[pagan-magik] UP! 262// The "Crash of 2007" - better believe it// 26 08 07

fraser at parallel-youniversity.com fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Sun Aug 26 21:57:35 BST 2007

*TURN ON** COMPUTER // TUNE IN TO FUNLEASHED SPIRIT OF INTERNET // TAKE
OVER!
*
[DESIGNED, AND BEST READ, AS A FULL PAGE SPREAD]

The UP! just gets better & better;
it makes me feel really good to be part of this
wonderful little slice of virtual reality that you've built UP!

It's like sitting in a friendly-freak coffee house
and talking with anyone and everyone about profound things
but never forgetting a sense of humour, especially a sense of the ridiculous.
That's what I see though, ridiculous mindsets in the official reality,
the human condition in free-fall towards destruction and no one knows what to do about it.
Paul. Norwich.
>> except it's the "official reality" that's in freefall,
which will leave us the people standing tall :)
UP!

*
**SEPT 14-16    *Powderham Castle, Devon, UK.

**
**
**The WaveForm Festival
* The WaveForm Festival*
**A 72 hour audio-visual & even metaphysical Trippe amidst the
ancient oaks and ponds of the castle grounds on the banks of the River Exe!
**
FROM THE FOLKS WHO GAVE YOU THE SUNRISE FESTIVAL :)
**

Featuring 5 Dance Music Stages  count em!
eat static, system 7, subsource, mancini, Peaking Goddess Collective,
Adham Shaikh,  Slack Baba, Gaudi & too many to list!
and a Green Village including
Eartheart Cabaret Stage <http://www.newagenet.co.uk/wf/eartheart.htm>,
Healing Area, Solar Cinema, Kids Space
<http://www.newagenet.co.uk/wf/gv.htm>
<http://www.newagenet.co.uk/wf/eartheart.htm>
Festival Weather Forum/ Workshop Space, Saunas and Showers.

ID Spiral // Tribe of Frog // Archangel Breaks // Future Underground
Nation // Fusion // Interchill // Liquid Records

All powered on 100% Sustainable energy, with a site-wide Organic Food
Policy Family Friendly, Luxury Camping Available

* ***The First UK Outdoor EarthDance Event! **Earthdance is an annual
international charity project where thousands of people dance together
in more than 50 different countries at hundreds of synchronised events
on 15th September. WaveForm Project is the UK's first outdoor
Earthdance!  And hopes to raise a few quid for chosen Charity Ecoshelter.

*********==========================================================================================================================================================*
**
**We are pleased to announce a very special ticket deal for
Parallel-YOUniversity subscribers and UP! readers only on a first come
first served basis, but only until 31st August.   Simply **click here
<http://www.onlinestall.com/cgi-bin/stall2.pl?act=ip&id=1144&h=Y> **to
buy tickets for just £52 (plus booking fee).  >From September 1 the
price will be £65 plus booking fee!.
*===========================================================================================================================================================*

For further info: **0845 - 009 6347 *and:*
****
*www.waveformproject.co.uk
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.waveformproject.co.uk>
www.myspace.com/waveformproject
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.myspace.com/waveformproject>
www.bebo.com/waveformdancer
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.bebo.com/waveformdancer>
*UP!
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*

*Get UP!  /Stand Up For Your Rights! /**/(and everybody else's too of
course! :)/*
*/u can't understand the world without innerstanding yourself/*
*UP! **262 26  08  07*
/---- LA- LA- LA- LAP-TOPPLING DA SYSTEM! ----/
*/u cant innerstand yourself without understanding the world/*
*  Get UP!  /And Don't Give Up The Fight! /**/(only we don't mean
violence, ok? :)/*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
FEATURING /exclusive re-writes & re-mixes of da freshest deepest hacks
ancient & modern ,and/
/SAMPLES// from media & mentalities all over, & all bubbling //up!
//from da public DNA Herself!/
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)((\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)

*

"Your government is the byproduct of the vibration of the masses.
A war is the byproduct of the vibration of the masses.
In other words, this is not a war your government has waged against your
will.
This is a war that has grown vibrationally from the vibration of the
masses."
UP!

*UP!s BADDEST T-SHIRT OF THE WEEK*
Hello Fraser! Thanks for the years of newsletters you have sent me!  Had
something for the Baddest T-shirt:

Clitoris is NOT
a Greek Island!
elayne
(nobody write in Lesbos ok?)
UP!

*_contents_***
/[just click down screens to get there.  u r on screen 4 :]/

screen.05  The "Crash of 2007"? - how far will it go?
screen.10  Smashing Capitalism! - without the need for revolution
screen.12  *The Top 8 Myths of Vulture Capitalism*
screen.13  scientists catching up with megatripolis - Now They're
Thinking We Live in a Simulation
screen.16  for those with 3rd ears to hear//FEEDBACK
screen.17  UP! THE HIPPY! - did it succeeed or fail?

*\)**)**)**)**)**(**/** *
***___,,,,**_{**ô**¿**ô**}_,,,,__fraser_*

*YOU THOUGHT THE ECONOMIC CRASH WAS OVER?!  BABY IT HASN'T EVEN STARTED
YET!*
The "Crash of 2007"?
How Far Will It Go?
by Richard C. Cook
The immediate triggers are being described quite well:
the collapse of the U.S. subprime mortgage market
the vulnerability of the rest of the economy to the subprime undertow,
due to the "efficiency" of the markets in spreading risk
the worldwide overextension of cheap credit
the failure of large institutional investors and Wall Street brokerages
to behave responsibly
the long-term effects of the U.S. trade and fiscal deficits which are
now coming home to roost.

Amazingly, some commentators have been asking if the monetary crisis
will affect the producing economy, and whether a recession lies ahead.
In reality, the U.S. producing economy has been in a recession for the
last year. This is shown most clearly by the decline in M1, the portion
of the money supply immediately available to people for making purchases.

There are 2 causes for the M1's decline.

    * The weak purchasing power of American consumers, at least half of
      whose decently-paying manufacturing jobs have been eliminated by
      the outsourcing, mergers, and productivity improvements during the
      past two decades.
    * While many U.S. corporations not connected to housing have been
      doing all right, their success has been tied to overseas
      investments and sales, such as GE and GM who are heavily invested
      in China.

This type of business activity props up the stock prices of these global
corporations but does little for the working guy.  The presumption that
overflow earnings from stockholders will benefit the rest of our
domestic economy is the essence of "trickle-down" supply-side economics
and is part of the justification for the system that makes the rich
richer and the poor poorer.

But, anyway, as BarronâEUR^(TM)s reported earlier this year, much of the
profits from the global corporations are being held as retained earnings
for future growth, rather than being passed on to stockholders as
dividends.  Because of the heavy debt-load corporations carry today,
they are all in a grow-or-die mode.  Again, the result is deficient
purchasing power which works to negate the already dubious trickle-down
effect.

The Recession & The 4 Bubbles
The recession has been masked by 4 factors:
1) the government's phony GDP numbers, where the "churning" of financial
transactions masquerade as production
2) the froth on the stock market that took the Dow Jones Average (DJA)
from a little over 11,000 to a record-breaking 14,000 during a one-year
period that ended with the decline that began in mid-July
3) the propensity of the American consumer to continue to buy goods and
services on credit, including necessities of life like health care (NOW
ENDING)
4) the modest growth in low-paying service economy jobs (ALSO PROBABLY
COMING TO AN END)

These lesser bubbles have mirrored the big ones that are bursting as
lenders lose confidence in the ability of borrowers to repay.  The big
bubbles are
- the housing bubble, affecting consumers
- the acquisition bubble, affecting equity funds
- the speculation bubble, affecting hedge funds
- the Confidence bubble, affecting the planet's population and
everything within it
> > i added that one, the biggest of them all.

As the house of cards tumbles down, the leading question on financial
websites and blogs is how deep will the decline go.  Will it stop at the
level of the recessions of previous decades, including 2000-2002, with a
decline that is reflected in the DJA of somewhere around 35% from its
peak?  Or will it be the "Armageddon" scenario which would take us to
depression-level conditions?
> > or deeper, MUCH deeper.

Muddying the waters is the fact that the DJA is much less reliable as a
measure of economic health today than in the past.  This is because
today the vast majority of financial transactions take place within the
furtive secrecy of the equity, hedge, and derivative markets.  No one
really knows what is going on, except that on any given day an
announcement is made that another fund or company has been wiped out, or
hasn't.

Neither the Federal Reserve nor the U.S. government believes they have
an obligation to gather or publish data that will help the public gauge
the effects of these crises on their homes or jobs.  Some might call
this negligence a crime against democracy.  In fact the Federal Reserve
made tracking even more difficult by ceasing to report the M3
macro-currency numbers, but researchers have shown its growth is soaring
while M1 goes down.

What appears to be happening right now is that the Federal Reserve,
which oversees the U.S. economy on behalf of the financial, corporate,
and government elites, is deliberately trying to squeeze as much debt
out of the economy as it can.  It is doing this with interest rates that
are high relative to actual conditions, while trying to avoid the
Armageddon Scenario.

The Fed is carrying out its "soft-landing" policy by holding credit
tight while introducing "liquidity" into the markets on a day-by-day
basis through use of overnight "repos" and by cutting the discount rate
for bank borrowing.  But "liquidity" just means more loans, which
inevitably bear interest charges which somehow will have to be paid by a
person who works for a living.

And where did the Fed get the $34 billion liquidity it pumped into the
markets on August 10?   The answer is that the Fed has a secret room
upstairs where it keeps a large "printing press."  It's legalised
counterfeiting, but as with any counterfeit money, if people accept it
in trade it acts just like the real stuff - for a while.
> > while the Confidence Trick lasts!

The danger, which many commentators are pointing to, is that the Fed
will ignite a hyperinflation.  This may be what is happening.  It may
even be intentional because it devalues debt.  When debt is used to pay
off debt it's actually an invisible tax.  Such inflation is difficult to
discern, again because of the governmentâEUR^(TM)s rigged statistics.
The most important indicator to watch is the price of oil, which doesn't
show up in "core inflation."

It's the Election, Stupid!
But there's a bigger picture.  The Fed's strategy is likely to allow the
recession to proceed, but it does want to get the economy moving again
before the downturn goes too far.  In fact they probably plan to do it
in time for the 2008 presidential election.

If the Fed can engineer a recovery by then the American public will go
back to sleep and elect another politician who will steadfastly protect
the privileges and powers of the magnates who, through the Fed, rule the
world.   Even a new president with some progressive ideas won't be able
to alter much if a recovery has started.

They did it in 1984, with Ronald Reagan reelected on a campaign theme of
"It's morning in America" after the Fed let up following the 20% plus
rates it used to trash the producing economy from 1979-83.  They did the
same with the housing bubble to get George W. Bush reelected in 2004.

It's World Domination, Stupid!
In the meantime, what remains firmly in place is the monetarist regime
through which the financiers and the Fed have ruled America for the 36
years  since President Richard Nixon closed the gold window for
international exchange in 1971.

During this period, we have seen several interlocking phenomena:

   1. interest rates much higher than the previous period of the New
      Deal and its aftermath, lasting into the 1960s
   2. inflation that's eroded 80% of the dollar's value
   3. replacement of our producing industrial economy with a service
      economy dominated by high finance;
   4. almost continuous warfare, with the clear objective of world
      domination to shore up the dollar as the world's reserve currency
   5. ever-deepening public, private, and household debt
   6. the ever-widening gap between rich and poor, with increasing
      numbers of the poor, homeless, and hungry who are left out of the
      nation's economic life
   7. a crisis in the nation's crumbling infrastructure
   8. the constant whipsawing of over 200 million ordinary people who
      are batted around like ping pong balls between alternating
      conditions of boom and bust as every few years many of them watch
      the overnight disappearance of their homes, pensions, savings,
      health insurance, and jobs.  Added to this is the stress that has
      eroded general health and even life expectancy.

It's a horrible picture created by a filthy system.  It's why religious
leaders for thousands of years have characterised usury, and a culture
ruled by usury, as a crime against God and humanity.  The monetarist
rule of the Federal Reserve is legal, institutionalised usury.   Over
the years they have mastered all the tools of the trade, the objective
of which is to continually allow the financial superstructure to skim
the cream off the producing economy.

Can anything be done about it?  Of course.  All the solutions involve
the recognition of credit as a public utility, part of the societal
commons, NOT the private playground of the financiers, with the Fed as
their facilitator.
www.countercurrents.org/cook190807.htm
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.countercurrents.org/cook190807.htm>
up!

**

A RECENT AD IN A RIGHT WING MAG
Great Housing Crash of 2008:
How to protect your investments
In our new Financial Intelligence Report "The Great Housing Crash of
2008,' you'll learn why the drop in U.S. real estate markets is likely
just the first stage of a global liquidity crunch which could ravage
your assets and your investments. Learn nine specific steps to take NOW
to protect your wealth.
up!

WITH BRITAIN TALKING ABOUT 'ANARCHY ON THE STREETS'
AS THE PERMANENT UNDERCLASS RAGE AND REBEL,
IN YANKEELAND THE WORKERS ARE
Smashing Capitalism!
"With one hand the high-rollers squeezed the worker's wages,
while the other was tempting him with the offer of credit"
by Barbara Ehrenreich, Huffington Post.com
Somewhere in the Hamptons a high-roller is cursing his cleaning lady and
shaking his fists at the lawn guys.  The American poor, usually tactful
enough to remain invisible, suddenly leaped onto the scene and started
smashing the global financial system.

Incredibly enough, this may be the first case in history in which the downtrodden manage to bring down an unfair economic system without going to the trouble of a revolution.

First they stopped paying their mortgages, a move in which they were joined by many financially stretched middle class folks, though the poor definitely led the way.

All right, these were trick mortgages, many designed to be unaffordable within 2 years.  There were "NINJA"  loans, for example, awarded to people with "no income, no job or assets."   Conservative columnist Niall Fergusen laments the low levels of "economic  literacy" that allowed people to be exploited by sub-prime loans.  Why didn't these low-income folks get lawyers to go over the fine print?  And don't they have personal financial advisors anyway?

Then, in a diabolically clever move, the poor - a category which now roughly coincides with the working class -- stopped shopping.  Both Wal-Mart and Home Depot announced disappointing second quarter performances, plunging the market into another Arctic-style meltdown.  H. Lee Scott, CEO of the low-wage Wal-Mart empire, admitted with admirable sensitivity, that "it's no secret that many customers are running out of money at the end of the month."

I wish I could report that the current attack on capitalism represents a deliberate strategy on the part of the poor, that there have been secret meetings in back rooms and parking lots where cell leaders issued instructions like, "You, Vinny - don't make any mortgage payment this month. And Caroline, forget that back-to-school shopping, OK?"  But all the evidence suggests that the current crisis is something the high-rollers brought down on themselves.

When Wal-Mart, for example, the largest private employer in America, starts experiencing a shortage of customers, it needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror.  About a century ago, Henry Ford realised that  his company would only prosper if his own workers earned enough to buy Fords.  Wal-Mart, on the other hand, never seemed to figure out that its cruelly low wages would eventually curtail its own growth, even at the  company's famously discounted prices.

The sad truth is that people earning Wal-Mart-level wages tend to favour the fashions available at the Salvation Army.  Nor do they have much use for Wal-Mart's other departments, such as Electronics, Lawn & Garden, and Pharmacy.

It gets worse though.  While with one hand the high-rollers squeezed the American worker's wages, the other hand was reaching out with the tempting offer of credit.  In fact, easy credit became the American substitute for decent wages.  Once you worked for your money, but now you were supposed to pay for it.  Once you could count on earning enough to save for a home.  Now you'll never earn that much, but, as the lenders were saying -- heh, heh, do we have a mortgage for you!

Pay Day Loans, Rent-to-Buy products, and exorbitant credit card interest rates for the poor were just the beginning.  BusinessWeek, in its May 21st cover story on "The Poverty Business," documented the stampede, in just the last few years, to lend money to the people who could least afford to pay the interest: Buy your dream home!  Refinance your house!  Take on a car loan even if your credit rating sucks!  No one bothered to figure out where the poor were going to get the money to pay it back, let alone with interest.
>> i'd guess the companies also wanted to make their sales figures look good to keep afloat.  and the more their sales sank, the more credit they had to offer!

Global capitalism may survive the current credit crisis; already, the government has rushed in to soothe the feverish markets.
>> MORE credit!!!!

But in the long term, a system that depends on extracting every last cent from the poor cannot hope for a healthy prognosis.  Who would have thought that foreclosures in Cleveland or Liverpool would roil the markets of London and Shanghai?  The poor have risen up and spoken; only it sounds less like a shout of protest than a low, strangled, cry of pain.
http://www.alternet.org/story/60506/
up!

*The Top 8 Myths of Vulture Capitalism*
**The human race is sufficiently intelligent and aware enough to NOW
take control of its own destiny, refusing to be deceived & damned any
longer by these obscenely propagandised death-dealing capitalist myths:

1. "The invisible hand of the market works for the good of all"

2. "Free trade is the only way to order international commerce"

3.  "Capitalists should pay little or no tax because they are the engine
of the economy"
> > and u get the crumbs that trickle down

4.  "Unemployment and poverty are natural, inevitable afflictions in any
economic system"

5.  "Economic efficiency is only possible under capitalism"

6.  "All manufacturing, public utilities, and commodities should be
privately owned"

7.  "Capitalists ought to be able to make as much money as they can, no
matter what the plight of the workers"

8.  "All things are working together for the best in this best of all
capitalist worlds"

9. "Since Capitalism outspent State Communism, it must be the best
system possible."
UP!

*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
**T**E**X**T **J**O**C**K**E**Y //**TJ PHRASER (**Fraser Clark**) & THE
**MEDIA EVOLUTION
**MIXING THE **TRACTS** LIVE ON THE **KEYBOARD
**@ A MEDIA-MEME RATE OF **160 IPP * * **Ideas Per Paragraph
**_TO SUBSCRIBE SOMEONE_**, WRITE I wanna get UP! TO
**fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
**TO UNSUBSCRIBE**, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX
**(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*

scientists catching up with megatripolis
Now They're Thinking
We Live in a Simulation
by John Tierney
 Dr. Nick Bostrom, a philosopher & director of the Future of Humanity
Institute at Oxford University, assumes that technological advances
could produce a computer with more processing power than all the brains
in the world, and that advanced humans, or "posthumans," could run
"ancestor simulations" of their evolutionary history by creating virtual
worlds inhabited by virtual people with fully developed virtual nervous
systems.

Some computer experts have projected such a computer by 2050.
> > 2055 actually; wait till you see megatripolis at forever, the 3rd ear
sci-fi rave opera i've been slaving over :)

But it doesn't matter for Dr. Bostrom's argument whether it takes 50 or
5 million years.  If civilisation survived long enough to reach that
stage, and if the posthumans were to run lots of simulations for
research purposes or entertainment, then the number of virtual ancestors
they created would be vastly greater than the number of real ancestors.

There would be no way for any of these ancestors to know for sure
whether they were virtual or real, because the sights and feelings
they'd experience would be indistinguishable.  But, since there would be
so many more virtual ancestors, any individual could figure that the
odds made it nearly certain that he or she was living in a virtual world.

The math and the logic are inexorable.

"My gut feeling, and it's nothing more than that," he says, "is that
there's a 20% chance we're living in a computer simulation."

A practical question is how to behave in a computer simulation.  Your
first impulse might be to say nothing matters anymore because nothing's
real.  But just because your neural circuits are made of silicon
instead of carbon doesn't mean your feelings are any less real.
> > act in the world AS IF IT IS REAL.

David J. Chalmers, a philosopher at the Australian National University,
says Dr. Bostrom's simulation hypothesis isn't a cause for skepticism,
but simply a different metaphysical explanation of our world.
> > now there's a smarter guy!

Or maybe, as suggested by Robin Hanson, an economist at George Mason
University, you should try to be as interesting as possible, on the
theory that the designer is more likely to keep you around for the next
simulation. (For more on survival strategies in a computer simulation,
go to www.nytimes.com/tierneylab
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.nytimes.com/tierneylab>
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/14/science/14tier.html?ei=5090&en=22bfff4070a81187&ex=1344744000
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/14/science/14tier.html?ei=5090&en=22bfff4070a81187&ex=1344744000>
> > the Public gets to vote too :)
UP!

*Down with Bottled Water!! *
* Don't Believe What They Tell You
And Quit Covering my Planet with Plastic Bottles!
*
The ads want you to imagine crystal-clear springs, alpine glaciers and
pristine natural sources.  The reality, however, is something far
different.

I/ndependent laboratory testing/ of more than 1,000 bottles of 103 types
of bottled water led to some surprising and even /*frightening findings*/:

    * One brand of purported "spring water" - with a label picturing a
      lake and mountains - actually came from a well in the parking lot
      of an industrial facility, located near a hazardous waste dump.
    * According to government and industry estimates, approximately *1/4
      of bottled water is actually just bottled tap water*.
    * About 1/3 of the bottled water tested contained *significant
      chemical or bacterial contamination*, exceeding levels allowed
      under state or industry standards.
    * About 1/5 of the water tested contained *industrial or
      manufacturing chemicals* such as toluene, xylene, phthalate,
      adipate or styrene.
    * In eight cases, the tested water contained *arsenic* at "a level
      of potential health concern".

Unfortunately, as the NRDC notes, the FDA's rules exempt 60-70% of
bottled water sold in the U.S. from federal bottled water standards.
With these huge regulatory gaps, the NRDC's report concluded that:

*"No one should assume that just because he or she purchases water in a
bottle that it is necessarily any better regulated, purer, or safer than
most tap water."*

Another study commissioned by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) pointed out
the negative environmental impact of the bottled water phenomenon -
every year, 1.5 MILLION tons of plastic are used in bottled water
manufacturing.

Millions of these bottles end up in our already-crowded landfills . . .
and toxic chemicals spew into the environment during the bottle
manufacturing and disposal processes.

In addition to the safety issues, the NRDC study also noted that *you
can spend from _240 to over 10,000 times more per gallon_ for bottled
water than you typically do for tap water.*

It sure doesn't make sense to pay so much more for water that's not any
healthier, does it?
UP!

*
*
*Gaian Botanicals*
**
*Thanks for offering to mention GaianBotanicals.com
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.GaianBotanicals.com>.

**Around 2000 I was forced to sell out to Corporate America by slaving
in an office to support my lovely wife and 3 children.  **Then I
launched a my little web store.  **I focus on plant allies, and am
gradually improving the catalog.  My goal is to build enough income
doing what interests me so I can stop feeding the the corporate machine
that's been consuming my soul, yet still provide for my family.*
*
I don't currently have the capability to provide a coupon code.  But
what I can do is ship an extra 15% of every product ordered that is sold
by weight to those who mention UP! in the check out notes.  Does that
sound cool? *
**
*Peace,*
Eric, US.
****UP!

Mammograms Cause Breast Cancer?
Dr. Russell Blaylock
Breast cancer strikes women hard.  In fact, breast cancer is the most
common type of cancer in women, and the second leading cause of cancer
death in women (after lung cancer).

The American Cancer Society estimates that in 2005, about 211,240 women
were diagnosed with breast cancer - and 40,410 died from the disease.

All these deaths should NOT have happened.

Most doctors will tell you that the best chance for a cure is to detect
breast cancer early.  That's right.

But, unfortunately, there's a flaw in our country's "early warning
system".  A potentially fatal flaw...

Most women depend upon that yearly mammogram to warn them of possible
breast cancer.  Yet studies show mammograms actually increase your risk
of developing breast cancer from 1-3% per year, depending on the
technique used.

Now that may not sound like a lot but, if you religiously undergo a
mammogram every year for 10 years, you increase your risk by 10-30% (and
some radiation experts feel the danger is much higher than that).

Why?  Because the breast is one of your body's most sensitive areas when
it comes to cancers caused by radiation exposure.
> > why do you think they hide when they do it?!

Compounding that, by the age of 50, a full 45% of women will have cancer
cells in their breasts.  This doesn't mean that all these women will
develop breast cancer, because in most women these cancer cells remain
dormant.

What it does mean is that, if you are one of these 45% of women, you are
at high risk of spurring these cancer cells to full activity.
www.newsmax.com
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Documents/UP%21/www.newsmax.com>
UP!

**
*
)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o*
***the** **UP!** is a global edutainment round-up, broadcast weekly to
**=[13,035]=*
***Alternative// Activist// Zippy// Trance// New Age// Peace folks*
***recommended to the **Parallel YOUniversity**// Megatripolis Dance
Dept **as*
* **/"showing signs of life"./**  **Since recipients forward it widely
to their own lists & sites*
*we conservatively estimate **_50,000+ _**direct recipients.*
*A further 40,000 read it on the YOUniversity's site.*
*And, because of its 'mix' of 'specialist' & 'general' content,*
*   it's increasingly being posted on a variety of sites worldwide,*
*making an estimated total weekly readership of **_=[275,000]=_*
***)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o
*

for those with 3rd ears to hear//FEEDBACK

*bright right!, Fraser!*
*I live in a village where hippies in late sixties started to come, in
Patagonia, Argentina, just to live hippy lives in nature.
Many other people came, since then and before, and now too many come to
escape city violence and looking for busine$$...  So you don´t see the
hippy village but a touristic one.  But...*
***While we wait for this to happen, we´ve learned how to live with our
feet on the planet, not in an incubator, not to rely on the system´s
mattress, we´ve learned to heat ourselves, to grow food, to build, to
heal ourselves, trying to make our own energy (**wellcoming **all
technic contributions). *
*And we live and wait, closer and closer to the end of this ridiculous
consumerism era.*
*To prepare ourselves as community, in all these orders, is what we
should do now, and meanwhile, enjoy life and celebrate!*
*(forgive my English)*
Gabriela, El Bolson, Argentina.
up!

Hi Fraser...

Keep up the good work... "The times they are a changin'" as Bob Dylan sang... indeed they are...
Onwards to 2012.. Can't wait for the party!  :-)

Of course the hippies were right.. in fact, more times than not, they're still right.
Pity Monsanto don't change their minds about the GM thing.. think how much "money" they could generate if they funded research into the alternatives, and in fact led the way by renouncing their fear of non-GM foodstuffs.
"Give me spots on my apples" sang Joni!

Can't wait for the true cashless society, not one where we rely on numbers on a computer screen, but where "money" and the concept of it no longer exists and we become free children of the earth again.

OK, so there's a lot of stuff that needs tidying up.. Hey its our planet, we're all responsible for it! Lets turn the planet back into Eden! Oh, I'm not advocating just living in the woods (although there's nothing wrong with that), but use modern technology to provide homes for everyone, clothes for everyone, food and clean water for everyone... We can do it people!!!!  We have the power!!!

Love, peace and Unity!
Sheena Mcdonagh, UK.   xx
>> couldn't have put it better myself, girl :)
up!

**UP! THE HIPPY!
Hi Fraser...
I loved the hippy days and have always felt that it was really more
about what's inside rather than outside' it seemed to me to be about
making a pilgrimage to the self, the inner mountain top, to discover
something greater than yourself in the meaning of existence... and to
realise we're all one and life flows on within you and without.

Acid and hashish were sacraments to start with, used with some respect for the fact that they would alter your perception of your own mind... there were strong buddhist influences and a spiritual expectation attached to consciousness-raising, loads of the music was about love & peace, brotherhood & nature.

That's a bit different to the mainstream conception of what a hippy was about; loads of the kids, even back in the '60s nd '70s lost the plot, and either went madly over the top, deranged or killed themselves, or just ended up being absolute reactionary bread-head materialist conformer consumers and boozers, as they ran and hid in terror from what the overdone-in-ignorance drugs revealed to them about the human condition and their own predicament.
>> truth is that actually didn't happen that much.  1 in a 100?

Cannabis makes them paranoid now and they fear their own minds, don't know what to do about anything, let things go and don't try to participate in anything but inane marketed pleasures.
>> pretty much like the straight population then?

Wasters-a-plenty came out of the numskull misunderstandings of the spiritual revolution.  The collapse of those old rigid standards that strictured us was great for the people of good will, creative mind and kind heart but it has been disastrous for the wicked, the ignorant and the gullible....
>> no such thing, paul.  people are evolving as best they can is all.

The world was asleep in a straitjacket of hard-work and 9-to-5, job-for-life, world-war aftershock... then came the revolution... but the baby got thrown out with the bath-water and now, from top-to-bottom of society, we have an even more sinister amorality and stupid oafish violence to contend with.
>> they didn't listen to our warnings, they trashed and lied to us, and now we're seeing what happens.  but the important point is NOW WE'RE SEEING IT.

Do what thou wilt, and Love, was the creed.  And it opened the door for permission to do what you want and love to ridicule love, love to hate... or just forget the Love bit altogether... you know, we forgot to recognise the yin and yang of human nature, to know that for every kindness there is a cruelty and so it goes.
>> people who had to learn that ... had to learn that.  is good :)

We have won the liberal arguments for the time being, but we are being blamed for allowing a sick society to develop through hedonism and easy attitudes.
>> those are not what's causing poor young kids shooting each other.  "Love A Hoody" might still win Cameron the next election.  and maybe should?  and when you her a tory party leader saying such things you can hardly doubt how deeply 'we' have changed society :)

We did not have enough backbone to keep on confronting the greatest enemy of all.
>> he was waaaaaay too strong, and the Gene Pool was waaaay too lost in the Middle Ages.

No one has been able to stop the juggernaut of consumerism and wage-slavery from taking over people's consciousness to such an extent that they now identify themselves with brands as much as they do with bands or celebs...
>> literally billions have been spent to bring this state about, but see Smashing Capitalism!above to see why it's actually collapsing at this very moment.

Even Rave succumbs to market forces and culture capitalism, people start getting fat and satisfied and forget about their talents for love, in order to make more money.
>> u r being waaaaay too condemnatory.  we're dealing with a devolutionary tendency that's being afflicting womankind for 7000 years or so.  u must not and cannot blame us for taking some time to change things.  it's been less than 50 years so far!  if we have a Total Change anywhere in the next 50 years THAT WILL BE BY FAR THE FASTEST EVOLUTION OF A CULTURE IN HUMAN HISTORY.

Money enslaves us all, rich and poor alike.  It controls our will and our desires and our daily lives... money is still the root, and the route, of all evil because we have failed to evolve our consciousness to cope with it.  Money is always the reason and somehow, also, the final excuse for everything that's morally wrong.

Now all the countries and people in the world are hooked to the dollar day-dream, including millions of old 'hippies' !
>> ain't true in my experience; most old hippies sign on unemployed - bleeding the war funds out of our sick society right?

We realise at last, that it's a nightmare that is destroying the very earth we depend on.
>> we knew that then.  the majority spurned our vision.  now they're joining us.  i call that victory.  i wish it had happened by next monday at the latest as we thought for years through the hippy movement, but we were young, we didn't realise what a Mountain had to be climbed.

Everywhere the exploitative model of industrial commerce that we spawned here in the 18th and 19th centuries is gobbling up the resources and the peoples of the world while fugging up the atmosphere and the climate... and we are trapped in it like frogs in a shrinking pond.
>> now the major parties are trying to out-green each other; who woulda predicted that even a year ago?!

Maybe some of those scary ideas and insights about the soul and the human condition are about to be bared again, this time we can't run.
This time we have either got to learn or burn.
>> spot on.  evolve or die.

A good place to start offering ourselves up for crucifixion would be by re-asserting the sacredness and value of entheogenic drugs.  ref. your T-shirt, Bong Hits 4 Jesus.  . Mine might be, Skunk's a Sacrament!
>> most of the greenies still don't see that the allies are the very bedrock of the 'Nature' with which they want to reconnect.  so it will be the LAST, but inevitable, breakthrough.  that's if we learn and don't burn, see?

Enlightened beings do not abuse substances of any kind but neither do they condemn them or speak out of ignorance of the potentially valuable experience they offer, as well as the dangers...

Let's start by suggesting that education should include the truth about use as opposed to abuse, about the hidden aspects of consciousness that will be uncovered and how to grow whole with that.

See beyond the self and knowing the self, rather than thinking one is going mad...  become heroic explorers of inner space... unashamed shamans.
>> humanity has nowhere else to go - that's if it manages to change enough so it don't burn.  inner space is unquestionably the penultimate frontier :)  and i actually don't think we're ever going to travel the billions of light years of space in a metal boat no matter what hyperdrive it has.

Imagine, The Higher Education Establishment, on some mountain somewhere, a-hashish-mushroom-ecstasy-lsd-ayahuasca YOUniversity for brave pilgrims to come and find humility in the face of their own divinity and mortality, hew their own water, chop their own wood, tell their own tale.

"Hey, yeah man, I graduated to MDMA, with first class honours!  Means I can stay ecstasy high forever, without a pill!"

Compulsory attendance, funded by the UN, for anyone who wants to put themselves up as a "leader" or "teacher" in the world.
>> let's start with UN pensions for the hundreds of thousands of old hippies for services to the planet despite all odds.
PeacePaul. Norwich. (ye)UK !
UP!
all g o o d t h i n g s c o me t o a n e n d

**

*which don't justify nuttin'*

*U U U U U U U U U U U U UP! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
**YOUR PLANET NEEDS //YOU! This **HipList** grows purely by recommendation.
**SO RECOMMEND SOMEONE 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!
**YES, YES, SEND US EDUTAINING NEWS'N VIEWS no need to ask! :-)
FOR MORE FRASER ON RAVE CULTURE & THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, VISIT
_WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM/fraser_
**TO UNSUBSCRIBE**, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX
 **U U U U U U U U U U U U** **UP! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !