[pagan-magik] 259// The Great Hemp Diet Experiment// 02 08 07

fraser at parallel-youniversity.com fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Thu Aug 2 05:13:20 BST 2007

*TURN ON** COMPUTER // TUNE IN TO FUNLEASHED SPIRIT OF INTERNET // TAKE
OVER!*
**
**

You are indeed a man of great substance!
Michael Leyton, Swansea.
UP!

"If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"
Michael Butler.
http://www.michaelbutler.com/blog/mbutler/
UP!   Athena   Barbata   Cunina   Jackie Juno's A-Z of Goddesses, lost
in patriarchal mist, dissed, disrespected, dishonoured and dismissed.
Reclaim our heritage - both women and men - Honour the sacred feminine -
Her time has come again.

*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
*Get UP!  /Stand Up For Your Rights! /**/(and everybody else's too of
course! :)/*
*/u can't understand the world without innerstanding yourself/*
*UP! **259  02  08  07*
/---- LA- LA- LA- LAP-TOPPLING DA SYSTEM! ----/
*/u cant innerstand yourself without understanding the world/*
*  Get UP!  /And Don't Give Up The Fight! /**/(only we don't mean
violence, ok? :)/*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
FEATURING /exclusive re-writes & re-mixes of da freshest deepest hacks
ancient & modern ,and/
/SAMPLES// from media & mentalities all over, & all bubbling //up!
//from da public DNA Herself!/
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)((\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*

Hey - bloody brilliant UP! edition
 - especially the Glastonbury expose!
gonna turn some more of my friends on 2 u!!!
love,
 jackie, devon, uk
UP!   Gaia   Hora   Inanna   Jackie Juno's A-Z of Goddesses, lost in
patriarchal mist, dissed, disrespected, dishonoured and dismissed.

*UP!s BADDEST T-SHIRT OF THE WEEK
*skunk smokers
and e-heads don't
binge drink
(from me myself:)
[send in examples pls :-]
UP!

*_contents_***
/[just click down screens to get there.  u r on screen 2 :]/
//
screen 04  '88 -- the untold story of a revolution' - what's become of
those early ravers!//
//screen 06  EMERGENCY UP! FEEDBACK -  when the chips are down is when
genuine, ordinary people realise that politicians are at best parasites
who pretend to run everything.
screen 09  How Empires End - Patrick Buchanan kisses Amerika goodbye..
**screen 13  *Hippy* ,*The Last Stand Happening **PART TWO** *- by
Fraser Clark*.** ***
screen 18  Rainbow Gathering Colourful But NOT As Expected
screen 23  THE GREAT HEMP DIET EXPERIMENT!
- 10% OFF for UP! readers and their friends!
screen 26 Glastonbury Festival Boycott? FEEDBACK
UP!

*\)**)**)**)**)**(**/** *
***___,,,,**_{**ô**¿**ô**}_,,,,__fraser_*
tony blair and the death of irony
ever since i described blair as even killing Irony by being appointed
(by george bush) as peace envoy in the middle east i've b****een racking
my brain for that device beyond irony that one could still use when
reporting such, frankly, schizophrenic stuff.  eventually i remembered
that style of grey, grim humour the russians used to be famous for
during the rule of the gigantically incompetent communist party.  i
asked a latvian friend of mine to give me a couple of their jokes to see
if they could be applied to the 'peace' that tony blair is ever likely
to engender.  here's one of them:

The KGB, the GIGN <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIGN> and the CIA
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA> are all trying to prove that they are
the best at catching criminals. The Secretary General of the UN decides
to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them
has to catch it. The CIA goes in. They buy and place animal informants
throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses.
After 3 months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits do
not exist. The GIGN goes in. After 2 weeks with no leads they burn the

forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and make no
apologies: the rabbit had it coming. The KGB goes in. They come out two
hours later with a badly beaten bear. The bear is yelling: "Okay! Okay!
I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!"

that felt right somehow.  but how to apply it exactly to the blair
project?  if just hit me tonight, weeks having passed.  the beyond-irony
blair peace project joke goes like this:  tony blair makes such a mess
by his evangelical one-sidedness in the 'peace' negotiations that all
sides storm out and general war explodes in which all sides fire off
every weapon in their armoury.  all but a few thousand israelis and NO
arabs survive.  over a broken speaker, through the smoke and stench of
death, we hear tony blair's voice:  "Peace.  At last.  I knew I could do
it."
UP!

'88 -- the untold story of a revolution'
this is a chapter from Kate Magic's book in progress which is the first
to explore and celebrate the amazing personal and planetary changes
which occurred in tens of thousands of thatcher's children in the
mystic, spiritual, underground strand of the '90s Rave Scene.  and their
increasingly overground effect on today's world.  another of her books
"ecstatic beings -- 144,000 ways to live in eternal ecstatic bliss"  is
out on 11.11.
www.myspace.com/katemagic
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.myspace.com/katemagic>

Namalee said to me, "You're the first to ask me some challenging
questions."  And it just seems to me, no-one's given it much thought
before.  Why, because it's beyond thought.  No-one's tried to put it
into words, why, because it's beyond words.  And our culture is
deliberately constructed to keep us stuck in thought, hard to get to
that place beyond thought.  Which is why the rave scene was so popular
in the first place, because we are kept out of balance, and what acid
house offered us brought back that balance we so desperately craved.
And yes, we took it to extremes and many people went off the rails
because society is so extremely out of balance in the other direction.
But many people also used their experiences and insights to create a new
world based on what they had learnt.  Fraser said to me, "There's
rebels, there's revolutionaries, and there's evolutionaries.  The rebels
know they're only going to do it for a couple of years, and they mouth
all the right things.  And there's revolutionaries, they go for a
violent change.  And then there's evolutionaries, they realise it's a
permanent change that's needed and they commit to working their whole
lives at it, it becomes a lifelong choice."  And I realised that the
rave scene birthed a whole generation of evolutionaries.  I look around
me now and I see them everywhere.  We are literally creating a new
world.  Summertime in the UK has become one long festival mess and there
are now tens of thousands of people who spend their whole summer living
in the new vibration.  Where it's not what you're achieving that counts,
but what you're experiencing.

The more I thought about it, the more it became clearer and clearer that
it's simply two energies, two vibrations, that we can choose to resonate
with.  One is stuck in history, stuck in the limited perspective of
humanity.  This way of looking at the world values material possessions
as the ultimate aim of life, and measures success by what you have to
show for your efforts.  The other energy is far simpler, far easier to
sustain, far more fun and far more fulfilling.  It only seems harder to
us because it's a long way away from where we are, because of the effort
involved in changing our perspective on life, and because of all the
upheavals that ensue from disconnecting from the existing system.  But
the simple fact remains that the love vibration, that values green
living and knows life's pleasures are to be found in the journey of the
heart and in the vivid internal life of the unfettered mind, has a very
strong pull.  So no matter how the authorities try to brainwash us, this
life keeps tugging at our sleeve.

What's happening now is that more and more people are contributing to
the new world.  They have had their eyes opened, their minds awakened,
and are joining the swelling number of those who work in health foods,
organic clothing, green furnishings, self-development, healing, dance,
fashion, music -- there are limitless ways to do this, but the point is
YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE SYSTEM.  The system is fundamentally flawed.  We
have to create new systems, new pathways, new ways of living -- which
initially seems overwhelming, but when you are working with the
universe, when you are working with spirit, then you are supported.
Doors open, insights arrive, energy flows, one step at a time, beat by
beat.  When you keep awareness of your focus, your intention to keep
life as simple as possible, to do only that which is of benefit to the
bigger picture, the greater cause, so much suddenly becomes unnecessary
and falls away.  When you understand human existence isn't meant to be
struggle and suffering, and try to keep it as easy as possible in order
to explore the magic of life, this whole new universe steps forward and
opens up its doors to you.

It's so necessary not to fight what is wrong, but simply to be aware of
it and create something different, something right.  So many people are
doing that now, young people are coming into a world with a very
different future ahead of them.  The possibilities for them to live the
life of their dreams are so much more open to them.  The pressure on
them to conform and become a part of the rat race is so much less.  The
pull of the new world is very strong, and the old ways are so decrepit
that it's obvious to anyone with any sense that they're not worth
engaging with.  Young people are being born into the new vibration, and
what happened in '88 and the ensuing years was a major catalyst into
bringing that vibration into people's lives.

Where I live in Brighton, I can walk around town and be completely
immersed in the new world.  Brighton is one of the most progressive
spots on the planet, but there are places like this dotted all over.
The music playing out of every shop; the selection on offer --
hi-fashion rubbing shoulders with wholefood stores nestling between
record shops next to crystal emporiums, piercing studios, treatment
rooms, sex shops, and yoga classes.  What this all has in common is a
desire to ignore straight society, give up trying to compete in a world
that doesn't make sense, a world where you can never win.  It's about
not trying to win, but to lose, lose ourselves in the ecstasy of tantric
living.  It's all about finding your bliss -- be that through dancing in
a dirty club, yoga in a sweaty studio, or S&M in a B&B.
UP!   Demeter   Epona   Flora   Jackie Juno's A-Z of Goddesses, lost in
patriarchal mist, dissed, disrespected, dishonoured and dismissed.

*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
**T**E**X**T **J**O**C**K**E**Y //**TJ PHRASER (**Fraser Clark**) & THE
**MEDIA EVOLUTION
**MIXING THE **TRACTS** LIVE ON THE **KEYBOARD
**@ A MEDIA-MEME RATE OF **160 IPP * * **Ideas Per Paragraph
**_TO SUBSCRIBE SOMEONE_**, WRITE I wanna get UP! TO
**fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
**TO UNSUBSCRIBE**, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX
**(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*

* *

EMERGENCY UP! FEEDBACK
Fraser!
The Emergency UP! was an excellent piece, didn't know you had it in you!
Just one bit jarred tho:

>  Nobody saw them coming.  But that appears to be the way of a changing
climate.
>  The floods of 2007 were a surprise as well, and if Dr Lovelock is
right, there'll be more of them too.

Having spent the last 3 decades aware of what was happening and trying
to spread the word, I dispute nobody saw it coming, I know I did.
> > yes, absolutely.  every hippy knew some of the shit that was
inevitably going to fall on us, that's for sure.

And perhaps it's because I'm not immersed in the scientific search for
answers, but I never went for the dry, hot summers bit either -  too
much like good news to soften the blow.  The whole point about 'extreme
weather events' is that they are NOT part of a gradual trend, do NOT fit
neat, cosy patterns and seasons, and are unexpectedly and increasingly
severe.  Hail storms in July are just as (un)likely as drought in
winter.  I have not been in the least surprised by this, in fact I've
been forecasting it for years.

We've been seeing flash flooding in many countries for years, Bangladesh
is currently under water, again, Zimbabwe a few years ago was under
several metres of water with people clinging to trees, but when it
happens to the UK then we think it's sudden and important.  It isn't,
it's all part of a trend.  The same trend that is seeing southern Europe
burning as we flood, Australia in the eighth year of drought, parts of
the US with massive forest fires like Europe, China too with huge floods
and hundreds already killed, parts of India experiencing massively
bigger monsoon rains.  When you disturb an immense weather system like
the Earth's as we have disturbed it, the effects are also immense, long
lasting and in many cases catastrophic.

And, the main point I've been hammering on about for ages is that food
ultimately depends on stable weather patterns, and these are now in the
past.  We have, in this one event, lost almost half our annual food
crop.  Think about it, how many events of equal magnitude will it take
to cause world starvation?  This year, because we're rich, we can buy in
food from poor countries, probably causing hunger there while our food
prices rise, but the grain crops in America are also way down and Europe
too is experiencing reduced yields, so for how much longer can we import
what we need?

What has become abundantly clear throughout the current floods is the
sheer inadequacy of government to comprehend what's happening.  Brown
was so slow to catch on that it was practically all over before he got
his brain into gear.  His Scots crony appointee to head the Environment
Agency is similarly stupid, she barely understands anything, and is
still whining that 'nobody could have foreseen it' and 'this is an event
which only happens once every three generations', all excuses for not
even getting flood barriers in place in areas known to be liable to
flood.  It's like the whole of government was in a Mogadon sleep, and
has been a long time a'waking.  Now all they can do is find excuses why
they have been so slow.  Tony Benn's idiot son Hillary, who is only in
his job because he was born into the UK political caste, is inadequate
to the task, but won't be sacked as no one else is competent enough to
see it.

As ever, we are poorly served by the politicians who, rather than seeing
themselves as public servants, appear to think they are superior to us.
All they can do is praise the emergency services as if it was their
doing, and imply that to criticise the political idiots is to minimise
the work these ordinary people have done, largely on their own
initiative.  This situation is ultimately empowering for people; rather
than waiting for 'the authorities' to come and make it better, people
have just set to to do what's needed, and a spirit of coping, helping
each other and a determination to get by and not be depressed by it has
been engendered which some in the media are likening to the Blitz, the
last time everyone pulled together in this way.

When the chips are down is when genuine, ordinary people shine, become
empowered and realise that politicians are at best parasites who pretend
to run everything and are thus vital to society, but who are really
surplus to requirements and could be dispensed with and made to get
proper jobs more suited to their talents.  In the case of some of them,
this isn't easy as their talents are not immediately obvious.
Pete, Herefordshire, UK.
UP!   Jumala   Kubaba   Levana   An A-Z of Goddesses, lost in
patriarchal mist, dissed, disrespected, dishonoured and dismissed.

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for all your newsletters!
Why don't you mention the BIG GREEN GATHERING down in Somerset, Aug
1-5... it seems to have maintained the grassroots and philosophy that
GLASTO may be losing.  In contrast, the Big Green Gathering offers
concessions, etc. and is quite affordable, with a real emphasis on
alternative lifestyle/culture and green living, etc.
> > only reason i don't mention them is that i assume they've sold all
their tickets.

Anyway, keep it coming and rock on!  Loved the WHIRLYGIG stuff and all
their links too ...XO
Eugenie (Lovolution Org.), Liverpool.
[Tickets online at the link below, or phone ticket hotline on 01458
830281. They're running coaches from several of cities, so why not help
reduce the festival's carbon foot-print?]
http://shop.big-green-gathering.com
UP!

How Empires End
by Patrick J. Buchanan
In 1095, responding to Pope Urban II's call, the Christian knights of
the First Crusade set out for the Holy Land.   In 1099, Jerusalem was
captured.  As their port in Palestine, the Crusaders settled on Acre on
the Mediterranean.  There they built the great castle (yes, the one that
was overrun by Saladin but retaken by Richard the Lion-Heart in 1191)
and made Acre the capital of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the stronghold
of the Crusader state, which finally fell in a bloody siege in 1291,
with the Christians left behind massacred.

The ruins of Acre are now a tourist attraction.

On reading of the massive U.S. embassy rising in Baghdad, anyone who's
visited Acre, the last outpost of Christendom in the Holy Land, cannot
miss the connection.

At a cost of $600 million, with walls able to withstand mortar and
rocket fire and space to accommodate 1,000 Americans, this mammoth
embassy, the largest on earth, will squat on the banks of the Tigris
inside the Green Zone.

A decade hence, will the U.S. ambassador be occupying it?  Or will it be
like the ruins of Acre?

A Lost Cause
What raises the question is a sense that the US, this time, is about to
truly write off Iraq as a lost cause.

The Republican lines on Capitol Hill are crumbling.  Starting with
Richard Lugar, one GOP senator after another has urged a drawdown of
U.S. forces and a diplomatic solution to the war.

But this is non-credible.  How can U.S. diplomats win at a conference
table what 150,000 U.S. troops could not secure on the battlefield?!

    * Henry Kissinger, an advocate of this unnecessary war
      > > it's a little more than that, mr buchanan.
    * is not necessarily wrong when he warns of "geopolitical calamity."

    * Nor is Ryan Crocker, U.S. envoy in Iraq, necessarily wrong when he
      says a U.S. withdrawal might end the America war, but it will be
      the start of bloodier wars in Iraq and across the region.

    * Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari also warns of the perils of
      a rapid withdrawal: "The dangers vary from civil war, to dividing
      the country, to regional wars ... the danger is huge."

    * In urging a redeployment of U.S. forces out of Iraq and a new
      focus on diplomacy, Lugar listed 4 strategic goals.

   1. Prevent creation of a safe haven for terrorists.
   2. Prevent sectarian war from spilling out into the broader Middle East.
   3. Prevent Iran's domination of the region.
   4. Limit the loss of U.S. credibility through the region and world as
      a result of a failed mission in Iraq.

But how does shrinking the U.S. military power and presence in Iraq
advance any of these goals?

Longtime critics of the war say it is already lost, and fighting on will
only further bleed the country and make the ultimate price even higher.
They may be right in saying it's time the US cut its losses.  But we
should take a hard look at what those losses may be.

The Probable Losses
It's a near certainty the U.S.-backed government will fall and those
left behind will suffer the fate of the US's Vietnamese and Cambodian
friends in 1975.  As U.S. combat brigades move out, contractors, aid
workers and diplomats left behind will be more vulnerable to
assassination and kidnapping.  There could be a stampede for the exit
and a Saigon Ending in the Green Zone.

The civil and sectarian war will surely escalate, with Iran aiding its
Shia allies and Sunni nations aiding the Sunnis.

A breakup of the country seems certain.

Al-Qaida will be able to claim it has run the U.S. superpower out of
Iraq and take the lessons it has learned to Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the
Gulf states.

The Turks, with an army already on the border, will go in to secure
their interests in guaranteeing there is no independent Kurdistan.  What
will America do then?

As for the US, the argument over who is responsible for the worst
strategic debacle in American history will be poisonous.

And, with a U.S. defeat in Iraq, U.S. prestige would plummet across the
region.  Who will rely on a U.S. commitment for its security?  Like the
British and French before, America will be heading home from the Middle
East.
> > which the UP! has advocated these past few years and is all that
osama has ever demanded.

What we are about to witness is how empires end.
UP!   Medea   Nomia   Orthia   An A-Z of Goddesses, lost in patriarchal
mist, dissed, disrespected, dishonoured and dismissed.

Fraser, your mag rocks!! and then some!
Michael Layton, Swansea.
UP!

Please remove me from your mailing list.
karas at disorientation.org
> > done.  were u getting too orientated, chris?
UP!

*****Hippy**
The Last Stand Happening*

*an _ambient address_ by *Fraser Clark*.**
 *

*PART TWO*

As The Average Person Today
Would Have Been Called A Hippy In The '60s,
Hippy Culture Must Be Becoming Dominant,
And Just In Time, Thank Goddess!

/Since the 2^nd World War, the Gene Pool has been led astray by a series
of wrong-headed ideas about Society, the Economy, and the Purpose of
Life in general, and they have watched every one of them falter, fail
and fall.  Communism.  Consumerism.  Social Engineering.  Monetarism.
Materialism.  The Market.  Thatcherism.  New Labour.   And now, as the
Karmic  Shadow of all these mistakes rears its head in final paroxysm,
it is dawning on everyone that the Hippy View, the Hipster Vision, is
The Last Socio-Ecological Lifestyle Left Standing./

*According to a recent YouGov poll in the UK, /"we are all hippies
now."/  Maxi dresses flooding out of Topshop, the instant sell-out of
Glastonbury tickets, the now established Gap (Hippy) Year, the
increasing cultural influence of Burning Man, all are just external
signs that the values of peace, love, greenery, independence of mind and
sexual freedom are no longer alternative but mainstream. *

*The poll, published in /Readers Digest/, found that
*

    * *75% now agree with sex before marriage*
    * *82% want to save the planet*
    * ***48% believe in questioning authority*
    * **AND ALMOST 50% OF THE UK CABINET HAVE SMOKED CANNABIS!!!!!*
      *

*Further, most people now agree with the Hippies that there are _too
many rules in society_ and a similar percentage _enjoy walking around
barefoot_.*

*Nearly half of Britons say they agree with the slogan /Make Love Not
War/ and 35% think there is /never/ any excuse for war.  /"Love & Peace
indeed"/!*

*47% /"would consider"/ trying to emulate the hippies who were
**_green_** long before their time.  One more and deeper flood should
push that figure over 50%!  Many Hippies, indeed, tried to live a life
of _self-sufficiency_, growing their own organic food, generating energy
and building and experimenting with alternative types of homes, like
tipis and yurts.*

*When comparing one era with another, there will always be remnant
fractals in the mix, some pointing /further/ forward, others pointing
back as lines of waning resistance to that change.  The most obvious
example of greater and lesser fractals of the Hippies in today's Raver
is the Rock Star System.  Today's DJs carry encultured clouds of glory
from the princely pomp & patronage of the Rock'n Roll era, yes, but
there is a world of difference.  Even after more than a decade of Rave
music no truly Mega Stars have appeared who are guaranteed to last for
the rest of our lives like Elvis, the Beatles or the Stones.  Thanks to
the Hippy Evolution, everything has become much more egalitarian.  Just
ask yourself why 1984 was averted, and the historical reason becomes clear.*

*The Rock Bizness itself, of course, was a leftover fractal of the '50s
post war era that Hippy tried to shrug onto the Fossil Shelf, and which
Rave and the Web finally did.  Though today our overground media
invariably confuse "The Sixties" (that very greed and consumerist ethic
that went on to cause our Present Eco-Disaster) the Hippies, in reality,
were a reaction /against/ that development.
*

**

Into The Desolation of Spirit Came
A Great Hurricane Of Fresh Air*
*
*The era which the Hippies overthrew was stale, stultified, guilty,
sinful, hypocritical, and rigidly hierarchical.  **People felt trapped
by social convention.  Women in particular had very little power over
their lives.  The Hippy insight was that /everyone/ had the right and
even duty to be themselves, to **_Be Here Now_**, and not to be forced
into a persona that had been ordained by others -- real freedom of
expression, in other words.  90% of the Gene Pool would take this for
granted today, but back when Hippy appeared it was utterly
revolutionary.  And I use that word very specifically.  It threatened a
whole status quo and the elite behind and above that.*

*As a recent Timesonline writer put it: **/"The hippies' rejection of
1950s values was a great hurricane of fresh air blowing into a stale
room whose windows had been painted shut for decades./**"**  I would say
for several thousand years, but I'll say it in Part 3.*

*The Matrix, of course, has ever since spun this crucial breakthrough
/(healthy pleasure!)/ into the main misunderstanding which I encounter
as regards the Hippies.  That they were hedonists pure and simple - that
the Hippy Movement was all about Sex, Drugs and Rock'n Roll.  Yes, they
were important elements, but also included were Peace, and Love, and
Nature.*

*/"The immense tragedy for Europeans, and most acutely for the northern
Protestants among them, was that the same social forces that disposed
them to depression also swept away a traditional cure.  They could
congratulate themselves for brilliant achievements in the areas of
science, exploration and industry, and even convince themselves that
they had not, like Faust, had to sell their souls to the devil in
exchange for these accomplishments.  But with the suppression of
festivities that accompanied modern European "progress", they had done
something perhaps far more damaging: they had completed the demonisation
of Dionysius begun by Christians centuries ago, and thereby rejected one
of the most ancient sources of help - the mind-preserving, life-saving
techniques of ecstasy."  /**Barbara Ehrenreich/ in 'Dancing in the
Streets: A History of Collective Joy'./*

*To dismiss it all as 'mere' pleasure, moreover, is to overlook the
/massive/ resistance the Hippy Revolution encountered.  From the high
psychedelicised vision of Hippy, almost everyone around was a
fundamentalist who had /never/ questioned their christian conditioning.
All males wore dark jackets in that era, with white shirts and dark ties
de rigeur.  Look at the movies of the time!  I tell you, in 1965, if you
spotted a flash of colour from someone across the street you would cross
the road to welcome a sister or a brother!  It was that rare!  Yoga
classes in the church hall were NOT perceived as stress reduction
techniques but as a sacrilege, /"voodoo," "paganism."/  Indeed it's
already almost impossible today to empathise the stark terror & hatred
that the 'straights' included in that word "_pagan_."  It was a fractal
virtually hardwired into the cultural subconscious from the Dark Ages of
witch burnings!*

*This sense of deep dark ignorance and barely contained violence from
the straights meant it took courage to /"let your street flag fly,"/
believe me.*

*Hollywood** produced a movie called "Joe" which, for obvious reasons, I
never went to see.  It followed the search of an 'ordinary' redneck
whose daughter had eloped to a hippy commune.  The camera lovingly ran
over the enormous cache of sexily gleaming macho weapons he took with
him - guns, bazookas, grenades, knives, and all sorts of shiny, hi-tec
looking explosives.  The last 20 minutes is a beautifully shot tie-died
blood-splattered slow motion sequence of the type which '60s directors
developed of gun shots, eruptions of splattered human flesh as Joe blew
his way through room after room of peace loving "hedonists" and their
children, animals, and dolls.  I forget what the sounds were, probably
some rock'n roll number interspersed with screams.  You didn't /dream/
of paying to put such horror into your psychic space, but you could
/never/ quite /forget/ that those short-haired guys looking at you might
very well have watched it.  *

*Sound like hedonism?  The finale of /Easyrider/ shows the same thing.*

*And besides, Hippy's favourite drugs/allies were the psychedelics,
which, far from being regarded as /"fun," /were something you built up
to, prepared for.  They were shamanic explorations of the future (I
would say) whose outcome was largely out of your control.  Personally, I
tripped out of a sense of /duty/ more than anything else.  _Duty to Face
Up To The Truth_.  In no sense was it FUN (except occasionally when your
trip was going particularly well).*

*Or the gloriously Eden-like rebirth you felt the following morning when
it had all worn off, leaving just this utterly natural feeling of having
been cleansed of all historical and ego-impurities, ready to face the
world with renewed peace, love and vigour.*
UP!   Pandia   Qadesh   Rhea   An A-Z of Goddesses, lost in patriarchal
mist, dissed, disrespected, dishonoured and dismissed.

obituary
Peter Stafford De-Animates
Peter Stafford (1939-2007) author of  Psychedelics Encyclopedia, and LSD
in Action has departed Santa Cruz, California, and this world.  He died
of an accidental fall from a ladder, and is survived by his son Sasha.

Peter described himself (accurately) as a Psychedelic Investigator.  He
took LSD while a student at Reed College in the early '60s, and became
the archetypal Hippy.  He moved to New York in 1964 and began hanging
out in the East Village, editing the first rock publication, Crawdaddy.
It was there he wrote LSD The Problem-Solving Psychedelic.  It first
came out in 1965  in England where it became a best seller due to the
fact that the psychedelic movement was all the rage on Carnaby Street
that year.  His co-author was Bonnie Golightly, a writer of pulp fiction
who was portrayed as Hollie Golightly in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Living in California, I had visited Santa Cruz, a wonderful town filled
with trees and beaches many times.  Since LSD The Problem-Solving
Psychedelic had served as a guidebook for my first psychedelic
experiences, I began regularly traveling to work with Peter on various
writing projects, including Peter's third book, Psychedelics
Encyclopedia, now often referred to as "the bible of psychedelics."
Certainly it remains to this day the best source of information on a
variety of the psychedelic compounds.
http://psyber.blogspot.com/search/label/Psychedelic Investigator PI
<http://psyber.blogspot.com/search/label/Psychedelic%20Investigator%20PI>
Bruce Eisner.

Peter Staffford was an amazing man, the most un-paranoid person I 've
every met besides Tim!  Both Tim & Peter were also super friendly as
they Wandered About!
michael shields.
<http://psyber.blogspot.com/search/label/Psychedelic%20Investigator%20PI>UP!

Rainbow Gathering Colourful But NOT As Expected
Charleston Express
Expectations of trouble and drama ran high as the colourful Rainbow
Family clan gathered last week in the Ozark National Forest in the woods
north east of Franklin County last week.  Rumors, too.

It's been a tough job separating facts from rumors about the "Rainbow
Family" gathering, said National Forest Service Information Officer and
"rumor control" specialist, Scott Roberts.  He added that, despite the
Rainbow Family of Living Light's new-age name and its claim as the
"largest non-organisation of non-members in the world," the group defies
most stereotypes.

"It's been very surprising to see the cultural diversity of people
attending the week long event.  We've had doctors, lawyers, engineers,
environ- mentalists and mainstream religious groups, as well as
metaphysical new-agers, hippies and gypsies".  Most seemed peaceful and
respectful of the land.  Many greeted each other and outsiders equally
with warm smiles and peace signs, said a photographer from Hartman.

On the morning of July 4, most participants kept a silent prayer vigil
until noon.  The photographer said it was "really spooky" being
surrounded by thousands of seemingly unorganised people without hearing
any talking.
> > that's worth reading again.  'seemingly unorganised'.

Despite rumors to the contrary, 'dumpster diving' and shoplifting have
not been big problems, he said , having made a tour of local businesses
and communities impacted by the event.  One area shopkeeper said she was
happy to have the extra business, while others saw no impact.  The only
major complaints Roberts heard was the over-use of bathroom facilities
and that some Rainbow family members seemed to need a hot, soapy shower.
> > which, of course, could have been supplied by local tax payers.

One food rumor, that Rainbows had eaten produce before it was purchased
at a Harvest Food Store, "happened only once.".  One man ate a peach.

A manager from WalMart in Clarksville, said there was "not a bit of
problem" from the influx of Rainbow goers.  At the Clarksville bus
station and Shell gas station, the manager said although hundreds of
people from as far away as England and Germany landed at the bus stop en
route to the event, he had not encountered any problems.

"Judging from everything we heard about the Rainbow Gathering, we
expected our jail to be full," said County Sheriff, Jimmy Dorney.
Instead, "everything has been very calm and less than 10 arrests have
been made, mostly for loitering or panhandling.".

Another rumor, that some Rainbows had attempted to camp near the
Mulberry River but were kicked out, is untrue.

With 6,000 people gathered in a 70-acre area of the Ozark National
Forest for up to a week or more, accidents and incidents were bound to
occur.

There were some medical emergencies, said Roberts.  The most severe
health problem was one confirmed case of infectious meningitis, said
Larry Morse, Administrator of Johnson Regional Medical Center.  Morse
estimated 3 or 4 patients were seen in emergency every day, some
suffering from snake bites and falls, said Morse.

One woman suffered from a serious allergic reaction to poison ivy, and
many people, not used to the local insects, were bothered by tick and
chigger bites, said Roberts.  No drug over-doses were reported, although
this may have been managed internally, as the Rainbow group had their
own medical facility at the site, the Center for Alternative Living
Medicine.

To handle unlawful behavior, a temporary remote court was set up at the
Forest Service Work Center in Deer.  As of July 7, 370 violation notices
and 89 arrests were made.  Violations included public nudity, drug and
alcohol violations, disorderly conduct, interference with law
enforcement officers, outstanding warrants, and many traffic and vehicle
violations.  US Magistrate Judge Marchewski heard approximately 65 cases
and issued 39 warrants for failure to appear.

Some rumors are proving true, however.  These mainly impact the land.

Parking was a problem of nightmare proportions, said Roberts.  Thousands
of cars, from beat up hippy busses to luxury vehicles bearing license
plates from all over the US, were jammed into ditches along the narrow 3
mile service road to the main encampment or parked along AR Hwy 21.
Many vehicles became mired in the mud from heavy rains and had to be
towed out, scarring the road sides with their struggles.  Some vehicles
will probably be abandoned.

Most sanitation facilities were primitive latrines and ditches.  Heavy
rains probably washed some waste products and other refuse into the
river, said Roberts.  The impact on the aquatic eco-system of the
near-pristine Buffalo River may be compromised.  Land based wildlife
whose homes were disturbed by the gathering will also be affected, he said.

One televised rumor, that the group did up to one million dollars in
environmental damage to the forestland may be overstated.  According to
Roberts, the NIMT team has a budget of $750,000, not including personnel
cost to rehabilitate the site.  He said the team's budget is more than
he expected, judging from the damage he saw.

Getting rid of the garbage and rehabilitating the site will still be a
major undertaking, although Rainbow organisers promised to provide a
clean-up crew to lessen the gathering's environmental impact.

Roberts said along with garbage and deserted vehicles, a few of the many
dogs at the gathering will probably be abandoned at the site.  However,
as a few hundred members are still camped there, it may take weeks to
get an accurate count.

"This is public land paid for by tax dollars, so the land is open to
anyone.  We tried to respect the Rainbows' right to do that," said
Roberts.  The Rainbows seemed to show respect for the land, too, he
added.  Some deer camps have suffered far more eco-damage than what he
saw at the Rainbow gathering, Roberts concluded.
http://www.charlestonexpress.com/articles/2007/07/11/news/news01.txt
UP!   Shapash   Thea   Urvasi   Virginia   Whaitiri   An A-Z of
Goddesses, lost in patriarchal mist, dissed, disrespected, dishonoured
and dismissed.

*****
*

Scientists Hack Voting Machines to Prove Tech Weaknesses
"Computer scientists from California universities have hacked into 3
electronic voting systems used in California and elsewhere in the US and
found several ways in which vote totals could be altered, according to
reports released yesterday by the state," reports Christopher Drew in
the New York Times.
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/072807Y.shtml
UP!
*)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o*
***the** **UP!** is a global edutainment round-up, broadcast weekly to
**=[13,035]=*
***Alternative// Activist// Zippy// Trance// New Age// Peace folks*
***recommended to the **Parallel YOUniversity**// Megatripolis Dance
Dept **as*
* **/"showing signs of life"./**  **Since recipients forward it widely
to their own lists & sites*
*we conservatively estimate **_50,000+ _**direct recipients.*
*A further 40,000 read it on the YOUniversity's site.*
*And, because of its 'mix' of 'specialist' & 'general' content,*
*   it's increasingly being posted on a variety of sites worldwide,*
*making an estimated total weekly readership of **_=[275,000]=_*
***)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o

*
THE WARP SPECIAL  OFFER* FOR UP! READERS*
* *
Ken Campbell*'s Legendary* *1979* *ICA production of THE WORLD'S LONGEST
PLAY
  - *THE WARP*  by *neil oram* is NOW AVAILABLE on SIX 3 HOUR DVDs.*/*
*/**
/*STARRING: */*Russell Denton,  Jim Broadbent,* *Bill Nighy, **Maria
Moustaka, Stephan Williams*, *Pat Donovan & THE WARP BAND.*
**
*But now YOU can get the full 18 hour boxed set
direct from Neil Oram for £25 OFF!!*
/**/
/*(£50 incl P&P*//* instead of £75!)*/
*
'The true, mind-awakening tale of one man's battle with the
robot-eyesing, de-human-eyesing anti-freedom forces'
*
Cheque or cash to neil oram, IV63 6XH, UK.*
*

Political Ponerology: A Science on the Nature of Evil
Adjusted for Political Purposes* *by Andrew M. Lobaczewsk
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/202-6427200-3483064?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books-uk&field-author=Andrew%20M.%20Lobaczewski>

   (paperback)
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/202-6427200-3483064?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books-uk&field-author=Andrew%20M.%20Lobaczewski>
REVIEW by Ken KLS.
"This Laura Knight Jadczyk work is right on the money: unless we
understand the phenomenon of psychopathic behaviour, and how psychopaths
recognise each other, rise to positions of "power" (in the negative
sense) and band together in such groups as: secret services, the
military, ugly corporations and political manipulators -- then, well, we
are at a distinct disadvantage.  Don't you think?  We need to spread the
word quickly about Andrew Lobaczewski's work.  Check it out and hope you
can help."  Craig Pruess.

No one in my experience has quite explained the nature of true Evil in
the way Lobaczewski does in this book.  The information in this book is
what I would call "high density" since the maximum amount of information
is conveyed with a minimum amount of words.  The information precisely
conveys the essential roots of the problem that humanity faces today.

Lobaczewski speaks of Evil in macrosocial terms, relating it to the
world of politics and not from its ambiguous theological perspective.
He bases his study of Evil in psycho-dynamical terms focusing on the
behavioral dynamics of the psychopaths and what motivates them.
Lobaczewski studies the nature of Evil clinically, as it should be studied.

When I saw the horrid state of the world in the terms Lobaczewski
describes everything fell in place for me.  Now I know I'm not crazy.
My reading of the book explained A LOT to me, and not only confirms my
own observations as to why the world is the way it is, but it has helped
focus my perceptions and understanding into a much greater clarity.
It's no small wonder the manuscript of this book has been suppressed.
Once reading it you begin to see the naked emperor.

These psychopaths who have taken over our governments feed on our fear
while feeding us false solutions to our domestic and foreign problems.
They give us governments which at this stage of their "game" are nothing
more then Fascist regimes and nothing more then criminal governments in
disguise.

In this book I've learned that most, if not all governments of the
world, have been taken over by a pathological infection from just a
small group of psychopaths who understand the psychology of normal
people to a very high degree, and have corrupted these governmental
structures to the very core.  These psychopaths have silently, but with
mind boggling persistence and stealth, moved in, taken over, and
hollowed out the very soul of humanity using lies and deception as their
weapons of choice.  This inhuman race of pathological deviants, who do
not have the capacity to feel conscience or the pain of another, now
literally rule the world.

One psychopath can terrorise an entire town, even an entire city.  The
majority of normal people are now ruled by a minority of psychopaths and
they have basically made our governments criminal networks.  Criminal
governments.  Those working for these governments are now working for
what basically is a criminal enterprise and they don't see it because
they are in it and profit by it, yet it is these people who are
determining our future and the future of our children.

Mankind is becoming a willing slave to the pathocratic structures
created by the inhuman obsessive greed of this small percentage of
humanity that cannot feel conscience.  This book is a MUST READ.  Only
by knowing what we are dealing with can we do anything about it without
going in circles.  We are dealing with an intelligent predator that
feeds on the soul of humanity.

There are only a very few who are now speaking of psychopathy and
(macrosocial) Evil in the way Lobaczewski speaks of it, since it has
been suppressed for so long, but knowledge of the behavior of these
deviants, these snakes in suits, is essential so we can recognise this
"predator within our midst" and then do something about it with any real
and lasting results.
UP!

THE GREAT HEMP DIET EXPERIMENT!
== Parallel YOUniversity has secured a 10% discount for ALL
participating readers ==
Since, in many respects, our idea of democracy has reduced us to
'consumers', the only hope we really have is to consume our way off the
path of mass extinction and onto the green grass of paradise.

Only problem is: we need to do considerably more than 'consuming' energy
efficient light bulbs and jute shopping bags.

We need to start 'consuming' (let's say 'enjoy') a plant which is still
largely illegal - despite its relationship with man for over 10
millennia, and the fact that it was one of the first crops domesticated
by humanity for it's extremely useful fibre, seeds, oil and medicine.
In debtor countries subject to the draconian rules set by the World
Bank, IMF and the US Federal Government, cultivation of this plant is so
tightly controlled it might as well be illegal.  But this plant, in
actual fact, is NOT illegal according to all relevant international law.

So the one thing we can do as 'enjoyers' is to buy it, and /_increase
demand to such a point that government and industry once again recognise
what is left of our democracy and the peoples' desire to reclaim it_/.
Just look at the booming global market for organic food.

Okay.  So here's what you bring about by your 'enjoyment':

    * a unique food source that contains a naturally occurring balance
      of the 3 main essential fatty acids (Omega 3, 6 & 9) in perfect
      proportion for human dietary requirements.
    * a complete and easily digestible protein, unlike that found in soya.

Essential fatty acids are called essential because they are, well,
essential.  The human body, amazing as it is, cannot synthesise these
important nutrients.  So they /_must _/come from the food we eat.

The Experiment
1.  Start on a diet that includes cold-pressed hemp oil, used in tasty
salad dressings or simply on its own.  It tastes good - better than
olive oil and infinitely better than fish oil!!!  You can also buy whole
and/or de-hulled seed from _yorkshirehemp.co.uk_ How you use it is UP!
to your imagination.  If you get stuck for inspiration visit
theshamanskitchen.com
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.theshamanskitchen.com> for
tips!

2.  Keep a diary for 6 weeks.  Not anything too detailed.  Just mark
down how you're feeling, maybe using a scale 1-5
It takes any dietary supplement time to start working with your body so
it is _IMPORTANT_ that you eat some hemp oil and/or seed everyday /and/
give the experiment in drug free feel-good at least 6 weeks before
getting back on the sugar, MSG and transfats.

As a result of eating this food on a regular basis you will feel
healthier than you have ever felt - radiant skin, hair and nails will be
visible to all on the outside.  Inside you will feel whole.  Your
hormonal balance - the thing that controls /_mood_/ and _/emotion/_ -
will become balanced.  You /will /notice the difference, no matter how
healthy or stable you think you are :)

Here's the altruistic part . . .
> There is no waste from this plant.  While the food described above
> comes from the seed, the leaves make great animal food and the stems
> can be used for making products ranging from /paper/ and /building
> composites/ to /biofuel /and /biodegradable/recyclable plastics/.
>
> This food source could provide the ultimate nutrition required in
> countries across the globe whose children are currently suffering from
> malnutrition and at the same time secure a renewable resource that
> would help preserve our remaining tropical rain forests.
>
> But we need to take the first step, NOW!  And this starts from within
> - with your own health, your own wellbeing and indeed that of your
> friends, family, and community.
>
> We can eat our way back to the Garden!
>
> And to help you do so Hemp Garden UK Ltd is offering every UP! reader
> (and all your friends, lovers and enemies) 10% off any purchases made
> through their solar powered website!
>
> 1. www.hempgarden.co.uk
> <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.hempgarden.co.uk>
>
> 2. click on 'Natural Cold Pressed Hemp Seed Oil'
> 3. click 'Buy'
> 4. enter the following voucher code 21207AF06
> 5. click the 'recalculate' button to apply your 10% discount,
> regardless of order size.
> 6. you can use this code as many times as you like between NOW and
> December 2007!!
>
> Enjoy!!
> UP!   Xenia   Yaparamma   Zaramama   Jackie Juno's A-Z of Goddesses,
> lost in patriarchal mist, dissed, disrespected, dishonoured and
> dismissed. Reclaim our heritage - both women and men - Honour the
> sacred feminine - Her time has come again.

Glastonbury Festival Boycott? FEEDBACK

I would prefer to see an event the size of Glastonbury to be
1) a celebration of what's brilliant and challenging about being alive together on this planet
2) an encouragement by example to live more off-grid in many ways, because the engines cannae take it cap'n.

Or have I got excessively high hopes for what's otherwise an enormous village fair?

"Without a vision, the people perish" ... festivals too, probably.

peace & happiness,

matt, wales
up!

As for Eavis's reported 'so low tech' comment on the Green Field, he's clearly learned nothing from his association with hippies over the years, the man is a dickhead, he'll end up with sponsorship from General Motors, Sellafield, Rio Tinto Zinc, Rhone Poulenc and the MoD, with sparkling high-tech death machines spread over the land - sign up for the modern British Army here boys and girls, get your Sellafield necklaces that glow in the dark, jump aboard for the thrill of a lifetime as the British Army display team stage 'War in Iraq' in the theatre field... sneer at global warming wimps as the Royal Navy landing craft manoevres show how sea level rise can be exciting and profitable, march with the new fascist army up to what used to be the green field for a ritual destruction of a Teepee village, thrill as the hippies are slashed and burned like the native American tribes of old, buy your GM Burgers and ersatz chips made from sawdust with

 special Worthy flavouring in the Eavis Cafe, wipe your arse on non-recycled paper and cheer David Bellamy and Noel Edmonds as they deny global warming and attack wind farms.

Oh what fun, the brave new high-tech future beckons, let the children play...
pete, herefordshire, uk.
up!

On the issue of taking on michael eavis, and would it be a good idea for you to do it, i think you would have to be VERY CLEAR ON THE WHOLE ISSUE.  And MAKE IT VERY CLEAR what your INTENTION IS.  Are you just coming from being a TRUTH PEDDLAR on the platform of principles?  Or a flower power historian?

*Unfortunately, from the flower power history-line, the BIG STAGE
BABYLON NOISE SCENARIO was there from THE BEGINNING.  Right from the
start the IDEA was for the GRATEFUL DEAD to be the MAIN ATTRACTION.
This was one of the main ways andrew kerr sold the idea of the first
festival to michael.  The hippy input came in on that OUT-look.  It
wasn't like a pow-wow had begun at Pilton, and then when it got really
cookin' babylon fenced it in.  It was unbelievably CORRUPT FROM THE
BEGINNING.

Another problem you have, fraser, is you WEREN'T THERE IN THE
BEGINNING.  By the time you started going it was already a mafia
counting house.  The whole story I've told to no one... maybe one day*.
A.Nonny Mouse, UK.
UP!

Hi Fraser,
Thank you for your newsletter.  The hippies were right & I'm proud to
say that I was a hippy in Los Angeles back in the 1960s!  Now I'm an old
hippy, I suppose, and we're still right!
Could you tell your readers about my latest positive thinking manual for
the post-9/11 world, Dreaming Peace: Your Thoughts Can Change the
World.  It's posted for free at
www.Surrealist.org
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.surrealist.org>.
Nori, California.
UP!

Harry Potter No Blotter
"Harry Potter is seen as a brand of quality and that's why people are
putting it on ecstasy tablets." Paul Dillon, Drug and Alcohol Research
and Training Australia spokesman, commenting on local police discovering
2,300 Harry Potter pills. (Brisbane Times, Australia)
[Skrufff.com]
UP!
*all g o o d t h i n g s c o m e t o a n e n d*

*which don't justify nuttin'*

*U U U U U U U U U U U U UP! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
**YOUR PLANET NEEDS //YOU! This **HipList** grows purely by recommendation.
**SO RECOMMEND SOMEONE 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!
**YES, YES, SEND US EDUTAINING NEWS'N VIEWS no need to ask! :-)
FOR MORE FRASER ON RAVE CULTURE & THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, VISIT
_WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM/fraser_
**TO UNSUBSCRIBE**, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX
 **U U U U U U U U U U U U** **UP! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !