[pagan-magik] UP! 269a// SEX 2 for XMAS (& politics)// 19 12 07

fraser at parallel-youniversity.com fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Wed Dec 19 04:49:23 GMT 2007

*TURN ON** COMPUTER // TUNE IN TO FUNLEASHED SPIRIT OF INTERNET // TAKE
OVER!*
[DESIGNED, AND BEST READ, AS A FULL PAGE SPREAD]

Laura Archera Huxley, the widow of "Brave New World" author Aldous
Huxley, has changed levels, dying of cancer Thursday night at her
Hollywood Hills home.  She was 96.  "She said she was ready (to go) and
she was happy about the life she'd lived. She felt complete," said Karen
Pfeiffer, her legal ward... She and her husband experimented with LSD,
Huxley wrote in her memoirs, and well into her 90s she was doing yoga
and other exercises... Born in Turin, Italy, in 1911, Huxley was a
violin prodigy who performed at Carnegie Hall as a teenager in the
1940s.  She later became a film editor, meeting Huxley and his wife,
Maria, in 1948 while trying to interest him in writing a film she wanted
to make.  The movie never happened, but she became friends with the
Huxleys.  After Maria died in 1955, Aldous proposed, and they were
married the following year... After her husband died of cancer, Laura
devoted herself to preserving his writings and legacy.  "It was
tremendously important to her," Pfeiffer said... She also wrote several
books herself, including a 1963 best-selling self-help guide, "You Are
Not the Target," and a memoir of her life with Huxley called "This
Timeless Moment."
**UP!

***(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)**(\o//**)(\o/)(\**o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
All truth passes through 3 stages.*          Get UP!  /Stand Up For Your
Rights! /**/(and everybody else's too of course! :)/*
1, it's ridiculed.                            */u can't understand the
world without innerstanding yourself/*
** 2, it's violently opposed.                               *UP!
**269a    *19  12  07*   *
**3, it's accepted as being self-evident.              ---- /LA- LA- LA-
LAP-TOPPLING DA SYSTEM! ---///
***/u cant innerstand yourself without understanding the world/*
*Get UP!  /And Don't Give Up The Fight! /**/(only we don't mean
violence, ok? :)/*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)**(\o//)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
FEATURING /exclusive re-writes & re-mixes of da freshest deepest hacks
ancient & modern ,and/
/SAMPLES// from media & mentalities all over, & all bubbling //up!
//from da public DNA Herself!/
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)****(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
**
****
*
*

WHY IS NOBODY MENTIONING THE
$45 TRILLION BAD CREDIT?
(GROSS DOMESTIC US PRODUCT - $13 TRILLION)//
//"Faced by the failure of credit they have proposed only the lending of
more money"
" /The scale of global debt reflects a broken financial and commercial
system that is doing immense damage to the planet and to public life.//
/
by Ann Pettifor
On 9 August 2007, globalisation's rickety financial levees were broken
by a storm-surge of debt, invisible to most punters, but scary enough to
frighten bankers.  This debt includes highly leveraged corporate debt
traded on secondary markets, household mortgages, credit-card debts, car
loans and other substantial outlays.

But what really scares financiers and other experts are the truly big
debts racked up by financial institutions, including those that have
insured against loan defaults.

One of the least understood, but potentially most lethal financial
products they have engineered - away from the regulatory scrutiny of
central bankers and finance ministries - is called a Credit Default Swap
(CDS).  In reality, they are not "swaps" at all, but a form of insurance
(read the blog of one "Hellasious", of Sudden Debt
<https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4102429195693595750&postID=8703578783448546170&pli=1>
for example)

Now get this.  In its most recent biannual survey (covering the second
half of 2007) the International Swaps and Derivatives Association
<http://www.isda.org/> assessed the total notional amounts of CDSs
outstanding at $45.5 trillion!!!  This staggering figure is about twice
the value of the US stock market, or 3 times the gross domestic product
of the US ($13 trillion).

*The Bubble of Ignorance*
The wonder is not that bankers effectively went on strike on 9 August by
calling a halt to lending to each other: the wonder is that they took so
long to wake up to these frightful risks and liabilities.  To be sure,
the risks are well hidden from the world's financial, media and
political elites.  But then, regulators and financial elites are the
architects of this secretive, unregulated international financial system!

Bankers are now running scared because, like the levees
<http://www.opendemocracy.net/globalization-climate_change_debate/levee_2801.jsp>
of New Orleans, the bulwarks of the international financial system have
been seriously weakened.

Behind them the tidal wave of debt has built up, leveraged by
unsupervised credit-creation.  Bankers, as well as political elites, now
doubt these debts will ever be repaid.  In the US the default rate on
prime adjustable-rate mortgages has more than tripled since 2004.  If
such defaults spread to society as a whole, the outcome would signal not
only financial meltdown but also societal meltdown.  This is why the US
treasury secretary and the US president have abandoned
<http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financial/2007/12/17/071217ta_talk_surowiecki>
their free-market principles and have intervened to help people hit by
the housing-market meltdown.

Since 9 August 2007, the guardians of our finances have used bluffery to
calm and reassure bankers, journalists and citizens (who are also, of
course, mortgage-holders, investors, employees, and consumers).  They
have tried to manage the storm-surge - by adding more "liquidity" and
lowering interest-rates!  In other words, and to quote Franklin Delano
Roosevelt in March 1933