[pagan-magik] up! 0028// Friends And Fixtures, Farewell// march 2, 2006

fraser fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Thu Mar 2 00:49:11 GMT 2006

TURN ON COMPUTER // TUNE IN TO FREED SPIRIT OF INTERNET // TAKE OVER!

  “You’re the best reporting journalist my friends and I ever saw
  - please persevere, and many blessings on you.” Brooks, Hawaii.

==== TODAY THE UP!S CIRCULATION PASSES 14,000 ===

\)))))(
____,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,____
6 months ago i stated that it was now reasonable & timely to accept that
iraq had been better off under saddam.  well, you could have argued the
point then, BUT SURELY NOBODY COULD DISAGREE NOW!

those who initiated or supported that disgraceful invasion have been party
to that country’s utter destruction.  and, except under one condition, i
Curse you for it.  the condition is that you put your Self on the
backburner, double your efforts to innerstand what is REALLY going on in
this world, and redouble your efforts to resist the Evil smartyboots
Ignorance which threatens us all.
UP!
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
u cant understand the world without innerstanding yourself
the up! 0028 // 02, 06
la- la- la- lap-toppling da system!
Friends And Fixtures, Farewell
u cant innerstand yourself without understanding the world
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)

.. contents...
p.02  Ex-Hippy To Spend Google's Millions
p.06  Friends and Fixtures Farewell another spirit-thrilling extract from
megatripolis at forever
p.09  Artist Michael Bowen Flees The American Dino, Discovers Civilisation
In Europe, And Escapes Big Pharm’s Narco-Dream
p.11  MILLION WESTERN SOLDIERS CONDEMNED TO SICKNESS & DEATH
p.14  The Flying Saucer’s Apprentice  PART THREE by David Robert Lewis
"I'm just a guy... Jesus was just a guy, too, of course."
UP!

Ex-Hippy To Spend Google's Millions
The Times February 23, 2006
LARRY BRILLIANT would never have been appointed head of Google’s charity
unit had a mischievous guru not thrown apples at the American as he was
meditating at an Indian ashram in the 1970s.

Dr Brilliant was picked yesterday to run Google.org’s charitable
foundation.  The 61-year-old former hippy was drawn to Google after he read
the company’s “Don’t be evil” motto in its float prospectus last year and
has spent the past 6 months in talks with the founders about how best to
use the foundation’s cash for charitable causes.

Sergei Brin and Larry Page, Google’s founders, chose the unconventional
doctor, who was once a personal physician to members of the Grateful Dead,
the psychedelic rock band, because they seek to do “good not evil” with
their new-found billions.

On paper, the trained physician and former leading light in the World
Health Organisation (WHO) is the perfect candidate.  He is a child of the
Sixties who travelled from Woodstock to India and back in search of
enlightenment and who ended up leading the campaign to eradicate smallpox
in the sub-continent.  At the same time he is a pioneer in California’s
Silicon Valley, where he has used the money he made to build a big,
successful Third World health charity.

Google.org is a jumble of well-meaning charitable funds and foundations
started almost on an ad hoc basis by the Google founders.  Dr Brilliant’s
mission is to bring them together and to define their “mission and
strategic goals”.

Dr Brilliant said: “I have great admiration for Google’s technical
contributions to society and believe that it can make an equally great
impression through philanthropy.”

The doctor lived a fairly conventional existence as a philosophy student,
but turned to medicine after he found out his father was dying of
cancer.  In 1970, aged 26, he also had cancer diagnosed.  He took time off
and became involved with the psychedelic movement.  After starring in the
film sequel to Woodstock, he was paid by Warner Brothers in Indian Airline
tickets and left America to seek enlightenment at an ashram.

However, his guru would not let him meditate in peace, throwing apples at
him every time he was spotted in the lotus position.
 >> he was trying too hard, see?  too ‘hardworking’.

The guru, Neem Karoli Baba, told him that instead he should help to save
India from a smallpox epidemic.  After years of persistence, he led a
100,000-strong team of WHO doctors that vaccinated the entire country.

More recently, Dr Brilliant founded The Well, a pioneering internet
community that helped to start the revolution that created companies such
as Yahoo!, Google and eBay.
UP!

\)))))(
____,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,____
there is not a single person on this planet who is a Holocaust Denier.  not
one, despite all the organised propaganda that has, at great expense, been
daily dripped into our minds.

many, and increasing daily, question the actual number killed but NOBODY
denies that a large number of jews were horribly killed.  whether it was
more (or worse) than the current Iraqi Holocaust or the African Holocaust
or the American Indian Holocaust is for history to decide and for free &
open debate to inform.  interestingly, the Ignorance involved in these
other examples has consistently under-estimated the numbers killed.

(believe me, since it’s maybe even the single biggest Holy Cow on the
planet today and obviously a suitable target for the UP!, i did a long
search on this subject.  but it turned out too long to publish here, and
too heated and confused to be worth the hassle involved in making it public
- by which i mean the organised jewish fanatics who take potshots at anyone
who raises their head above the parapet - ask ken livingstoned!  but i’ll
send it to anyone who would like to know some more FACTS on this whole issue.)

and there is one more issue, which you might wish to call Holocaust
Denial.  and that is whether there actually was a deliberate organised
campaign to specifically eradicate jews.  what about the gypsies, gays and
all the others, were they sort of accidentally swept up along with the
Overall Objective?  weren’t the jews mostly used as industrial slaves and
worked to death, i mean weren’t they more use to the efficient germans
alive?  you could, you see, argue whether the Slaves, Savages and
Insurgents were killed as a policy or not,  ask yourself what YOU think :)
UP!

Bush in India: Not Welcome
Arundhati Roy
On his triumphalist tour of India and Pakistan, where he hopes to wave
imperiously at people he considers potential subjects, President Bush has
an itinerary that's getting curiouser and curiouser.

Plan One for his March 2 pit stop in New Delhi was to have him address
parliament, but when a not inconsequential number of MPs threatened to
heckle him, it was hastily shelved.

Plan Two was for him to address the masses from the ramparts of the
magnificent Red Fort, where the Indian prime minister traditionally
delivers his Independence Day address.  But, surrounded as it is by the
predominantly Muslim population of Old Delhi, it was considered a security
nightmare.

So now we're into Plan Three: he speaks from Purana Qila, the Old Fort.

Ironic, no?  The only safe public space for a man who’s recently been so
enthusiastic about India's modernity is a crumbling medieval fort!

Since the Purana Qila also houses the Delhi zoo, his audience will be a few
hundred caged animals and an approved list of caged "eminent persons."
They're mostly rich folk who live in our poor country like captive animals,
incarcerated by their own wealth, locked and barred in their gilded cages,
protecting themselves from the threat of the vulgar and unruly multitudes
whom they’ve systematically dispossessed over the centuries.

Will the gorillas cheer him on, the gibbons curl their lips, the
brow-antlered deer sneer, the chimps make rude noises, the owls hoot, the
lions yawn and the giraffes bat their beautiful eyelashes?  Will the crocs
recognise a kindred soul?  Will the CEOs agree?
 >> u bet!

But worse is to come.  Bush will be taken to visit Gandhi's memorial in
Rajghat.  He's not the only war criminal the Indian government has invited
to lay flowers at Rajghat - recently we had the Burmese dictator General
Than Shwe, no shrinking violet himself.  But when Bush places flowers on
that famous slab of highly polished stone, millions of Indians will
wince.  It will be as though he’s poured a pint of blood on Gandhi’s memory.

We really would prefer that he didn't. George W. Bush, the President of the
United States of America, world nightmare incarnate, is just not welcome.
UP!

Big Decision To Make?  Sleep Onnit, or Have A Puff
New York Times Feb 21, 2006
Dutch psychologists found that people struggling to make complex decisions
did best when they were distracted and were unable to think consciously
about the choice.  The research not only backs up the common advice to
"sleep on it" when facing difficult choices, but it also suggests that the
unconscious brain can actively reason as well.
http://www.kurzweilai.net/email/newsRedirect.html?newsID=5323&m=5435
up!

Rats In A Maze Take A Moment To Remember, But In Reverse
When rats pause in running through a maze, they play back their memory of
points along their route, but in reverse order.  The discovery may provide
a deep insight into how memory works in humans.  The reverse replay
mechanism seems to be part of a neural editing process in which memories
are selected, combined and stored as a set of edited...
http://www.kurzweilai.net/email/newsRedirect.html?newsID=5299&m=5435
up!

How to Survive a Robot Uprising
In a new book by that name, roboticist Daniel H. Wilson offers humorous
advice on evading and outsmarting robots as a literary device to combat
dystopian robot scenarios while serving as a state-of-the-art robotics primer.
http://www.kurzweilai.net/email/newsRedirect.html?newsID=5298&m=5435
up!

Remember To Smell The Flowers As You Carry Your Load
A water bearer in China had two large pots, each hung on the ends of
a  pole which he carried across his neck.  One of the pots had a crack in
it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of
water.   At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the
cracked  pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only
one and a half pots of water to his house.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, for which it
was made.  But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection,
and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had
been  made to do.

One day, after two years of “bitter failure”, it spoke to the water bearer
by the stream.  "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side
causes water to leak out all the way  back to your house".

The bearer replied, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of
the path, but not on the other side?  That's because, knowing about your
flaw, I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while
we walk back, you water them.  For two years I ‘ve been able to pick these
beautiful flowers to decorate the table.  Without you being just the way
you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

We each have our own unique flaw.  But it's these flaws that make our lives
together so  interesting and rewarding!  You've just got to take each
person for what they are and find the good in them.

To all of my crackpot friends, have a great day, and thanks for all the
flowers!
[thanks to philthi mckeswick]
UP!
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
TEXT JOCKEY // TJ PHRASER (Fraser Clark) & THE MEDIA EVOLUTION
MIXING THE TRACTS LIVE ON THE KEYBOARD
@ A MEDIA-MEME RATE OF 160 IPP *
* Ideas Per Paragraph
TO SUBSCRIBE SOMEONE, WRITE I wanna get UP! TO fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
TO UNSUBSCRIBE, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX
  (\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)

         )))))((/
__,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,__    the caravanserai* club
* a hostelry with spacious courtyards where camel caravans put up.
Late April Late May - Sahara Desert + Atlas Mountains, Morocco.
(keep this handy in case u suddenly get that feeling: i gotta get outa here!)
when i stopped putting on public edutainments, i started taking little
trips abroad for my health, sanity, and natural curiosity. at first i went
alone, tho i tried to persuade a cuppla frens, but you know how frens can b!
then, 2 years ago, a buddy came with me to spain.  in malta that spring 3
people were with me.   in August in croatia there were 5!  and in Greece
last Spring there were 7 of us!  and of course people join us along the way.
with morocco this spring, because it’s so near and familiar, it looks like
there could be 10-20 people coming along!  imagine!

it’s a new kinda clubbing, travel clubbing, which i've called the
Caravanserai Club. it goes away once or twice a year, during off-peak.  i
announce a great city in a foreign country that's not too expensive to get
to, and anybody who wants to comes along, independently!
more details over next few weeks
YOU DO NOT NEED TO INFORM ANYONE THAT U R COMING, BUT, IF U LIKE, CONTACT
ME AT:
fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
UP!

Making Our Own Heaven
by Henry Makow Ph.D.
The world often seems like a stuffy public toilet without ventilation.

This is because Protagorus' dictum "Man Is The Measure Of All Things" is
the official religion.

Modern culture mostly consists of reflections of our degenerate selves, a
"wilderness of mirrors" as T.S. Eliot said.
 >> a guy who worked for a bank most of his life and read greek.

We inhale our own fumes.
The religion of man is "humanism "or "illuminism."

Plato tried to correct Protagorus.  "God and not man is the measure of all
things."

We didn't listen to Plato.
 >> correction:  most of humanity did and still do.  it’s the elite who didn’t.

God is now banished from public life.  When was the last time a Divine
Standard was applied to anything?  That would be like a breath of fresh air.
 >> i’d call it an Objective Standard.  and megatripolis{@forever is
exactly that breath of fresh air!

J. Edgar Hoover said, "The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face
with a "conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists."

The Illuminati, a Luciferian secret society, the highest echelon of
Freemasonry, controls the world.  (That's their logo on the US dollar with
the words "we did it!" in Latin.)

Lucifer represents man's rebellion against natural and moral laws i.e.
God's design.  The Luciferians are very rich.  They need to short circuit
God's plan in order to impose their "New World Order."

We are being inducted into a Luciferian cult via the mass media and
education.  It promotes our animal instincts because we are to be their
cattle and servants.

The Illuminati have declared war on God and the human race.  We are cannon
fodder, human sacrifice.

The human race has suffered more than enough duplicity and degradation to
justify revolt.  But we have been programmed by occult magicians to accept
our suffering as inevitable, necessary and even heroic.
http://savethemales.ca/

BUT GET YOUR TIMEDANCING SHOES ON!

Friends and Fixtures Farewell

AN EXTRACT FROM
megatripolis at forever
the out-of-your-head-breaking futurist e-novella
from club saviour Fraser Clark

THE STORY SO FAR
Nothing has yet happened, except that time has been running so long it must
have almost run out - or so most people thought at the time of the
following Primal Event.
The citizens of Megatripolis, the Future Perfect State, to which our
species finally evolved, spend much of their lives exploring their
historical roots (what else to do?)
By far the most popular tourist sites in their History are the 2/3 Cusp
Virtual Leap Era in the Over-Developed West area of the original planet
Earth, and Cleopatra's time in Egypt (mostly elderly ladies, though
everyone's been back there at least once).
However, the younger, hipper Megatripolitans have recently got caught up in
a new craze, that of re-living the previous time-dances of the early and
even pre-Megatripolitans.
The following, the single most visited life, is the very first such
journey, lived by Captain Pilgrim Buchanan, whose well-documented Time-
explorations, with other Knights Temporal, employing the Nectar Chip, later
played such a pivotal role in securing the original state of Megatripolis
in time, if still not yet in space.

NOTE: early time-trips were very approximate affairs, and many overlaps
with the YOUniversal Unconscious and beyonditall at singularity occurred which
no effort by GodThrong at Service.Org  can totally eliminate.

NOW READ  ON.

After Victor/Caleb-to-be beamed out his Honesty Path rap,  events began to
accelerate.  Though we’d now secured our position by altering an
insignificant detail in History [I’m now aware how non-insignificant our
tinkering had been!] the Concrete Boys were unquestionably getting closer
with every hour we hung around this time space.  Lady Anne had dreamed
they’d broken down her door the night before, and naturally we knights took
such dreams most seriously.

Of course we were worried for ourselves, but we were much more worried that
they would find Victor  too soon!  For this man’s mind was crucial - both
for the Future, and for our own search for a “Left Hand Path” to
Megatripolis.  The Concrete Boys must not trace him!

And we were preparing for our next Chip when a truly amazing ‘event’
occurred.  A Time-Shattering Event! An email, titled ‘GOD SOS’, appeared on
Victor’s screen!  He had created us!  Such was the conclusion we jumped
to.  He had created a future that included us!

 From the point of view of our own research, of course, our working
assumption had been proved correct!  Whether conscious of it or not, Victor
knew about the Future Perfect State!  Perhaps he was even one of those
early castaway Megatripolitans they speak of who got stranded in history.

Despite the Massive Risk of being spotted, instead of chipping out of then
we plugged our equipment in and initiated preparations for entering
Victor’s psychic space.  We absolutely could not let such a chance go by,
and could only pray that going into him might actually help us ‘disappear’.

Which is when the second, this time totally terrifying, Event occurred.  We
had double-spliced the primary cortex of Victor’s Imagination circuits,
using the limited supplies in our tool box, with the central channel
from/to YOUniversal at superconscious, and Morningstar was in the very act of
making a test run connection of this complex to the Higher Emotional Brain
(technically a fractal within his physical brain) when suddenly, with a
sound like the puncturing of membrane in the very fabric of space/Time, the
Concrete Boys were upon us!

Three of them, all in Male bodies.  One had chosen to look like Darth
Vader.  The second was a Viking chieftain.  And the third embodied this
grotesquely ugly, spiked blob such as Chad the Cynic might have
created.  They were amazingly fast too.  In the micronan it took us to
digitalise their virtual bodies, they’d stripped us of our actual personal
information.  Age, height, weight, hair and eye colour - they’d recorded
them already!  Sensors, indeed, were nibbling my chest measurements and
inserting themselves into my DNA when Prince Rupert cloaked me with a
hearty “All For One And Free for All!” before whirling round to project
pure streams of mystical invective in their direction:

“MEGATRIPOLIS FOREVER!  POWER TO THE ANCESTORS!  We’re all children of the
one Great Cell, right, and, when you drop all the competition, don’t you
just feeeel it?!  Love really IS the answer, man!  Myth embodies the
nearest approach to absolute truth that can be stated in words, you
actually know this.  The only..”

