[pagan-magik] Film: ADVERTISING CONSUMERISM, , IS, , GLORIFYING ECO-TERRORISM !

Nick St Clare ecotort at gn.apc.org
Tue Feb 21 04:08:59 GMT 2006

*ADVERTISING CONSUMERISM*

*IS*

*GLORIFYING ECO-TERRORISM !*

* *

*The THREAT of Environmental Damage*

*Is AS SERIOUS as the threat of A WAR*

* *

*
See: [www.ecotort.gn.apc.org <http://www.ecotort.gn.apc.org>]*

If you can't even conceive of something as being possible, then

how can you act on it to bring you what you want?

The way you see a situation and the way you see your options

will determine what you do.

 And what you DO determines what you get.

*/_

_/*

Actors, Crew, 3 chip dv Camera ops,

required for:

self funded

10 minute short

revolutionary

eco-active film production:

To be filmed in Hackney at the EcoTort Studio and on location.

 CAST:

Lumberjack age 35 - 40

Wife 30 - 35

Son 5 -10

Income Support Officer m/f 30 - 50

Police Constable 30 - 50

Duty Solicitor 35 - 50

Police Inspector 40 - 50

Extras any age...

CREW:

Costume

Set Design

Artists

Musicians

Cooks

Engineers

And More!

Filming last two weeks of March

Everyone will receive a copy of the finished film to distribute freely
and a share of any profits(?!)...

*_SCRIPT:_*

*_SCENE ONE_*

INT. KITCHEN.

IT IS EARLY EVENING.

JOHNNY IS EATING HIS TEA

*_Johnny:_*

Mummy Mummy! Where is Daddy?

*_Mother:_*

He’s at the pub again, getting drunk with his friends, now eat your tea,
there’s a good boy, it’s past your bed time…

JOHNNY CONTINUES EATING HIS TEA

*_Johnny:_*

But Mummy! Why does Daddy go to the pub and get dunk and come home and
beat us up every Friday night?

*_Mother:_*

I don’t know dear, now stop asking so many silly questions and eat your
tea; it’s past your bed time!

JOHNNY CONTINUES EATING HIS TEA

*_Johnny:_*

Mummy, when we went to school today they told us that when people drink
too much, it’s because they want to forget about something they don’t
want to think about any more.

Is it because Daddy’s a lumberjack and he has to cut trees down all day,
and Daddy really loves the trees doesn’t he Mummy?

*_Mother:_*

Yes dear, he loves the trees, now stop asking so many silly questions
and eat your tea, it’s past your bed time, and/ HE’S GOING TO BE HOME
SOON!!/

JOHNNY FINISHES HIS TEA.

HE GOES UPSTAIRS TO BED

HALF-WAY UP THE STAIRS, ON HIS WAY TO BED, HE TURNS AROUND

PAUSE

* *

*_Johnny:_*

Mummy Mummy! When I grow up to be a lumberjack like Daddy, will I have
to go to the pub every Friday night, and get drunk  and come home and
beat my wife and children up so I can forget how horrible it is to cut
down trees all day?

*_Mother:_*

SHOCKED

Don’t be silly dear, nowadays they’ve got NICE things like VALLIUM and
PROZAC; they’ve even got RITTALIN for children.. Now go to sleep…there’s
a /good/ boy.

Sweet Dreams!

MUMMY PREPARES THE EVENING MEAL FOR DADDY,

SHE IS TALKING TO HERSELF,

SHE MAKES IT CLEAR THAT SHE HAS HAD QUITE ENOUGH OF HIS BEHAVIOUR,

SHE IS GOING TO LEAVE HIM AND TAKE THEIR ONLY SON WITH HER.

IT IS HIS VERY LAST CHANCE!

DADDY COMES HOME

HE HAS A /BLACK EYE/ AND HE IS /LIMPING/…

*_Mother:_*

Where have you been you bloody f*****g bastard?

In the f*****g pub again with your so-called friends!

Just look at the state of you, you’re stone-drunk and you’ve been
fighting again …!

*_Father:_*

I haven’t been to the pub,

And I haven’t been drinking or fighting either,

Here, smell my breath…

SHE SMELLS HIS BREATH, THERE IS NO ALCOHOL..!

*_Mother:_*

Well how did you get into such a state then?

Explain yourself!

*_Father:_*

HE IS EMOTIONAL…

I went to work this morning

and I couldn’t stand it any longer;

You know I love the trees

but I have to cut them down all day

or we can’t pay the mortgage

and we’ll be thrown out on the street…

I come home from work,

our son tells me he hates me

because I’m destroying the planet he will have to live on for the rest
of his life.

I have to beat him so he will become a stupid lumberjack like me,

then you tell me not to beat him,

we argue and end up fighting,

it’s driving me f*****g mAd!

So this-morning

I told them to stuff their STUPID job!

*_Mother:_*

What do you mean you stupid man!

How do you think we’re going to pay the mortgage

and feed our son if you don’t have a job????

*_Father:_*

-I’ve got another job on an organic farm;

*_Mother:_*

This had better be good!

Any more of your lies and we’re through,

I’ve had than enough of this!

I mean it,

one little lie

and you'll never see me or your son again, EVER!,

*_Father:_*

Well I went to work this morning, and I couldn’t stand it any more,

I decided that I’m not going to damage the Earth any more,

I left the car behind and walked home.

I went in the shed and got my old bicycle out;

(you remember when we went on our honeymoon on the bikes together
fifteen years ago?)

Well those bikes have been in there all this time rusting away,

The wheels are all wobbly and only the back brake works.

So I got on my bike and went to the job centre.

I got there at about nine o’clock,

I went in and took my ticket from the machine and sat down

and waited…..

and waited,

and waited,

and waited

until about three in the afternoon

when I finally got seen….

*_SCENE TWO_*

INT. JOB CENTRE

INTERVIEW WITH THE CLIENT ADVISER

*_Client Adviser:_*

Good afternoon sir,

how can we help you today?

*_Father:_*

I do hope you can help me,

I’ve been fifteen years cutting trees down all day,

I can’t stand it any more,

I really love the trees.

At the end of the day, I come home from work

my son tells me he hates me because I’m destroying the planet which
he’ll have to live on for the rest of his life,

I have to beat him so he will become a stupid lumberjack like me,

my wife tells me not to beat him, we argue and we end up fighting,

it’s driving me mAd!

So this-morning I told them to stuff their job!

PLEASE/,/

/Do you have an environment friendly job for me?/

/ /

*_Client Adviser:_*

I’m very sorry sir,

we don’t have environment friendly jobs here;

now if you’ll just sign the job seekers’ agreement

agreeing to take any work we offer you,

we’ll see about setting up a claim and paying you some money…

*_Father:_*

RAGING

I’m NOT SIGNING A F*****G CONTRACT AGREEING TO DAMAGE THE EARTH ANY MORE

/I told you, I can’t stand it, /

/It’s driving me f***ing mad, /

/I feel like I’m going to kill someone!/

/ -And you’re first in line right now!/

*_Client Adviser:_*

I’m very sorry sir,

you’re making yourself /unavailable for work/.

Kindly leave the premises

or we'll have to call the Police.

WITH DIFFICULTY, FATHER SUPPRESSES HIS ANGER AND STARTS TO LEAVE THE JOB
CENTRE

FADE TO:

INT KITCHEN

*_Father:_*

Well I thought I had better leave before I got arrested,

but on the way out,

a woman approached me from behind one of the desks

FADE TO:

INT. JOB CENTRE.

A WOMAN (JUST AT RETIREMENT AGE) APPROACHES AND THEY CONVERSE…

*_Woman:_*

Young man!

You have my deepest sympathy!

I’ve seen a lot of people like you

arrested, beaten,

injected with tranquilisers

even put in straight jackets

for asking that same question.

I’ve been working here for over thirty years,

it’s my last day today

and I can finally speak my mind!

I have some friends who may be able to help you….

they have an organic farm, it's in the city on the roof of a building,

they have cows on the roof, and they need a herdsman

to stop the cows falling off the roof.

*_Father:_*

That sounds ideal, perfect in fact!

Thank you SO much!

*_Woman:_*

You’re welcome young man,

I think you deserve it!

good luck with the job interview.

FADE TO:

INT KITCHEN

*_Father:_*

So I left the job centre and started on my way to the job interview,

it must have been about four in the afternoon by then.

On the way, as I was cycling past the market

I saw a pile of bananas in boxes which were going to be thrown out,

so I went over to the man on the banana stall…

FADE TO:

EXT STREET MARKET

*_Street Trader:_*

Alright guv, what can I do for you?

*_Father:_*

Well it’s like this,

I’ve been fifteen years cutting trees down all day every day.

I can’t stand it any more; I love the trees,

at the end of the day’s work

I come home and my son tells me he hates me

because I’m destroying the planet

which he has to live on for the rest of his life.

I beat him so he will become a stupid lumberjack like me,

my wife tells me not to beat him,

we argue and end up fighting,

it’s been driving me mAd!

So this-morning I told them to stuff their job!

I went to the job centre, and now I've got a new job as a herdsman

on an organic farm on the roof of a building in the city

keeping the cows from falling off the roof,

but they’re not going to pay me for two weeks.

I was wondering is there any chance I could take some of those bananas

so at least I’ve got something to put on the table for the wife and kid
tonight?

*_Street Trader:_*

Sure guvn’r, take as many as you like!

FATHER GETS TWO CARRIER BAGS, FILLS THEM WITH BANANAS, HANGS THEM FROM
THE HANDLEBARS OF THE BIKE .

*_Father:_*

Cheers mate, many thanks…, all the best!

So I was riding to the job interview,

going down a hill,

I put the brake on to slow down, and the cable snapped, now I had NO BRAKES!

I was going faster and faster down the hill, around the corner, and I
fell off the bike…

FADE TO:

INT KITCHEN

I hurt my leg and got a black eye too!

HE HOLDS HIS BLACK EYE AND HURT LEG

*_Mother:_*

Do you really expect me to believe this story?

So where /are /all these famous bananas ??

* *

*_Father:_*

I just getting to that, I fell off the bike didn't I?

There were bananas everywhere! all over the road and the pavement,

And then guess what happened...

*_Mother:_*

I really couldn't imagine, do tell...

FADE TO:

AN ELDERLY LADY IS WALKING ALONG THE PAVEMENT, WITH SHOPPING BAG AND
WALKING STICK.

SHE SLIPS ON A BANANA, FALLS OVER AND HURTS HER WRIST.

*_Father:_*

Oh my God! What am I going to do now? It’s just not my day today!

HE GETS HIS MOBILE PHONE OUT AND CALLS FOR AN AMBULANCE.

WHILE HE IS LOOKING AFTER THE LADY, THE AMBULANCE ARRIVES,

THEY TAKE HER AWAY.

THEN TWO POLICE OFFICERS ARRIVE.

*_Constable:_*

Hello Hello Hello! And what have we here? Assaulting defenceless old
ladies with bicycles are we sir?

*_Father:_*

I was doing nothing of the kind officer! It was a complete accident! I
was going down this hill and the brake cable snapped!

*_Constable:_*

EXAMINING THE BIKE

Well well well, it looks as though the brake cable /has/ snapped,

but it is rather RUSTY isn’t it sir?

Riding a bicycle in that condition could be very dangerous,

and doing it knowingly would be /RECKLESS and CRIMINAL/ …

*_Father:_*

/Excuse me officer, I’ve been fifteen years cutting down trees all day. /

/If I don't carry on doing it I can't pay the mortgage and my family
will be thrown out on the street./

/I can’t stand it any more, I love the trees. /

/I come home from a hard day’s work,/

/my son tells me he hates me because I’m destroying the planet which he
will have to live on for the rest of his life. /

/I have to beat him so he will become a stupid lumberjack like me. /

/My wife tells me not to beat him, we argue and I beat up her too! /

/It’s been driving me mad! /

/Anyway, this morning I told them to stuff their stupid job.../

/I went to the job centre and now I’ve got a new job as a herdsman on an
organic farm on the roof of a building in the city, stopping the cows
from falling off the roof so I can earn the money to buy new brakes for
my bike without damaging the environment. /

/Now how on earth can that be RECKLESS and CRIMINAL???/

*_Constable:_*

I’m very sorry sir,

but you must realise that if you do something which is likely to injure
your neighbour,

and you do it knowingly

it is reckless and criminal.

Now you say you're a lumberjack.

As a practical man you must have known that your brakes weren’t working
properly,

and as a direct result of knowingly riding your bicycle in that condition,

there is now a little old lady in hospital with a broken arm.

I’m afraid sir that I’m going to have to arrest you and take you to the
police station…

*_Father:_*

Bloody Hell!

Take me away then!

It's not my day, is it?

FADE TO INT KITCHEN:

*_Father:_*

I was in that police cell for several hours, and while I was in there I
got to thinking about this offence of recklessness, to knowingly injure
your neighbour is reckless and criminal…

Suddenly it dawned on me that to knowingly damage the environment is to
knowingly injure your neighbour...

I have been knowingly injuring myself, my family /and /my neighbours
every day for the last fifteen years by cutting down all those trees…and
if I didn’t carry on doing it I couldn’t pay the mortgage contract, and
we would all be thrown out on the street.

So I asked to see the duty solicitor.

About twenty minutes later he came to see me…

INT. POLICE CELL.

THE DUTY SOLICITOR ARRIVES

*_Duty Solicitor:_*

How may I help you Sir?

*_Father:_*

Could you tell me what would happen if there was a legal contract
forcing a person to commit a crime?

*_Duty Solicitor:_*

Well now Sir, that would be a void contract;

Unenforceable sir...

We can’t have legal contracts forcing people to commit crimes now can we
sir?

It would be the end of the world as we know it,

Wouldn’t it sir?

*_Father:_*

You know, I think you may be right,

That’s very interesting,

Thank you very much…

*_Duty Solicitor:_*

Glad to be of service sir.

DUTY SOLICITOR LEAVES

INT. KITCHEN.

*_Father:_*

So I thought about it a bit more,

and it occurred to me that the people in the job centre

had been trying to get me to sign the job seekers’ agreement,

agreeing to commit more of the same crime,

so I asked to see the duty solicitor again….

INT. POLICE CELL.

THE DUTY SOLICITOR ARRIVES,

*_Duty Solicitor:_*

How may I help you this time Sir?

*_Father:_*

I was just wondering if you could tell me what would happen if I were to
/sign/ a contract agreeing to commit a crime?

*_Duty Solicitor:_*

/Well Sir/

/You could be arrested for that sir!/

We can’t have people going around /signing contracts agreeing to commit
crime/ now can we sir….

/It would be the end of the world as we know it, /

/Wouldn’t it sir…./

*_Father:_*

Hmmm.

I suppose you’re right,

many thanks again,

you’ve been most helpful!

*_Duty Solicitor:_*

Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance…

DUTY SOLICITOR LEAVES.

INT. KITCHEN.

*_Father:_*

Well I thought about it some more,

and I realised that I have been paying a third of my wages in tax to the
government

so they can make up laws so all this crime can be committed.

Surely the government is reckless and criminal...

And I've been paying them to do it!!!

So I asked to see the duty solicitor again….

INT. POLICE CELL.

THE DUTY SOLICITOR ARRIVES, ONCE MORE OUTSIDE THE WINDOW IN THE DOOR OF
THE POLICE CELL.

*_Duty Solicitor:_*

What is it this time sir?

*_Father:_*

If you could tell me just one more thing?

Could you tell me please,

what would happen

if I were to PAY someone

to commit a crime?

*_Duty Solicitor:_*

Well sir,

I would have thought you would've realised by now sir,

you can be arrested for that as well sir!

We can’t have people going around paying people to commit crimes now can
we sir?

It would surely be the end of the world as we know it wouldn’t it sir???

*_Father:_*

You know what?

I do think you’re right!

Thank you SO much, that’s all I need to know, many thanks again….

*_Duty Solicitor:_*

Glad to be of service Sir, good luck when your case comes up!

DUTY SOLICITOR LEAVES.

INT. KITCHEN.

*_Father:_*

All these years I’ve been paying taxes to a criminal government….

then suddenly,

it hit me…

surely if the government really is  criminal,

we could have them arrested…

so I asked to see the Inspector of the police station…

INT POLICE STATION, AN INTERVIEW ROOM

THE INSPECTOR IS SEATED

THERE ARE TWO CUPS OF TEA AND SOME BISCUITS ON THE TABLE.

*_Inspector:_*

Good afternoon Sir. You wanted to see me?

*_Father:_*

LOOKS AT THE TEA AND BISCUITS

I don't suppose you've been talking with that duty solicitor have you
Officer?

*_Inspector:_*

As a matter of fact, I have sir.

A very interesting conversation we had as well.

Now how can I help you sir?

Cup of tea sir?

*_Father:_*

Yes, thank you.

Well, following the line of the argument,

surely,

if the government is reckless and criminal

we could have them arrested?

*_Inspector:_*

Hmmm

PAUSE

I've never thought of it like that Sir.

PAUSE

I suppose you’re right, /in theory /Sir.

Of course I couldn’t do anything about it myself.

I'd lose my job and my family'd be thrown out on the street…

*_Father:_*

You mean to tell me

that as a senior police officer

you have to stand by and watch all this crime being committed

or you will lose your job

and be thrown out on the street just like anyone else???

*_Inspector:_*

I’m afraid that that would seem to be the case sir…

But I will tell you that when I was a young idealistic man of seventeen
years old,

I took a vow of office,

just like every other police officer,

"To protect life and property and uphold the law”.

*_Father:_*

Never!

You’re having me on!

The most serious threat to life and property in the world is
environmental pollution and damage...!

I mean; only six months ago, Sir David King, -the government’s chief
scientific adviser said it was more serious than the threat of global
terrorism, and he’s still got his job!

And in terms of physical, emotional and mental injury

being done /knowingly/;

it is the most serious breach of the law as well!

Surely you,

and every other police officer,

should be committed eco-activists!!

*_Inspector:_*

I’m very sorry sir,

but there is nothing I can do,

my hands are tied….

*_Father:_*

But I’m an environmental campaigner now!

I am protecting life and property from the most serious threat to life
and property,

and upholding the law from the most serious breach of the law….

Surely the entire Green Movement is upholding the police vow of office!

Am I right or wrong officer??!

*_Inspector:_*

Well I can’t argue with you sir;

but as I said before,

I’m afraid there is nothing I can do…

*_Father:_*

So what would happen if all the working people knew this information

All the builders, the farmers, the engineers, the miners, the fishermen,

Destroying the planet every day,

coming home from work and their kids are saying

"Daddy I hate you, you're destroying the planet I will have to live on
for the rest of my life"

-If they all knew that the mortgage is a void contract.

That it is illegal to pay tax until we declare a State of Emergency for
the environment,

And they knew the police vow of office in this context,

And they all decided to march to London saying

“We want a state of emergency for the environment,

and we want it now!”

-they would become the green movement then,

wouldn’t they officer?

*_Inspector:_*

I suppose they would sir…

*_Father:_*

And what if all those tradesmen;

the builders, the farmers, the engineers, the miners, the fishermen,

and all their families,

their wives and children,

thousands and thousands of people

were all coming to London,

And what if the government saw them all coming,

And the government said to you as a police officer:

“Arrest them!

Put them back to work destroying the environment!”

– Tell me officer, what would you do?

*_Inspector:_*

TAKES HIS HAT OFF AND SCRATCHES HIS HEAD WITH A FROWN...

I think at that point in time sir

I would politely have to tell them to bugger off!

*_Father:_*

And what about the rest of the police force?
and the Army?
and the Navy?
and the Air Force?….
what do you think they would do?

Would they support the government?  …

Or the People??

THERE IS A LONG PAUSE AS THE IMPLICATIONS SINK IN TO BOTH OF THEM!

*_Inspector:_*

You know I do think you could be right sir;

Anyone would have to be certifiable as insane to support the government
on that issue…!

END

www.ecotort.gn.apc.org <http://www.ecotort.gn.apc.org>

email: ecotort at gn.apc.org <mailto:ecotort at gn.apc.org>