to incriminate Libya.

Asked why he had not come forward before, he
admitted he'd been wary of breaking ranks, afraid of being vilified.

The vital evidence in Megrahi’s conviction was a
tiny fragment of circuit board which
investigators “found” in a wooded area many miles
from Lockerbie months after the atrocity.  It was
later identified by the FBI's Thomas Thurman as
being part of a sophisticated timer device used
to detonate explosives, and manufactured by the
Swiss firm Mebo, which supplied it only to Libya
and the East German Stasi.  At one time, Megrahi,
a Libyan intelligence agent, was such a regular
visitor to Mebo that he had his own office in the
firm's headquarters.  The fragment of circuit
board therefore seemed to place Libya - and
Megrahi - at the heart of the investigation.

However, Thurman was later unmasked as a fraud
who’d given false evidence in American murder
trials.  It also emerged that he had little in
the way of scientific qualifications.

It has long been rumoured the fragment was
planted to implicate Libya for political reasons.
 >> it was obvious all along.  if you swallowed
this hook line & sinker you hadn’t been reading
the UP! for long nor thinking for yourself.  (of
course the UP! didn’t exist then)

"This has been a political court case, where the
verdict already was decided upon in advance", a
shocked Professor Köchler, UN-observer, at the
Scottish Lockerbie court in the Netherlands.

The first suspects in the case were the
Syrian-led Popular Front for the Liberation of
Palestine - General Command (PFLP-GC).  But the
first Gulf War altered diplomatic relations with
Middle East nations, and Libya became the pariah state.

Following the trial, legal observers from around
the world, including senior United Nations
officials, expressed disquiet about the verdict
and the conduct of the proceedings at Camp Zeist,
Holland.  Those doubts were first fuelled when
internal documents emerged from the offices of
the US Defence Intelligence Agency, dated 1994,
more than two years after the Libyans were
identified to the world as the bombers, which
still described the PFLP-GC as the Lockerbie bombers.

A source close to Megrahi's defence said:
"Britain and the US were telling the world it was
Libya, but in their private communications they
acknowledged that they knew it was the
PFLP-GC.  The case is starting to unravel largely
because when they wrote the script, they never
expected to have to act it out.  Nobody expected
agreement for a trial to be reached, but it was,
and in preparing a manufactured case, mistakes were made."
 >> why did Gaddafi surrender the guy?  well, he
wouldn’t necessarily know the truth, and anyway
can a political leader be expected to allow his
whole country to be cut off from the
international community for the honour of one
man?!  wotta choice for Gaddafi!  arab leaders
are faced with such terrible choices every day!

Dr Jim Swire, whose daughter Flora was killed in
the atrocity, said last night: "I am aware that
there have been doubts about how some of the
evidence in the case came to be presented in
court.  It is in all our interests that areas of
doubt are thoroughly examined."
UP! This isn't an office.  It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

On the Internet, Nobody Knows You're a Bot
WinHoldEm, the first commercially available
autoplaying poker software, wins real money while
you get on with your emails....
Wired September 2005
UP! You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.

Bush's Option:
Escalate the War in Iraq!
     Norman Solomon
     THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION MAY RATCHET UP THE IRAQ WAR
     That might seem unlikely, even
farfetched.  After all, the “president” is facing
an upsurge of domestic opposition to the
war.  Under such circumstances, why would he escalate it?

A big ongoing factor is that Bush and his top
aides seem to believe in red-white-and-blue
violence with a fervour akin to religiosity.  For
them, the Pentagon's capacity to destroy is some
kind of sacrament.  And even if more troops
aren't readily available for duty in Iraq, huge
supplies of aircraft and missiles are available
to step up the killing from the air.

While the growth of antiwar sentiment is apparent
in the USA, much of the criticism - especially
what's spotlighted in news media - is based on
distress that American casualties are continuing
without any semblance of victory.  In effect,
many commentators see the problem as a grievous
failure to kill enough of the bad guys and sufficiently intimidate the rest.
     (Bypassing the euphemisms preferred by many
liberal pundits, George Will wrote in a
Washington Post column on April 7, 2004, that
"every door American troops crash through, every
civilian bystander shot - there will be many -
will make matters worse, for a
while.  Nevertheless, the first task of the
occupation remains the first task of government:
to establish a monopoly on violence.")
     A lot of what sounds like opposition to the
war is more like opposition to losing the
war.  Consider how Philadelphia Inquirer
columnist Trudy Rubin concluded a piece on Sunday
that disparaged Bush and his war policies.  The
column included eloquent, heart-rending words
from the mother of a Marine Corps Reserve member
who died in Iraq.  And yet, the last quote from
her was: "Tell us what it is going to take to
win, Mr. Bush."  In a tag line, the columnist
described it as a question "we all need an answer to."

But some questions are based on assumptions that
should be rejected - and "What is it going to
take to win?" is one of them.  In Iraq, the US
occupation force can't "win."  More importantly,
it has no legitimate right to try.
     While levelling harsh criticisms at the
White House, many analysts fault Bush for the
absence of victory on the horizon.  A plaintive
theme has become familiar: The president deceived
us before the invasion and has made a botch of
the war since then, so leadership that will turn
this war around is now desperately needed and long overdue.

     Some on Capitol Hill, like Democrat Joseph
Biden and Republican John McCain in the Senate,
want more US troops sent to Iraq.  Others have
different messages. "We should start figuring out
how we get out of there," Chuck Hagel said on
Sunday.  He lamented: "By any standard, when you
analyse two and a half years in Iraq ... we're
not winning."  But a tactical departure motivated
by alarm that "we're not winning" is likely to be very slow and very bloody.
     In the Democratic Party's weekly radio
address over the weekend, former senator Max
Cleland said that "it's time for a strategy to
win in Iraq or a strategy to get out."
     Cleland's statement may have been
focus-group tested, but it amounts to another
permutation of what Martin Luther King Jr. called
"the madness of militarism."  All the talk about
the urgent need for a strategy to win in Iraq
amounts to approval for more US leadership in
mass slaughter.  And the United States government
does not need a "strategy" to get out of Iraq any
more than a killer needs a strategy to stop killing.

"It is time to stand back and look at where we
are going," independent journalist I.F. Stone
wrote. "And to take a good look at ourselves.  A
first observation is that we can easily
overestimate our national conscience.  A major
part of the protest against the war springs
simply from the fact that we are losing
it."  Those words appeared in mid-February
1968.  American combat troops remained in Vietnam for another 5 years.
     It matters why people are critical of the US
war effort in Iraq.  If the main objections stem
from disappointment that American forces are not
winning, then the war makers in Washington retain
the possibility of creating the illusion that
they may yet find ways to make the war right.

     Criticism of the war because it isn't being
won leaves the door open for the Bush
administration to sell the claim that - with
enough resolve and better military tactics - the
war can be vindicated.  It's time to close that door.
up! I can see your point, but I still think you're full of s--t.

Bush Gives New Reason for Iraq War: Oil!
President Bush answered growing antiwar protests
yesterday with a fresh reason for US troops to
continue fighting in Iraq: protection of the
country's vast oil fields, which he said would
otherwise fall under the control of terrorist extremists.
 >> looks like they already have.
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/083105A.shtml
up!  If I throw a stick, will you leave?

Bush Is The Real Threat
Tony Benn / The Guardian
Now that the US president has announced that he
has not ruled out an attack on Iran, the Middle
East faces a crisis that could dwarf even the
dangers arising from the war in Iraq.

Even a conventional weapon fired at a nuclear
research centre - whether or not a bomb was being
made there - would almost certainly release
radioactivity into the atmosphere, with
consequences seen worldwide as a mini-Hiroshima.

We would be told that it had been done to uphold
the principles of the nuclear non-proliferation
treaty (NPT) - an argument that does not stand up
to a moment's examination.  The moral and legal
basis of the NPT convention, which the
International Atomic Energy Agency is there to
uphold, was based on the agreement of non-nuclear
nations not to acquire nuclear weapons if nuclear
powers undertook not to extend nuclear arsenals
and negotiate to secure their abolition.

Since then, the Americans have launched a
programme that would allow them to use nuclear
weapons in space, nuclear bunker-busting bombs
are being developed, and depleted uranium has
been used in Iraq - all of which are clear
breaches of the NPT. Israel, which has a massive
nuclear weapons programme, is accepted as a close
ally of the US, which still arms and funds it.

Even those who are opposed, as I am, to nuclear
weapons in every country including Iran, North
Korea, Britain and the US, accept that nuclear
power for electricity generation need not
necessarily lead to the acquisition of the bomb.

Now, it’s easy to understand why “president” Bush
might see the bombing of Iran as a way to regain
some of the political credibility he has lost as
a result of the growing hostility in America to
the Iraq war due to the heavy casualties suffered
by US forces there .  But it’s also inconceivable
that the White House can be contemplating an
invasion of Iran, and what must be intended is a
US airstrike, or airstrikes, on Iranian nuclear
installations, comparable to Israel's bombing of
Iraq in 1981.  Israel has already publicly hinted
that it might do the same again.

Such an attack, whether by the US or Israel,
would be in breach of the UN Charter, as was the
invasion of Iraq.  But neither Bush, Sharon nor
Blair would take any notice of that.

Some influential Americans appear to be convinced
that the US will attack Iran.  Whether they are
right or not, the build-up to a new war is taking
exactly the same form as it did in 2002.  First
we are told that Iran poses a military threat,
because it may be developing nuclear weapons.  We
are assured that the President is hoping that
diplomacy might succeed through the European
negotiations.  This is just what we were told
when Hans Blix was in Baghdad talking to Saddam
on behalf of the UN, but we now know, from a
Downing Street memorandum leaked some months ago,
that the decision to invade had been taken long before that.

That may be the position now, and I fear that if
a US attack does take place, the prime minister
will give it his full support.  And one of his
reasons for doing so will be the same as in Iraq:
namely the fear that, if he alienates Bush,
Britain's so-called independent deterrent might
be taken away.  For, as I also learned when I was
the UK’s energy secretary, Britain is entirely
dependent on the US for the supply of our Trident
warheads and associated technology.  They cannot
even be targeted unless the US switches on its global satellite system.

The irony is that we might be told that Britain
must support Bush, yet again, because of the
threat of weapons of mass destruction, thus
allowing him to kill even more innocent civilians.

Tony Benn will be talking about War; Religion,
Politics; and Democracy, at the Shaw Theatre in London on September 7, 8 and 9
Tony at tbenn.fsnet.co.uk
UP!  How about never? Is never good for you?

london
SUN, SEPT 25
The Poetry Olympics
@ The Royal Albert Hall
Celebrating the 40th anniversary of the First
International Poetry Incarnation which jam-packed
the Royal Albert Hall in 1965; the 25th year of
Poetry Olympics festivals; and the 70th birthday
of Olympic torchbearer and coordinator Michael Horovitz.

The event will feature a truly diverse range of
poets, singer-songwriters, actors and musicians
including Pete Townsend, Jerry Hall, Beth Orton,
Fran Landesman, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Grace
Nichols, Logue, Sujata Bhatt, John Hegley, Annie
Whitehead, and Horovitz, and will be co-hosted by the BBC’s James Naughtie.

It will levitate the Albert Hall by means of a
transcultural time-travelling rocketship which
harbours artists who starred in the momentous
1965 Internationale (Christopher Logue, Adrian
Mitchell, Spike Hawkins) alongside younger
contemporaries clearly set to carry the baton of
vital lyric communications (Eliza Carthy, Stacy
Makishi, Rachel Fuller) on towards ever newer
departures for future generations.
Featuring.

“It was like I’d climbed Mount Everest, or jumped
out of a plane,” said Kylie Minogue about her
appearance in the 1996 Albert Hall Olympics.  “So
many things I’d avoided for so long were right
there.  That was what Nick [Cave] was saying to
me.  ‘It’ll be brilliant: it’ll confront all of
your past, all in one fell swoop.’  And he was right.”

Produced by New Departures Ltd, a charitable
publishing and performing group dedicated to the
continuity of performance poetry and living arts,
Poetry Olympics aims to delight and inspire, and
remind the audience of the power and pizzazz of
performance arts.  This unrepeatable gathering
brings together a nucleus of the most varied
twenty-first century troubadours, reintroducing
the public to perhaps the longest-standing known
cultural tradition  of poetry, songs, music and
acting conjoined in community celebration.

Previous Poetry Olympics have featured
superlative performances by artists ranging from
Allen Ginsberg and Paul McCartney, through Ray
Davies with Damon Albarn, to Joe Strummer and Patti Smith.
Tickets for this unmissable event start at only
£5!  And go up to £40 for premier boxes.
TICKETS: Tel 0207 589 8212
www.royalalberthall.com
UP! I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

los angeles
Exhibition Examining Altered States Of Perception
Ecstasy: In and About Altered States features
works from 1990 to the present by 30 artists
whose works experiment with transcending everyday
physical and mental conditions.  Each artist in
Ecstasy enacts his or her own intervention into
human consciousness by calling attention to
mechanisms of perception and expanding notions of reality.
OCT 9  FEB 20 @ The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA
(152 North Central Avenue in downtown Los
Angeles), October 9, 2005 at occupying the entire building.
http://www.moca-la.org/museum/futureexhibition.php?
UP!

Fanatical Insurgents With Nothing To Lose
OR FREEDOM-FIGHTERS?
People around the world have a record of
supporting national resistance
movements.  Portraying the Iraqi national
Resistance movement as a collection of
“insurgents”, "religious fanatics" and "foreign"
fighters "with nothing to lose" is the
Occupation's way of discrediting the Iraqi
Resistance and denying the Iraqi people their
legitimate right to fight for freedom and national sovereignty.

The pretexts for the Occupation were based on
fake intelligence.  The U.S. and its "allies" are
in the process, through media disinformation, of
not only legitimising the Occupation, but also of
creating new pretexts for the maintenance of a continued US military presence.

The most common media pretext is that U.S. forces
are invited to stay to prevent civil war and
"maintain stability".  But like the pretext of
WMD, there is no evidence to support these U.S.
sponsored lies.  There is a U.S-engineered
stalemate in which no one has a majority to
govern effectively.  The "government" is
powerless, dominated by the same groups of
expatriates who lobbied for the occupation in the
first place!  The U.S. is pitting Iraqis against
each other and creating a climate of fear.

In this regard, the creation, arming and
financing of 'ethnic militias' and death squads
by U.S. forces is designed to create ethnic
divisions and sectarian violence. These US
sponsored militia groups are: The Kurdish
Peshmerga whose leaders supported the U.S.
invasion and Occupation, the Iranian-trained Badr
Brigades, the armed wing of the Supreme Council
of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SCIRI) led by
Ibrahim Al-Jaaferi of the Da'wa party, the INC
militia of Ahmed Chalabi, and the INA militia of Iyad Allawi.

All these groups are involved in terrorist
activities against Iraqi civilians.  The latter 3
groups entered Iraq on the back of U.S. tanks.

The Kurdish militia are the Occupation's most
loyal collaborators, receiving arms and money
from them.  Together with the occupying forces,
they are responsible for wide scale atrocities in Iraqi towns and villages.

Together with the Peshmerga, Israeli Mossad
agents and U.S. forces, the militia groups went
on systematic killings of thousands of prominent
Iraqi academics, scientists, politicians and
religious leaders.  They also participated in the
atrocity and total destruction of Fallujah, which
is depicted as "the storming of Fallujah" in most
mainstream media.  The city was completely
destroyed and is still a 'no go zone' for
Iraqis.  Other Iraqi towns and cities have not
escaped this deliberate destruction.
Ghali Hassan.
http://www.newtopiamagazine.net/articles/64
UP! I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.

“Go F*** Yourself!”
While “President” Bush travels around the country
in a last-ditch effort to sell his Iraq war,
White House aides scramble frantically behind the
scenes to hide the dark mood of an increasingly
angry leader who unleashes obscenity-filled
outbursts at anyone who dares disagree with him.

“I’m not meeting again with that goddamned
bitch,” Bush screamed at aides who suggested he
meet again with Cindy Sheehan, the war-protesting
mother whose son died in Iraq.  “She can go to hell as far as I’m concerned!”

Bush, administration aides confide, frequently
explodes into tirades over those who protest the
war, calling them “motherf***ing traitors.”  He
reportedly was so upset over Veterans of Foreign
Wars members who wore “bullshit protectors” over
their ears during his speech to their annual
convention that he told aides to “tell those VFW
assholes that I’ll never speak to them again if
they can’t keep their members under control.”

White House insiders say Bush is growing
increasingly bitter over mounting opposition to
his war in Iraq.  Polls show a large majority of
Americans now believe the war was a mistake and
most doubt the President’s honesty.
 >> welcome aboard from 90% of the rest of the planet!

“Who gives a flying f*** what the polls say,” he
screamed at a recent strategy meeting.  “I’m the
President and I’ll do whatever I goddamned please.  They don’t know shit.”

Bush, whilst setting up for a photo op for
signing the recent CAFTA bill, flipped an
extended middle finger to reporters.  Aides say
the President often “flips the bird” to show his
displeasure, and tells aides who disagree with
him to “go to hell” or to “go f***
yourself.”  His habit of giving people the finger
goes back to his days as Texas governor, aides
admit, and videos of him doing so before press
conferences were widely circulated among TV stations during those days.

Bush’s behaviour, according to prominent
Washington psychiatrist, Dr. Justin Frank, author
of “Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the
President,” is all too typical of an
alcohol-abusing bully who is ruled by fear.
 >> see up!006 for details.

To see that fear emerges, Dr. Frank says, all one
has to do is confront the President.  “To
actually directly confront him in a clear way, to
bring him out, so you would really see the bully,
and you would also see the fear,” he says.  He
also speculates that Bush, an alcoholic who brags
that he gave up booze without help from groups
like Alcoholics Anonymous, may be drinking again.

“Two questions that the press seems particularly
determined to ignore have hung silently in the
air since before Bush took office,” Dr. Frank
says. “Is he still drinking?  And is he impaired
by all the years he did spend drinking?”

Dr. Frank explains Bush’s behaviour as
all-to-typical of an alcoholic who is still in
denial:  “The pattern of blame and denial, which
recovering alcoholics work so hard to break,
seems to be ingrained in the alcoholic
personality; it's rarely limited to his or her
drinking.  The habit of placing blame and denying
responsibility is so prevalent in George W.
Bush's personal history that it is apparently
triggered by even the mildest threat.”
[Doug Thompson / Capitol Hill Blue]
UP! I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

\)))))(/
____,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,____FEEDBACK
been having some tekkie probs nothing serious.
did u miss our little island of sanity ?

I did actually.  Glad you're still with us -
thought they might finally have got you!
Robin, Copenhagen.

Hi Fraser!
Yes we have missed your little island of sanity,
the truth is a virus so keep it coming.
Peace,
The Artful Lodgers, London.
www.artful-lodgers.org

DEAR Fraser!
UP! is great!  Thankyou.
liz koegel, london.
UP!

ROMAN CHRISTIAN CHURCH’S ROOTS - MUSHROOM WORSHIP! FEEDBACK!!

Fraser, you are so obviously the single most
important and inspiring writer working today.  I
don’t know of any other site which covers the
ranges, and the interconnections between them,
that you do.  My question is:  how come no
overground publisher has picked UP! on you?
Laurens, Chicago.
 >> it takes a publisher with both vision AND
balls, and i guess they’re rare these days.

Hi Fraser
FANTASTIC!  You are right, so so so right about
this, and I hate to agree with you cos I just
love arguing the toss with you, but it has to be
said....... You are right this time!

The Roman Catholic church launched a massive
conspiracy that has demonised women and
suppressed everyone else so that they could vest
all power in the hands of the rich and keep the
poor in their place.  I'm so glad we can all talk
about this now.  The truth must come out.......

.......and all this is at the heart of why we
find ourselves in this bloody mess now....... I'm
sure JC is looking down on us all and shaking his
head.  The church got the message WRONG and now
we're fighting a terrible war in part because of it.

Let's get back to the sacred feminine I say.  We
would all be a hell of a lot better off.

Keep it UP Fraser!

LOL
Sofie, Exeter, UK.

thanks Fraser! you rock!
Peter Fish, Orlando, US.

Thanks for the dynamite articles and inspiration.
Deglobalisation has begun.  The dismantling of
the big machine is definitely happening.  Keep up
the good work.  Blessings, Batman.
Paul Terrell, Sweden.

Fraser, it's pretty clear to me that humans are
descended from sheep, not monkeys.
Mr. T, Portland, Oregon.
 >> u speak for yourself, mr t!

hi fraser
good on you for the Mary Magdalene (and the
mushrooms stuff too - wow!) i'd like to add to the story

this year I was in a group that restarted the
Feast of the Magdalene - a holy feast to praise
and honour Mary and other priestesses of the
Goddess and Divine Mother, especially sex workers
and those following the path of the sacred sexual
priestesses of that era who have been
misrepresented.. it took only six moves in
linguistics for Priestess of the Temple to be
translated into Whore, or Prostitute .. (see
www.sacredsexrevival.com for the list)

the story goes - Mary, an Ethiopian virgin
priestess of the temple of Isis meets Jesus at
the well - she knows she is meant for him, they
become lovers and he learns the secrets with her,
including increasing his "ka" - his spirit body,
or aura.  his mission was to cut a path through
death, they used sexual alchemy, through the then
widely taught and used "alchemies of horus", the
"sex magic of isis" and raising of the kundalini
to such an extent that he knew he had to die and
that he had to use his psychic energy to bring "a
tunnel of light so that all can follow" - from death to the road to heaven.

mary and jesus had a son, aaron, and a daughter,
sara (sara later married the man who started the
Knights Templar).  When Jesus died a group
including mary, mary Jesus' mother and joseph,
the children and a few others, travelled in fear
of their lives, first by boat to France (the
worth a visit - abbey Rennes-Le-Chateau)
dedicated to the sacred feminine holds clues to
Her existence and importance in france when She
stopped there.  they then travelled to
Glastonbury, where legend says they were hidden
and protected by the druids - Glastonbury's MAIN
street is called Magdalene Street, and the
Magdalene chapel in that street dates before
1090, the thorny flowering bush in glastonbury
has legend that Joseph touched it.

Mary "retired" to the welsh coast to end her days
in peace.  She was awoken in spirit form with
Jesus about 5 years ago at the opening of the
Fourth Seal in Glastonbury England, witnessed by
100 people including Edwin Courtney, and many
forms of the Goddess energy have been rising in
unstoppable form since this time, especially through Mary and Tara energy.

The seven seals you speak of, though, remind me
of the 7 chakras that open when the kundalini is
rising - the "first seal of the house of isis" is
a sexual seal to protect the kundalini and mooladhara chakra.

i hope you enjoy my contribution - i enjoy
reading yours - next year we hope to have a
special weekend in glastonbury The Feast of the
Magdalene 22nd/23rd July 2006 Glastonbury -
please join us to honour Her - see also my
calendar - designed to increase awareness of the
Goddess and our erotic spirituality!  i have been
also recruiting troops! (The Sexual Peace
Core)  to join an alternative army  those
undertaking regular tantric type sexual
worshipping for the common goal of Peace and the
bringing of Heaven on Earth  - i think we only
need 144,000 to do it!  Make Love Not War has never been so important!
www.sacredsexrevival.com
thanks - keep it upp uppp!
Bernadette Vallely, Author, Sacred Sex .
 >> it’s not a nanosecond too soon for the
goddess energy to rise rampant, but lissen
guys’ngals this ain’t going to be a Holy Blood &
Grail sorta thing. i c a lot of this as the
opposite but equal pole of the weirder ends of
the conspiracy thread.  we don’t want to end up
with ANOTHER Holy Tale, as based in “faith” as
the previous one.  i repeat:  there isn’t a
single thread of evidence for the physical
existence of anyone called Jesus period.  the
next step from that fact is UP! to you, but every
step is on a path to somewhere.

Thank you so much. Zak told me about this and
it's information I've been waiting for.
Ashera, Los Angeles.
UP! I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o
  the UP! is a global edutainment round-up, broadcast weekly to =[13,605]=
Alternative// Activist// Zippy// Trance// New Age// Peace folks
recommended to the Parallel YOUniversity// Megatripolis Dance Dept as
  "showing signs of life".
Since recipients forward it widely to their own lists & sites,
we conservatively estimate 50,000+ direct recipients.
A further 40,000 read it on the YOUniversity's site.
And, because of its 'mix' of 'specialist' & 'general' content,
it's increasingly being posted on a variety of sites worldwide,
making an estimated total weekly readership of =[275,000]=
(\o/)(\o/)\(o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o

Is Bird Flu Pandemic Chicken Little Scenario?
  by Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones
In 2003 it was SARS, the deadly virus that caused
lethal pneumonia and lung failure was sweeping
the globe and it was only a matter of time before
the west would succumb to its devastating wrath.

The number of SARS cases never topped 1000, none
of which were proven to be anything more than traditional lung infections.

SARS has been replaced by a new enemy, an enemy
that may require martial law, quarantines and
forced vaccinations - H5N1 - the dreaded Bird Flu.
 >> i gotta horrible sinking feeling they’re
gonna announce they have to kill every bird on
the planet.  first we misuse & abuse them in ten
mile long chinese chicken concentration camps and
then, when they get diseased, we expunge the
entire bird species to protect ourselves.

Are we right to be concerned, or is this just
another fearmongering campaign to make millions
for big pharma and keep us under the suffocating
'protection' of Big Brother nanny state?

In October of last year, the head of the Russian
Virology Institute, Academician Dmitry Lvov said
at a press conference, “Up to one billion people
could die around the whole world in 6 months.  We
are half a step away from a worldwide pandemic catastrophe."

No catastrophe happened that year, nor after 6 months, nor 8 months.

Thank God it didn't happen, but for people like
Ted Turner, Jacques-Yves Cousteau and Prince
Philip, a billion deaths isn't necessarily a bad thing for humanity.

"The simplest answer is that the world's
population should be about two billion, and we've
got about six billion now," Turner told E
Magazine, an environmentalist publication.  He
went even further in an interview with Audubon magazine.

"A total world population of 250-300 million
people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal."

In a 1991 interview with the UNESCO Courier,
Jacques-Yves Cousteau, the famous Emmy award
winning film producer who went on to be a kingpin
of the environmental movement said: "It's
terrible to have to say this.  World population
must be stabilised and to do that we must eliminate 350,000 people per day."

In the foreword to his book If I Were an Animal,
Prince Philip wrote: "In the event that I am
reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly
virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation."
 >> these guys are just full of love for us!

So the elite are very concerned about their noble
effort to cull the population for the Greater
Good.  Should we therefore be alarmed by a London
Times article which reports: "Britain’s elite
have been selected as priority cases to receive
scarce pills and vaccinations at the taxpayers’
expense if the country is hit by a deadly bird flu outbreak."

Is this a red flag or is it simply a means of
creating a false scarcity so that everyone runs out and buys the antidote?

We’d be wise to remember that the revelation that
the Bush cabinet was on the anthrax fighting
Cipro only emerged in the media after the anthrax
attack was in process, not before.

Hence it seems more likely that this is a ruse to
line the pockets of the government affiliated pharmaceutical companies.

However one thing is clear: if this outbreak did
occur, the justification to suspend
Constitutional rights will be flaunted to its
maximum exposure.  Back in April “President” Bush
added pandemic influenza to the list of diseases
for which quarantine is authorised.  China's
zealous martial law tactics in dealing with SARS,
home detention, curfews, mandatory vaccinations,
restriction of travel, are the model for what could unfold in the US.

The federal blueprint for the exact same scenario
was released and picked up by the Associated
Press a year ago.  This will make ID cards and
airport security checks look like a tea party.

This is a slow process of conditioning the public
to accept mandatory vaccinations and restrictions
on mobility under a rule of martial law.

The ball started rolling back in 2001 when the
Model States Emergency Health Powers Act was
passed, which allows for total government
takeover of every industry, vehicle, building,
location, distribution process, you name it.

And when this flu pandemic happens who will we
blame?  Surely not US scientists playing around
with the deadly 1918 Spanish flu virus at "less
than the maximum level of containment" according to the New Scientist magazine.

At present, bird flu fearmongering seems highly
likely to be a chicken little scenario.  But if
it does happen just think for yourself about what
the elite have already said on the record about
depopulation, and add to that the fact that the
elite were the first to be protected against any possible bird flu pandemic.
 >> and have nightmares about the horrors we’re
inflicting on the bird species and the karma we’re paying for it.
www.prisonplanet.com/index.html
UP! Chaos, panic, & disorder...my work here is done.

superbugs being hatched in UK hospitals?
watch out for mad cow disease in america!
the USDA has announced the first home-grown case
of mad cow - in a Texas beef cow.

US animal feed regulations allow hundreds of
millions of pounds of cattle blood and fat to be
fed back to cattle each year, including the
widespread weaning of calves on cattle blood
protein in calf-milk replacer and milk formula.

In addition, one million tons a year of "poultry
litter" is shovelled from barn floors at chicken
factories and fed to cattle, although the spilled
and defecated chicken feed in the litter can
contain up to 30% mammalian meat and bone meal.

On June 30 the New York Times reported that Texas
Governor Rick Perry had issued a statement urging
citizens to remain calm and be reassured that
they could trust the state's beef: 'I, for one,
will continue to eat red meat, and intend to do
so later tonight with complete confidence.  Later
Mr. Perry issued a revised statement that dropped
the reference to his dinner plans but added that
Texas beef was 'as safe today as it was yesterday.'
 >> sounds to me like he’s taken legal advice.  he knew yesterday!
up! I shall always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.

Flu Viruses Can Quickly Swap Genes - Study
Strains of the influenza virus are constantly
swapping genes among themselves and giving rise
to new, dangerous strains at a rate faster than previously believed.
 >> or ‘Science’ (meaning really just technology) can adapt.

Such events probably are what lead to the
occasional pandemics of flu that can kill millions of people.
Reuters July 26, 2005
up!

Radioactive Wounds of War
Tests on returning US troops suggest serious
health consequences of depleted uranium use in
Iraq.  In the current wars in Afghanistan and,
especially, Iraq, DU has become the weapon of
choice, even though studies in the mid-90's
concluded there was no safe way to use DU as weapons.
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/082605A.shtml
UP!

a l l g o o d t h i n g s c o m e t o a n e n d
which don't justify nuttin'

U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U UP P P P P P P P P P P P P P P
YOUR PLANET NEEDS //YOU!This HipList grows purely by recommendation.
SO RECOMMEND SOMEONE 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!
TO DEBATE ANYTHING in the UP!, visit the GroupMind Debating Board on
WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM
YES, YES, SEND US EDUTAINING NEWSN VIEWS no need to ask! :-)
FOR MORE FRASER ON RAVE CULTURE & THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT VISIT
WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM/fraser
  TO UNSUBSCRIBE, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX
U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U UP P P P P P P P P P P P P P P

Parallel YOUniversity, Box 833, London NW6, UK
fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
www.parallel-youniversity.com

www.parallel-youniversity.com/fraser

====
how to end terrorism at a single stroke
// PLEASE CIRCULATE TO ALL CONCERNED PLANETARY CITIZENS //

an apology & solution offered to all arabs to end defensive jihad terrorism

by a citizen of the west

WE WHO CALL FOR PEACE MUST OFFER MORE THAN JUST
THE HOPE THAT THE PROBLEM WILL GO AWAY.  PEACE IS
A RESULT, NOT A SOLUTION!  IT IS THE RESULT OF
ACTIONS TAKEN TO RESOLVE A PROBLEM.

TO END DEFENSIVE JIHAD TERRORISM WE MUST IDENTIFY
THE PROBLEM, THEN DEAL WITH THE CAUSES.

THE PROBLEM/PEACE SOLUTION
1. Except where we are able to admit our own far
far worse & far far longer term terrorism, we
must stop seeing it purely as terrorism.
”The killers are those who kill - and that
includes our pilots as well as their bombers. We
don't want to kill civilians, but we know that
our wars will do that, and death does not come
more pleasantly or less painfully because the
victims are killed by the supposedly benevolent
West rather than the supposedly cruel East. Now
we are beginning to pay the price.”  Robert Fisk

2. al-queda leaders have made very clear all
along that they are fighting a defensive jihad,
the only one permitted by islam - the kind
saladin fought successfully against the christian
crusades.  indeed, as I read mohamed’s words,
such action is obligatory on all muslims when the
Faith / Faithful are under attack.  once a
defensive jihad has been declared, aggressive
attacks on the Enemy become permitted, even required.

(if your response is THEYRE ATTACKING US!, then
ask yourself how many arab soldiers are
positioned in your country.  and if u say, after
all this, that our military were invited in by
some MEGA FAT QUISLING SHEIKH, then I say u r a
baboon :))  such ignorance is a geometrically
accelerating danger to me and to all people on this planet.

3. we ALREADY KNOW against what those thousands
of terrorists and hundreds of thousands of
supporters are defending. and their demands are eminently reasonable:

A.  REMOVAL OF ALL FOREIGN TROOPS FROM ARAB LANDS (except UN)

B.  IMPOSITION OF A UN AGREED PEACE SETTLEMENT
AROUND ISRAEL’S BORDERS. (militarily if
necessarily, and for as long as required -  like yugoslavia).

these are an absolute minimum, are eminently
reasonable, would already stop the massive spread
of terrorism in its tracks, and would save
hundreds (possibly hundreds of thousands?) of
western lives over the next decade.  meanwhile
the withdrawn personnel and equipment should be
put to protecting our own homelands and borders.

C. FINANCIAL COMPENSATION FOR ALL FORCED
CONTRACTS AND CRIMES AGAINST THEM, AND A
SIMULTANEOUS CANCELLATION OF ALL WORLD DEBT (for
the same reasons - and let’s pray the africans
and the indians will be more ‘understanding’ than the arabs!)
removing soldiers and settling the israel
question only delivers a level playing field, it
would not be nearly enough to compensate for all
the bullying terrorism we have practised on their
civilisation over the centuries and since the discovery of oil.
what’s fundamentally required is not some
begrudging inch-by-inch retreat but a Magnificent
Public Gesture to show Sincerity and Contrition
(far better than having it forced on us at a
later date when SOME terrorism continued to
develop).  the establishing of a fair “market
price” for oil would be an excellent step in this
general direction - say double what we’ve allowed so far?

the above actions (or UN promises to implement)
would, at a single stroke or in several steps,
i]  cut off the ‘religious’ base of the jihad
ii] answer the political grievances
iii] resolve the economic crimes.
they would thus drain the massively spawning
community of fanatics of public support, the
planet would be perceived by all its inhabitants
to be on a proper and fair evolutionary path at
last, the terrorism problem would begin to wither
on the vine, and surprisingly quickly the present
problem would be looked back on as having been
little more than a learning curve on humanity’s progress towards globality.

obviously none of this can begin to happen till
the dinosaurs have finally been shrugged onto the
Fossil Record, with the name George Bush
consigned to History as the planet’s Greatest
Bogyman & Schmuck.  sounds about right to me :)
www.parallel-youniversity.com

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of
the individual addressee(s) named above and may
contain information that is confidential
privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive
persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour
or absurd religious beliefs. If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email is not
authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and
constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless
the word absquatulation has been used in its
correct context somewhere other than in this
warning, it does not have any legal or
grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals
were harmed in the transmission of this email,
although the spaniel next door is living on
borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with
an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be
gratified to learn that there is no hidden
message revealed by reading this warning
backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from
Microsoft. However, by pouring a complete circle
of salt around yourself and your computer you can
ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If
you have received this email in error, please add
nutmeg and flour, lightly sift & mix with 200g
margarine and 180g sugar, beat well and place it in a warm oven for 40 minutes.
Let it stand for 2 hours before icing