It was working!  While the Boyos hesitated, confused by being unable to
register anything “factual and quantitative” in the Prince’s stream of
consciousness, my wits were recovering.  My chest measurements returned to
privacy.  And my UC password!  My god, they’d even grabbed that!  Meanwhile
Morningstar was giving them her own kind of (subtler) blast:

“Come, my Sweet Brothers, let’s make love beneath these stars of infinite
space, we can do it if we try, why not? nobody will know! here we are, we
all really want to
 it’s in our natures, so why not? oh yeah, feel these
soft breasts
 and here
 Love, Love, Love IS the Answer...”

They were falling back in disorder!  They’d programmed and kitted
themselves for Battle and were getting Love; unprepared, threatened, they
oozed back behind the event horizon.  They’d learn a lesson, obviously, and
would return with a re-jigged attacktic while we, equally, would hang even
looser still, and surf each moment’s spontaneity to counteract it.  Neither
of us dared allow ourselves to contemplate whether Order or Chaos was the
fabric of Infinity.  But clearly Chaos is the Infinite, I see that
unambiguously when the Concrete is far behind me.

Talk about shocked, I’d been rooted to the spot like a rabbit in
headlights.  To have lost, even for a moment, my chest measurements to
Eternity’s guardians sent deep icy shivers up and down my chakras.

And yet, as so often in a Knight Temporal’s life, Fate’s acceleration
necessitated that this sink into me in delayed reaction form, only to be
allowed out under the bed clothes or in the privacy of the toilet.

FOR YET ANOTHER ‘SOMETHING’ HAD MANIFESTED THAT BROKE EVERY TENET OF OUR
OWN MIND SETS!

The Old Man is just an ordinary God!
In the Beginning, in the first crystallisation to drip from
beyonditall at singularity, when all the gods lay   stunned on clouds, the Old
Man had woken first.
Instantly grokking the situation, He then stirred each of the others to
welcome Him or Her to “My Place,” and explained that He’d chosen them to be
“My Arch Angels”. “You’ll be in charge of the winds,” “You’ll govern the
Oceans”  Sol was put in charge of Earth’s central heating and fecundity.
Lucy’s resistance group begin a campaign to stir up a rebellion.  The
Megatripolitans are the first to join because, though they’ve claimed back
the right to self perfection, the Old Man is refusing everyone their right
to Eternity.
[ends]
GET megatripolis at forever HERE...
http://www.oneworldnet.co.uk/ebooks/index3.php
up!

Digital Books Start A New Chapter
  BusinessWeek, Feb. 27, 2006
Lighter devices, better displays, and the iPod craze could make digital
books best-sellers!!!

Portable devices are becoming lighter and more appealing.  Books are being
scanned into digital form by the thousands.  The most important step
forward may be in "digital ink," the technology used for displaying letters
on a screen.

E Ink has created a method for arranging tiny black and white capsules into
words and images with an electronic charge.  Because no power is used
unless the reader changes the page, devices with the technology could go as
long as 20 books between battery charges.  The text also looks just as
sharp as ink on a printed page, since each capsule is the size and pigment
of a grain of laser-jet toner.
up!

Walter Cronkite: "With police wielding unprecedented powers to invade
privacy, tap phones and conduct searches seemingly at random, our civil
liberties are in a very precarious condition.
"Amid the clichés of the drug war, our country has lost sight of the
scientific facts.  Amid the frantic rhetoric of our leaders, we've become
blind to reality: The war on drugs, as it is currently fought, is too
expensive, and too inhumane.
"But nothing will change until someone has the courage to stand up and say
what so many politicians privately know: The war on drugs has failed."
http://www.drugpolicy.org
UP!

Artist Michael Bowen Flees The American Dino, Discovers Civilisation In Europe,
And Escapes Big Pharm’s Narco-Dream
I was born the last month of 1937.  Soon the usa corporate war freaks got
very rich on ww2, and it wasn’t long before the corporate boys created a
ghastly Wagnerian tangle of suffering that nobody ever needed anyway.

In 1940 I got a nasty touch of polio.  I lived in Beverly Hills, my
playmates were the sons of the war lovers.  During the polio years my life
was saved from the medical doctors’ ideas that I should live in an iron
lung and die.  My doctor father and my Vedanta practising grandmother
killed the polio virus by raising my temperature to a huge degree.  The
corporate doctors who were experimenting with putting people in horrible
iron lungs didn’t like what my father did.  Even though it saved my life.

By the time I could play again I had learned I had to start thinking on my
feet early in life.  I wanted to be an artist and nothing else.  Laying
flat on my back for 2 years with polio made my brain flow around in art
thought soup.  I grew up reading all the racist junk about the sneaky Japs
and the happy tap dancing Negroes.  Somehow none of it made sense.  The
black people were definitely not happy and the Japanese made incredible
art.  I found that in my father’s library.

Besides, my playmates Gary and Lindsey Crosby were miserable in their dad’s
mansion near ours.  Gary killed himself later on.  I had to escape from
Beverly Hills.  I had a plan.  Join the air force and be a normal
artist.  I thought that might be too nuts for them and they’d throw me
out.  I was 17, my mother was drunk every day because Uncle Benjie was
dead.  Assassinated at mom’s girl friend’s house, Virginia Hill, who lived
around the corner.

Mom signed the papers and I was in the air force.  I was too nutty for them
and they did kick me out.  I was then free of the Korean War draft and free
to be an artist.  I moved in with the now world famous Ed Kienholz the
assemblagist.  He taught me how to survive even when my back hurt.  I left
Beverly Hills for good.  Ed and I paid 7 dollars a month rent for a shack
in an L.A. alley.  I began to paint.

After a year I got tired of eating white bread and tomato soup raw from a
can and started living with John Carradine’s wife.  She bought me a new
Cadillac convertible.  She divorced the great actor who drank so much
scotch with barbiturates that he thought he was in Spain if the sun came
out.  We moved to romantic San Francisco.  On the way to San Francisco we
stopped to see my dad who was living in Uncle Benjie’s old house in Las
Vegas.  Dad sent me out to one of his friend’s casinos so he could have a
“talk” with my new bride.

We found a house in San Francisco.  One day Sonia told me she’d had sex
with my dad that night in Vegas to make the family closer.  She was also
pregnant; to this day we don’t know if my oldest son is my son or my
brother.  For some reason none of this seemed odd.  After all I was finally
in San Francisco.  There was something about San Francisco that always
enchanted me.  My mother had a boyfriend that I loved too.  He built the
Flamingo hotel, and casino in Vegas and really started the town.  I first
learned about San Francisco when uncle Benji, mom and I drove up the
California coast to the city to see some of uncle Benjie's buildings there.

Sonia and I and little Michael were happy in San Francisco but, eventually,
it was just me in the City.  I painted every day.  When the Beat generation
arrived I was already in it.  We decided to change the world by living the
bill of rights.  The corporate fascists didn’t like that, so they tried to
kill us and drive us away.  They lost and we won.  We changed the world.  I
loved painting and I worked hard at it.

My body started to hurt all the time.  I went to some doctors. they didn’t
do anything  except give me pills that made me work harder.  My body hurt
more.  Finally in the 70s and 80s people who had polio and lived started
getting it again in weird ways.  Doctors kept giving me more pills.  One,
without any tests, trades for my paintings.  In other words I gave him
paintings and he said I had this new disease that everybody who ever had
polio got.  He called it Post Polio Syndrome.  I gave him paintings he gave
me pills.  But these pills were different.  They made me feel great.  I
could work as much as I wanted and never hurt.  Later I found out the pills
were called oxycontin.  And it was just like morphine.  You took them and
you didn’t hurt so I took them and gave the dr more paintings.  The
doctor’s office was a corporate office.  Soon it had a lot of paintings.

I was showing at the Whitney museum. and museums all over the world.  If I
forgot to take the pills I would start to get sick, the dr said I needed to
take the pills or I would get sick.  So I kept taking the pills, and making
more paintings, and giving them to the corporate dr.  I didn’t hurt but I
was afraid of running out of the pills and really getting sick.  Once I
thought what a rotten thing to do to a Korean veteran.  I have to pay 15
hundred dollars every month for the pills or I would get sick.  I noticed
when a barrel of oil would go up in price so would the pills.  I asked a
pharmacist if the pills were made of oil.  He said no, but when oil goes up
so does everything else because of the corporations.  This seemed as crazy
as everything else in Beverly Hills.  Finally I couldn’t stand it
anymore.  Life became work for oxycontin.

My wife is Italian and our little boy is Italian, this meant we could live
in the E.U.  I felt safer for my family.  In America I couldn’t send my
little boy to school because the kids were on crazy pills sold by criminals
with guns.  He couldn’t learn in a place like that.  We sold everything we
had and moved to Europe.  But now I was addicted to legal narcotics!  The
dr said I could get the morphine like oxycontin in Europe.

We got on a plane and came to Europe, and in Europe I went to the dr.  The
dr said you are addicted to narcotics, I said yes, and showed him the paper
that said the American dr said he was treating me with narcotics for post
polio syndrome.

By this time something had broken in my back and I couldn’t walk
anymore.  The American dr had said when this started that it’s probably the
polio.  Probably?  It is or it isn’t.  The european doctors tested me. They
said you need an operation not pills.  I said ok.  Tests were made.  An
operation happened.

I have no more pain no matter how hard I work.  The Drs Here didn’t want
money to operate either.  Now I can walk, paint, send my little boy to
school.  These Drs are not corporate Drs and they are successfully getting
me off narcotics which I never needed, because I never had post polio
syndrome.  I was lied to, for 1500 dollars a month!  For a decade!

I think it’s bad to lie to a veteran.  Especially one from the Korean war
which killed lots of Koreans for corporations while thinking they were
making the world safe for democracy and the bill of rights which we Beat
artists lived not just read.
Michael Bowen.  2006.
up!

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."  Edward R. Murrow.
up!

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.  Do not
believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.  Do
not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your
religious books.  Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of
your teachers and elders.  Do not believe in traditions because they have
been handed down for many generations.  But after observation and analysis,
when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good
and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.  It is
fearlessness, and it is love.” Buddha.
 >> why does nobody do cartoons of the buddha?  izzit because he genuinely
rises above the merely personal?
UP!

“I do enjoy the UP!s, it's a great work you're doing...  a sort of
extension of the Encyclopaedia Psychedelica for the internet age... All
good wishes!”  Lokabandhu, UK.

A MILLION WESTERN SOLDIERS
CONDEMNED TO SICKNESS & DEATH
As Scandal Explodes
Why did the US Veterans Affairs Secretary, Anthony Principi, resign recently?

The Preventive Psychiatry Newsletter has written to its subscribers telling
them the real reason was he’d been involved in a massive cover-up of the
fact that Gulf War Syndrome was caused by the use of depleted uranium,
according to the SF Bay View.

In the article Arthur Bernklau, executive director of Veterans for
Constitutional Law, wrote that “thousands of our military have suffered and
died from depleted uranium which has finally been identified as the cause
of this sickness, eliminating the guessing.  The terrible truth is now
being revealed.”

He goes on to detail several alarming statistics.
The historical disability rate amongst soldiers last century was about 5%,
approaching 10% during Vietnam.
Due to the use of depleted uranium in the battlefield, however, 56% of the
580,400 solders who served in Gulf War 1 were on Permanent Medical
Disability by 2000.
11,000 Gulf War veterans are already dead.
Now 518,739 Gulf War Veterans, almost all of them, are currently on medical
disability.

Principi, under orders from the Bush Administration, had allegedly been
covering up the disastrous results of using depleted uranium since 2000.

With so many soldiers having serious health problems it has become
impossible to keep secret.
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=8018
 >> Just read your preview of this piece. All American cities are filling
up with ex soldiers living on the street and eating out of the trash,
anyone can see it.
michael bowen.
up!

Don’t Care About Bluddy Soldiers And Iraqis Dying?
Well, How About Depleted Uranium Contaminating Europe?!
Dr. Katsuma Yagasaki, a Japanese physicist at the University of the Ryukyus
in Okinawa, has estimated that the atomicity equivalent of at least 400,000
Nagasaki bombs has been released into the global atmosphere since 1991,
from the use of depleted uranium munitions.

And Who’s Been Using Them?  Iran?  North Korea?  Iraq?

It is completely mixed into the planet’s atmosphere in one year.  The "smog
of war" from Gulf War I was found in glaciers and ice sheets globally a
year later.
http://tinyurl.com/qxkoq]
 >> let’s be as fair as today’s insanity allows, let’s say we have to give
up either depleted uranium munitions OR stop building nuclear sites, fair
enuff? :(
up!

"Did the use of Uranium weapons in Gulf War II result in contamination of
Europe?  Evidence from the measurements of the Atomic Weapons Establishment
(AWE), Aldermaston, Berkshire, UK, raises this question" reported the
Sunday Times Online (February 19, 2006) in a shocking scientific study
authored by British scientists Dr. Chris Busby and Saoirse Morgan.

The highest levels of depleted uranium ever measured in the atmosphere in
Britain, were transported on air currents from the Middle East and Central
Asia; of special significance were those from the Tora Bora bombing in
Afghanistan in 2001, and the "Shock & Awe" bombing during Gulf War II in
Iraq in 2003.

After the "Shock and Awe" campaign in Iraq in 2003, very fine particles of
depleted uranium were captured with larger sand and dust particles in
filters in Britain.

These particles traveled in 7-9 days from Iraqi battlefields as far as 2400
miles away.

The radiation measured in the atmosphere quadrupled within a few weeks of
the 2003 campaign, and at one of the 5 monitoring locations, the levels
twice required an official alert to the British Environment Agency.

In addition to depleted uranium data gathered in previous studies on Kosovo
and Bosnia by Dr. Busby, the Aldermaston air monitoring data provided a
continuous record of depleted uranium levels in Britain from the other
recent wars.

EXTENSIVE VIDEO NEWS FOOTAGE OF THE 2003 IRAQ WAR, INCLUDING FALLUJAH IN
2004, PROVIDED IRREFUTABLE DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE THAT THE US HAS UNETHICALLY
AND ILLEGALLY USED DEPLETED URANIUM MUNITIONS ON CITIES AND OTHER CIVILIAN
POPULATIONS.

These military actions are in direct violation of not only the
international conventions, but also violate US military law because the US
is a signatory to The Hague and Geneva Conventions and the 1925 Geneva Gas
Protocol.

DEPLETED URANIUM WEAPONRY MEETS THE DEFINITION OF A WEAPON OF MASS
DESTRUCTION (WMD) IN 2 OUT OF 3 CATEGORIES UNDER US CODE TITLE 50, CHAPTER
40 SEC. 2302.
up!

Dead Man Wanki- eh Walking
RUSSIA WARNS U.S. AGAINST STRIKING IRAN
Gen. Yuri Baluyevsky, the chief of Russia's general staff, warned the
United States against attacking Iran.  "A military scenario can't be ruled
out," he was quoted as saying by Russian news agencies."

IRAN: ''US THREATS OF MILITARY ACTION ARE BUT EXPRESSIONS OF ITS DESPERATION.''

The Iranians defend themselves with this: "The US, the Zionist usurper
entity, and their band of bullies would do well to kick their habit of
threats of military action, especially as the rulers in Washington are well
briefed on just what they might face in Iran should they get carried away
with their megalomania," concluded the editorial.  IRNA
http://tinyurl.com/d3v5b
UP!
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o
  the UP! is a global edutainment round-up, broadcast weekly to =[13,799]=
Alternative// Activist// Zippy// Trance// New Age// Peace folks
recommended to the Parallel YOUniversity// Megatripolis Dance Dept as
  "showing signs of life".  Since recipients forward it widely to their own
lists & sites,
we conservatively estimate 50,000+ direct recipients.
A further 40,000 read it on the YOUniversity's site.
And, because of its 'mix' of 'specialist' & 'general' content,
it's increasingly being posted on a variety of sites worldwide,
making an estimated total weekly readership of =[275,000]=
(\o/)(\o/)\(o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o

“I need my fix of UP!s polychromatic anti-news!”. James Elias, Amsterdam.

THE ZIPPIES //FEEDBACK

On the Zippie definition, I recall in the early 90s an alt. newsgroup of
that name, and the dream-like description of one 'sitting beneath a tree
using a laptop'!
Zen Inspired Professional Pagan
editor, birminghamrecords.
up!
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o
  the UP! is a global edutainment round-up, broadcast weekly to =[14,002]=
Alternative// Activist// Zippy// Trance// New Age// Peace folks
recommended to the Parallel YOUniversity// Megatripolis Dance Dept as
  "showing signs of life".
Since recipients forward it widely to their own lists & sites,
we conservatively estimate 50,000+ direct recipients.
A further 40,000 read it on the YOUniversity's site.
And, because of its 'mix' of 'specialist' & 'general' content,
it's increasingly being posted on a variety of sites worldwide,
making an estimated total weekly readership of =[275,000]=
(\o/)(\o/)\(o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o

The Flying Saucer’s Apprentice
PART THREE

"I'm just a guy... Jesus was just a guy, too, of course."
by David Robert Lewis
What am I doing here?  I was always asking myself that as the Zippy
phenomenon continued to, well, continue.  Looking at it from the next year,
2004, the problem is not too difficult to sort out.

While Fraser was being touted by the press as some kind of cult-figure
surrounded by a horde of acolytes, on the one hand, the reality was
completely different -- there were no 'true-believers" only variations of
what can only be described as a rag-tag army of techno-hippies and
cyber-anarchists -- the reinforcements he’d been looking for since the
Sixties.

Though people like Earth Girl and Michael John seem to pop-up in story
after story about the Zippies, it’s probably because they were already
well-known, and Americans to boot.  Very little is ever said about the
actual tribe that accompanied Clark from London, and this criticism is not
a new one.  In fact, in a piece posted on the web shortly after the tour
fell-apart, an anonymous author makes the startling point: "Take the very
question of who these people are: How were they educated? What parts of
Britain are they from? What do they do for a living? Who are their parents?"

And comments: "This was barely touched upon for those who were the nucleus
of this movement, and not at all for the late-comers, who form, by
Marshalls estimates, about half of the 200,000 zippies."

I'm not trying to include myself, here, but Americans like to honk their
own horn, and it is probably safe to say that the closer you were to the
nucleus surrounding Clark, the least likely you were to actually get heard
- since the man was quite capable of telling everybody to shut-up while
having a conversation about topical profundities like "we don't want to be
all commercial or have stars" .  The thought police and people like John
Bagby were only too happy to oblige in following orders.

We return from yet another fashionable appearance at the Marconi Convention
Centre, go up to the apartment where one of Clark's goons, from the bad
side of London clubland, asks me if I'm gay.  His name is Ronnie, and he's
shooting a movie about the tour, and "do you get it in the backside, you
know, like in the arse?"

"Can't say I do....do you?” I want to reply, but instead I play dumb, not
wishing to appear so ultimately stupid, but then what am I actually doing
here, making history with a capital H, with a bunch of gay-bashers in San
Francisco of all places?  According to Ronnie, the Zippies are having
trouble with a bunch of club queens (in particular one promoter) and they
need a couple of extra zippies, you know, like for support.

The totally anonymous monkey creature inside of me still wants to shout
out: Sure I'm a Zippy supporter, what club soccer do you watch?  Zippies
FNL, Zippies Guinness Cup or the Zippies United Local?

Except, where I'm from, this kind of cultural bickering is taken
seriously.  Politicians often feel the need to feel popular by rigging the
polls, bussing in supporters who have no idea what they’re supporting, and
press ganging people with little else to do, except go along for the
ride.  I ask myself the question -- am I just one of the crowd -- the mob
-- the passing parade whose presence has no effect on the outcome of events?

I have no answers.  The reality is that I've spent the last ten years
thinking a particular event was possibly significant, when in fact the
truth is, it was as insignificant and impossible to believe as King Kong on
rollerblades, or as futile as owning one of those quaint do-hickeys for
someone else's brand new Beetle (1960s reissue) -- you know it does
something probably useful, you know it’s probably vital to the workings of
the man and his car engine - but what!?  If it falls out and the car still
goes, you do nothing, tell nobody, and go about your business blissfully
unaware, and for all they know, internal combustion could be the result of
a wormhole in spacetime.

Your Messiah will arrive later than expected.
 >> it was certainly about internal combustion :)

THERE were always elements of the messianic about Clark's mission.  Part of
his charm and allure was in recasting the Yuppie as a Hippie holding a
computer, with an innocent vision of dancing outdoors in Mother Nature
amidst a bigger dose of Millennium Fever than most.  Indeed, there’s
nothing wrong with being characterised as some kind of holy man hauling a
laptop while riding on a donkey, even if this makes you look like the Jesus
Christ of rave culture as Time or Newsweek would have it.  Or Christopher
Columbus as I still maintain.  It’s another thing entirely to actually tout
yourself as G-d, or to claim to embody the spiritual physicality of a
Christ, without stopping to consider that there could well be a pantheon of
gods out there that include Buddha and even the Zoroastrian embodiment of
the great god Mazda?

We arrived one night at Kat Mckenna's houseboat in Sausalito somewhere, and
we are instantly thronged by worshippers who insist that I’m Krishna and
Fraser is like God.  They all circle us like pixies at a fairy wedding, and
dance and sing a song too horrible to imagine.  I think it has something to
do with Fraser's birthday, but I’m too stoned to remember anything more
than that.

It would be a while until the infamous "Smells Like Zippy Spirit -- The
Stillbirth Of A Supertribe" piece in OUTside Magazine , the outdoors
Rolling Stone, was published, along with the Fraser quote "I'm just a
guy... Jesus was just a guy, too, of course."  I could never figure out
exactly why Hampton Sides wanted to pronounce the Zippies Dead on Arrival,
but then you have to figure in the exploitation angle.  The fact that none
of us were getting paid, and as the "new supertribe" multiplied, so did the
number of promoters eyeing his bank account.
 >> i wasn’t claiming i was jesus, i was saying jesus was just a guy, like
moi.  who, incidentally, predicted that many would come after him who would
go further.

Being so close to a superego like Clark’s can be dangerous.  It’s one thing
to stand next to a Mandela or a Tutu, and to get a whiff of actual
greatness, but being situated next to Clark, at any time of the day, was
like being absorbed by an unstable supernova, his ability to make even the
smallest detail seem completely trivial and significant, and to literally
mesmerise your mind with his bard-like, rhyming verse - the man, as so many
critics like to tell us, had the real gift of the gab, and was indeed some
kind of leprechaun spouting poetry and persuading you that things were, far
from being stillborn and over, just starting!
 >> and now with the zippy meme sweeping india china and japan, hmm.

When the "Here come the Zippies" story was breaking on the West Coast of
America during 1994, Bill Griffith, the creator of a cartoon character
named "Zippy" expressed his concern that people like myself were simply
"cashing-in".  Even though I couldn’t afford to wash my socks, we were
"cashing-in", perhaps on Zippy himself?

"I've always longed to be a Mascot" says Zippy the Pinhead in the comic
strip - "Yippie, its Zippie", about a "bunch of weirdoes who guzzle mashed
enzymes and get communal and stuff."  "Good!" says Zippy's
ultra-rationalist partner Griffy, "Fantabulous!  Now I'll get this out on
th' Internet and we can start licensing - I see "Zippie" screensavers,
"Zippie" flavoured teas!  Zippie" clam dippies!!  You'll be huge!!."

While it seemed, to an ultra-rationalist, that Clark was making money off
the odd appearance, cadging a dollar here and there, and generally getting
around by conning his way through the masses of hysterical new age
wannabes, all of whom wanted to be in on the action, he was far from being
a Sai Baba or Maharaji.   In fact being Jesus Christ was not all that
desirable, since one of the side-effects of being cast as an impoverished
beggar on a donkey was that the Apple powerbook was always out of date or
on loan, a simple prop.  It was more like a marketing opportunity that
failed to alert brand managers or the faithful to some potential high-tech
shenanigans that could conceivably have enriched those whose lives depended
upon making money.

Clark raised the issue of his status as "guru" one night.

"I'm reading 'On the Guru Trail', what do you think?” he asked

"Dunno." I said.  “We haven't eaten for days."

Aside from the enormous marketing opportunities which failed to
materialise, and the claim to a demographic that could be measured in the
hundreds of thousands, and which still today measures something in the
absurd region of a 300 million plus audience on the Asian Subcontinent
(according to Outlook India), there were also the associations with
technology companies that were exploitative, the media which exploited us,
and the expectations that if we were not already being exploited, or
exploiting those teen spirits, then who the hell were we to even ask for
money?

Picture a scene in a boho cafe off Haight St, Clark surrounded by hordes of
teens who all want a piece of zippy nippy, and the promoters of this zippy
spirit who all want a piece of teen.  Either way, I'm stuffed.  Whether I
like it or not, I still end up being some kind of purveyor of jail-bait at
the end of a hook threaded by sharky school-moms who only want Fraser for
dinner.

Cut to the Moscone Centre technofair, innocent me, accosted by adult
technotourists, and still I go down in the history books as , "a new
species of gibbon" to use Hampton Sides' phrase.  Yet another appearance at
the same venue, packed to capacity with San Francisco's youth.  Fraser
laughs and shows me the Zippy the Pinhead cartoon.  I am introduced to an
overfed, leering man in a suit as "a zippy," and still I can't even get a
drink.  Eventually I manage a glass of mineral water - apparently zippies
live exclusively on rare minerals mined at the bottom of the ocean.  They
don't eat meat or drink wine like you or I.

The crazy thing in this image is I imagine my beatific facto-facto
girlfriend there too.  I imagine her, fending off the teenagers, the both
of us escaping from this weird scientific laboratory from the
‘50s.  Dissected.  Redirected.  Injected.  All because of the west coast
fantasy industry.  The need by the media to possess your soul and to
literally own a piece of the new energy without actually paying for it -
the new media, the new techno resource -- and all because of Clark's
original sin - the neat switch that created Zippy as the supposed antidote
to the Yuppie and the result into Jesus Christ with a laptop computer on a
donkey.  Ashes and sackcloth beating a bible of "RavElations” on your forehead.
 >> the name of my book on the rave scene, the Book of RavElations.

Son - you can be a technopagan and still work in an office if you want
to.  Girl -- you can be at an office party and still live in the
wilderness.  We can all liberate our desktops from the dance floor.  We can
all club ourselves conscious, at least if there's still something conscious
left to club for.
(continued and ended in next UP!)

a l l g o o d t h i n g s c o m e t o a n e n d
which don't justify nuttin'
U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U UP P P P P P P P P P PP P P P P P P
P P P P P P P P
YOUR PLANET NEEDS //YOU!This HipList grows purely by recommendation.
SO RECOMMEND SOMEONE 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!
TO DEBATE ANYTHING in the UP!, visit the GroupMind Debating Board on
WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM
YES, YES, SEND US EDUTAINING NEWSN VIEWS no need to ask! :-)
FOR MORE FRASER ON RAVE CULTURE & THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, VISIT
WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM/fraser
TO UNSUBSCRIBE, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX
U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U UP P P P P P P P P P U U U U U
U U U U U U U U