[pagan-magik] UP! 254// Nuclear Power NOT the Answer But The End// 21 06 07

fraser at parallel-youniversity.com fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Fri Jun 22 04:04:52 BST 2007

TURN ON COMPUTER // TUNE IN TO FUNLEASHED SPIRIT OF INTERNET // TAKE OVER!

*\)))))(/
**______,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,___fraser___ *
*i don't know who advises the queen on her award of honours but at least
two of her recent ones are, well, appalling.*
* *
*sir salman rushdie and michael eavis cbe.*
* *
*let's deal with eavis first cos it's simplest.  he was honoured for
/"creating the world's greatest music festival."/  excuse me?!  *
* *
*he did /not/ 'create' the Glastonbury Festival; he took it over from
the hippy, andrew kerr, who had created & launched it on his farm.  *
* *
*nor was it a /'music'/ festival.  it was a gloriously successful
hippy-style event, destined to become the world's greatest edutainment
fair until eavis became the first man in history to SELL OUT to the
Music Bizness WHEN HE NO LONGER NEEDED TO!  /_AFTER HE HAD A SUCCESSFUL
FESTIVAL ON HIS HANDS!_/_  _*
* *
*nor was it successful because/ of him /- /that/ was thanks to hundreds,
indeed thousands of people who'd committed endless (usually unpaid)
energy to ground a New Spirit and make it all happen.  (think about
those famous mud scenes; do u think ordinary people would have
CELEBRATED being dirty and cold?!)*
* *
*michael is not a BAD man, but i /know/, when the time came, he /should/
have set up a Board of Elders or something to steer the Glastonbury
Festival towards its true potential - a gigantic green,
eco-community-democracy-freelove-spirited ambient Edutainment
Celebration - all of which are /now/ acknowledged to be what our world
needs & /wants/).  it's still not too late, michael!*
* *
*he certainly worked very hard and i don't begrudge this businessman,
who wasn't /required/ to really respect the 'spirit' of the festival,
/some/ of the millions he salted away (don't let that PR quaker faker
beard fool ya).  but he didn't deserve a medal on top.  *
* *
*[i once sued michael eavis for screwing me around and then refusing to
pay the expenses involved.  i won.  but the case had been so clear and
straightforward that i puzzled over why he'd allowed the matter to go to
court.  the answer seems to be that few people ever stood up to him.
during that time, indeed, i was contacted with bitter complaints by SO
many little people reliant on the festival for their living and /afraid/
to protest openly that i was shocked.  i'll probly get a hundred such
emails for publishing this.*
* *
*so many alternative types told me they'd been financially and
disdainfully misused that it became clear that michael did not
understand (let alone /inner/stand) /anything/ of the great people and
activities that MADE the festival what it was.  don't mistake me: he
knew perfectly well that the hippies were the key ingredient to making
Glastonbury special [NOT the music!], but he knew he could get them for
peanuts and did.  perhaps, if he chooses to sue me for saying this, a
lot of good people (who no longer go to the festi) will have the chance
to put this 'dark cloud' on the public record.*
* *
*/"I'm so pleased at this honour not only for myself, but for the
hundreds and perhaps thousands of people who have supported my ideas
through thick and thin."/  Michael Eavis** on receipt of the award.
Oh please!  Supported /your/ ideas?!  You made zillions from /their/
ideas!  And now u gotta gong too!]*
*[see also obituary p.19]*
* *
*though salman rushdie got knighted for /"services to literature",/ he's
no great writer as writer; lets' remove that possibility immediately.
he has some brilliant width but very little depth.  he is flash,
mentally sophisticated, wide and superficial.  what's that got to do
with it?  well, if he'd been a shakespeare then there might have been an
exceptional reason to /'make a stand'/ and risk inflaming the second
largest religion in the world with whom we're practically at war.  *
* *
*but lissen, while it's our /duty/ to speak up when freedom of speech is
threatened, royally blessing a venomous attitude to muslims when our
armies have just slaughtered a million of them (for no apparent reason)
is just, well, the english dictionary doesn't possess a disgusted enough
word for it.*
*UP!*
* *
* *
* \)))))(/*
*_______,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,____fraser___*
*A Coincidence?*
*
On July 8, 1947, witnesses claimed that an unidentified object with
_five aliens aboard_ crashed onto a sheep and cattle ranch just outside
Roswell, New Mexico.  *
* *
*Many claim this well-known incident has long been covered up by the
U.S. Air Force and government.  But why?

Well, what you may NOT know is that, _exactly 9 months after that
historic day_, in March 1948, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald
Rumsfield, Rush Limbaugh, Condolezza Rice, and Dan Quayle were born.

A coincidence?  Or a reptilian breeding program u decide.*
*UP! Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement. [HOW TO
WRITE PROPER]*
* *
* *
*One Superpower To Rule Them All*
*America failed the Test....... the Lord of the Rings' test.*
*And chose to use her unopposed superpower status, her technology, her
weapons (the ring) to impose her will on the world.*
*And is being corrupted by this power*
*And will be corrupted absolutely.*
* *
*America is a Sarumanic power, and,*
*like Saruman, if she continues in her folly,*
*she will fall.*
* *
*And In The Darkness Bind Them.*
*Frodo Baggins.  *
*US LIL 'OBBITS WILL INHERIT THE MIDDLE EARTH OK.*
*UP! Avoid clichés like the plague. (They're old hat.) [HOW TO WRITE
PROPER]*
* *
*
*
*/"I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do something./ *
*/And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse/ *
*/to do the something that I can do.  What I can do, I should do./ *
*/And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do."/ *
*Edward Everett Hale.*
*UP! Prepositions are not words to end sentences with. [HOW TO WRITE
PROPER]*
* *
* *
*Genetic Code of Deadly Mosquito Cracked*
*An international consortium of researchers has sequenced the majority
of the genome of the Aedes mosquito, the scourge behind outbreaks of the
deadly yellow, dengue and even chikungunya fevers that kill thousands of
people in Africa, South America and Asia every year. *
* *
*The genetic blueprint offers hope that specific genes can be identified
that will enable scientists to end up creating even /_more deadly_/
mosquitoes! :)*
*[ScientificAmerican.com May 17, 2007]*
*UP! Who needs rhetorical questions? [HOW TO WRITE PROPER]*
* *
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
*Get UP!  /Stand Up For Your Rights! //(and everybody else's too of
course! :)/*
*///u can't understand the world without innerstanding yourself/*
*//UP!  254  21  05  07*
*/LA- LA- LA- LAP-TOPPLING DA SYSTEM!/*
*///u cant innerstand yourself without understanding the world///*
*//  Get UP!  /And Don't Give Up The Fight! //(only we don't mean
violence, ok? :)/*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
*FEATURING /exclusive re-writes & re-mixes of da freshest deepest hacks
ancient & modern ,and/*
*/SAMPLES// from media & mentalities all over, & all bubbling //up!
// from da public DNA Herself!/*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
* *
* *
*UP! COMPLIMENT OF THE WEEK*
*/"You have, IMHO, an unruffle-able instinct for the sane nuggets among
all the noise."/*
* *
* *
*UP! WORST T-SHIRT OF THE WEEK*
*I'm not a *
*gynaecologist *
*but I'll take a look*
*(send in examples pls :)*
*UP! Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary. [HOW TO
WRITE PROPER]*
* *
* *
*Giant Takes On Physics' Biggest Questions*
*Physicists hope the Large Hadron Collider giant particle accelerator at
Cern will recreate conditions that last prevailed when the universe was
less than a trillionth eh zillionth of a second old eh third...*
*New York Times May 15, 2007*
*>> sorry i couldn't stop laffing :) *
*UP! The passive voice is to be avoided. [HOW TO WRITE PROPER]*
* *
* *
*_contents_...*
*p.04  The Tower of Babble-On /- //Swami Beyondananda sounds off on the
state of the world./*
*p.07  Nuclear Power Is NOT the Answer, It Will Be _The End_ - /"Atomic
energy is worse than any science fiction book ever written"/  //*
*p.12  WONDERING WHAT'S _REEEEALLY_ GOING ON IN _GAZA_?...    //*
*  {p.13  Bush Doctrine Routed in Gaza  *
*  {p.15  Robert Fisk: HOW TO DEAL WITH A COUP D'ÉTAT BY _AN ELECTED
GOVERNMENT_*
*p.17  Earth Is Not A 'What'/_// _//_FEEDBACK_// - woolly, incoherent,
meandering bollox!///*
*p.19  obituary sweet baby james, we all live on with u on the yellow
submarine*
*UP! Foreign words and phrases are not apropos. [HOW TO WRITE PROPER]*
* *
* *
*_new york___*
*MAY 24 - SEPT 16*
*/Summer of Love: //Art// of the //Psychedelic// Era/*
*/Summer 2007/ revisits the unprecedented explosion of contemporary art
and popular culture brought about by the civil unrest and pervasive
social change of the 1960s and early '70s, when a new psychedelic
aesthetic emerged in art, music, film, architecture, graphic design, and
fashion. *
*>> eh, psychedelics played a part in there too, is why it's called
"psychedelic".*
* *
*The exhibition includes paintings, photographs and sculptures by Isaac
Abrams, Richard Avedon, Lynda Benglis, Richard Hamilton, Elliott Landy,
Jimi Hendrix (his only known watercolour), Robert Indiana, Yayoi Kusama,
Richard Lindner, and John McCracken, among others, as well as a rich
selection of important posters, album covers and underground magazines. *
* *
*A special emphasis is placed on environments as well as on film, video
and multimedia installations, including works by Jerry Abrams, Jordan
Belson, USCO, Stan VanDerBeek, James Whitney, and Lamonte Young and
Marian Zazeela.  The exhibition includes films of performances and light
shows, and spotlights places such as the UFO nightclub in London and the
Human Be-In in San Francisco, featuring Allen Ginsberg and Timothy
Leary.  Organized by Tate Liverpool and originally presented there, the
show has toured to the Kunsthalle Schirn Frankfurt and the Kunsthalle
Wien.*
*@ Whitney Museum of American Art.*
*http://www.whitney.org/www/exhibition/index.jsp*
*up!*
* *
*or for a whole other view that we put together for the 30^th anniversary.*
*http://www.algroup.co.uk/wpb/people/fraser/blurbal.htm*
*up!*
* *
*/"Tim and I can say anything we damned well want to.  We're both
ex-cons and have done hard time and not the country club kind either,
for what we believe, and have no credibility whatsoever to preserve."
/Gordon Liddy to Tim Leary during their club debate /"Personal Freedom
vs. Authority."///*
*up!*
*__*
*_london___*
*THURSDAY JULY 5       The Triumph Of Hippy*
*Today's Eco-Activist-Party Culture = HIPPY THE _FINAL_ CHAPTER - a
Fraser Clark _ambient lecture_ (with demo movies).*
*Now that we finally understand how the Matrix consistently demonises
anything that threatens it, just imagine the non-stop _negative
propaganda_ it's been projecting about Hippy, the biggest social "Peace
& Love" movement in human history which shook it to its very core,
believe me.  Instead it accused Hippy of possessing /"weapons of mass
destruction" /and stabbed him/her in the back.  And the Disaster that
was well on the way to being averted has now reached Global Catastrophic
proportions.  Time to start learning!  (Again :)*
*MOVIES:  Milos Forman's/ '//HAIR, The Movie'/ and Peter Whitehead's
'/LET'S ALL MAKE LOVE IN LONDON TONIGHT!'/*
*_MORE DETAILS IN NEXT UP!_*
*8-12pm @ RampArt Social Centre, 15-17 Rampart Street, E1 2LA (Shadwell
tube + DLR & East London Line.)  Just off Commercial Road (not to be
confused with nearby Commercial Street.)*
*www.rampart.co.nr <www.rampart.co.nr%20> - click on how_to_find_us*
*UP! Even if a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed. [HOW TO
WRITE PROPER]*
* *
* *
*The Tower of Babble-On*
*by Steve Bhaerman aka Swami Beyondananda*
*Having spent 2 weeks in Europe now with 4 to go, I see many contrasts
with the U.S.A.   As we flew into Frankfurt, then Paris and then Vienna
we saw green fields and thick forests right up to the outskirts of the
city.  On a bus ride through Slovenia on the way from Croatia to Italy,
we saw vast expanses of land not /"for"/ anything, but just /"there."/*
* *
*In Vienna, everyone takes public transit, not just the poor folks with
no alternative.  As one our new friends told us, /"I have the luxury of
not owning an automobile."/   There seems to be little of the age
segregation that we find in the States.  Old people hobble along through
the streets where they might well have spent their youth.  In Venice,
even dogs have a particular European /"attitude."/  On leashes or
walking free, they make their way through the narrow streets going about
their business, unmindful of the crowds and seeming to crave no attention.*
* *
*But perhaps the biggest contrast - and the one most relevant to the
challenges we face in America - is the news.  CNN Worldwide and CNN
America broadcast two _different stories_.  While America is fed
/"babblum"/ about the latest narcissistic misadventures of Paris Hilton,
the same CNN shows Europeans the demonstrations at the G8 meetings.
 While the U.S. media prattles about which of the Presidential
candidates is doing a better job manipulating public opinion, CNN World
is doing features about peak oil and climate change.  The American media
shows talking heads rationalizing the latest surge in Iraq.  CNN World
shows dead Iraqi civilians.*
* *
*First question: Are you outraged by this? Second question: If not, why
not?*
* *
*My sad conclusion is this: The one major difference between Soviet
Russia and America today is Russian citizens /knew/ Pravda was lying to
them.  The free press our Founding Fathers fought for as necessary for
an informed citizenry has been replaced with a Tower of Babble.*
* *
*The reason the Tower of Babble is broadcasting 24/7 is the same reason
the Roman Empire in its decline offered /"bread and circus,"/ and more
of the latter than the former.  Americans need to be distracted from the
looting and pillaging of our commonwealth - and indeed the /world's/
common wealth - while the looters and pillagers enjoy a few more years
of high living before the whole thing goes down the toilet.  Unless ...*
* *
*Unless we bring down the Towers of Babble and proclaim the American
Evolution, where we the people begin to have heart-to-heart
conversations across the "red-blue divide" and come front and centre to
face the reality: The "American Empire" is un-American.  The vast
majority don't benefit from the wealth extracted by the multinational
economy.  Judging by the growing gap between rich and poor and the
disappearing middle class, America has been re-colonized by a new
self-proclaimed "King George." *
* *
*As with the Biblical Tower of Babel, the Babble is keeping the American
people from finding a common language.  Very rarely will the media offer
a thoughtful discussion seeking common ground.  Instead, there is
ranting and raving, fear-mongering and intentional misunderstanding.
 For it would be dangerous indeed for the progressive left and the
libertarian right to compare notes and find they are tossing harpoons at
the same leviathan from two different directions.*
* *
*Our government is owned by an oligarchy that serves itself, and not the
people.   For the most part, the Democrats are owned by the same
oligarchy.  They just put a kinder face on it.  Or, if you will, the
Democrats play enabler to the Republican abusers.*
* *
*Like the classic Peanuts recurring nightmare of Lucy pulling away the
football each time Charlie Brown tries to kick it - in spite of her
insistence that she would never do such a thing - the Democrats if
victorious will once again send the body politic sprawling on its ass.
 Unless ...*
* *
*Unless we the people let the media know /"we're not buying it."
  /Whether it involves mailing copies of publications that publish less
truthful issues here than they do elsewhere back to the source, or
unplugging from TV, or inundating CNN and other networks with mass
protest ... nothing will change unless the voice of the people drowns
out the lies emanating from the Tower of Babble.*
* *
*The change - if there is change - cannot come from /above/.  It can
only come from individual "cells" choosing to listen lovingly to one
another, even if they disagree.  Only by resonating with and reinforcing
the common harmonic of the heart can we liberate ourselves from our
exile in Babble On.*
*wakeuplaughing.com <http://www.wakeuplaughing.com/>*
*UP! While a transcendent vocabulary is laudable, one must nevertheless
keep incessant surveillance against such loquacious, effusive, voluble
verbosity that the calculated objective of communication becomes
ensconced in obscurity. [HOW TO WRITE PROPER]*
* *
* *
*THE WARP Now Available On DVD*
*Ken Campbell's Legendary 1979 ICA production of THE WORLD'S LONGEST
PLAY by Neil Oram is NOW AVAILABLE on SIX 3 HOUR DVDs.*
* *
*/'The true, mind-awakening tale of one man's battle with the
robot-eyesing, de-human-eyesing anti-freedom forces.'/*
* *
*STARRING:  Russell Denton,  Jim Broadbent,  Bill Nighy,  Maria
Moustaka,  Stephan Williams,  Pat Donovan,  and The Warp Band.*
* *
*Order the 18 hour boxed set (£75 incl. P £ P) direct from neil at
oramneil at yahoo.co.uk   *
*UP!*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
*TEXT JOCKEY // TJ PHRASER (Fraser Clark) & THE MEDIA EVOLUTION *
*MIXING THE TRACTS LIVE ON THE KEYBOARD*
*@ A MEDIA-MEME RATE OF 160 IPP * * Ideas Per Paragraph*
*_TO SUBSCRIBE SOMEONE_, WRITE I wanna get UP! TO
fraser at parallel-youniversity.com*
*TO UNSUBSCRIBE, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
* *
* *
*Nuclear Power Is NOT the Answer, It Will Be _The End_*
*/"Atomic energy is worse than any science fiction book ever written"/*
*/The nuclear industry has NOT cleaned up its act, according to Helen
Caldicott, who spearheaded the nuclear disarmament movement in the
1980s.  (Nobel Laureate Linus Pauling nominated Caldicott for the Nobel
Peace Prize in 1985.) /*
*/ /*
*/A paediatrician by training, she has devoted 35 years to an
international campaign //_to educate the public about the health hazards
of nuclear power_//.  Her recent work is summed up by the title of her
book //Nuclear Power Is Not the Answer//./*
*/ /*
*/She is working with the Nuclear Policy Research Institute, which she
founded, to convince Congress that solar and wind power instead can
mitigate global warming./*
*/ /*
*/Caldicott is known for courting controversy, whether by debating with
world leaders, marching naked in the streets of San Francisco, or
implying that Hershey sold radioactive chocolates containing milk
produced near the Three Mile Island disaster.  While she no longer
receives death threats as she did in the 1980s, Caldicott says that just
proves that her voice hasn't been loud enough lately./*
* *
*The nuclear power industry was moribund after Chernobyl and Three Mile
Island, but they spotted _a tremendous opportunity_ when global warming
entered the headlines.*
* *
*They then conducted a propaganda exercise _to the tune of hundreds of
millions of dollars_ that nuclear power is free of emissions and green
and clean - virtually telling mistruths; because nuclear power's main
emission is, of course, _massive quantities of radioactive waste that
pollute food chains and cause cancer for hundreds of millions of years_.*
* *
*If you take the whole fuel chain as one piece, nuclear power produces
large quantities of global warming gases because millions of tons of
rock and ore need to be mined to get the uranium out of the ground.  And
it has to be crushed, using more fossil fuels.*
* *
*At the moment, uranium is enriched at Paducah, Kentucky, where they
have _two 1,500-megawatt filthy, old, coal-fired plants to produce the
electricity to enrich the uranium._  *
* *
*Also, 93% of the CFC 114 gas released in the US is through leaking
pipes at that plant.  CFC not only destroys the ozone (layer) and is
banned under the Montreal Protocol - and the nuclear industry is being
grandfathered from that - but it also is a potent global warmer _10,000
to 20,000 times more potent than carbon dioxide_.  And there are other
such gases released during the production of uranium fuel.*
* *
*When uranium is mined, millions of tons of uranium tailings, emitting
radioactive gas, radon and other such elements, are left lying on the
ground.  That material should be placed back in the ground from whence
it came and the whole area reconstituted.  _But that would use huge
amounts of fossil fuel as well, and also cost the industry so much it
would almost not be worth producing the fuel in the first place._*
* *
*New Technologies?*
*All the talk about new technologies making nuclear power safer, cleaner
and more efficient is another fabric of lies.  The... reactors they're
planning.. .one is the AP-1000 by Westinghouse, which is essentially the
same as the light water reactors that operate today, but cheaper to
build because it has less concrete and steel.  It's been nicknamed the
eggshell reactor and, as such, it's _very dangerous_ and could incur a
major accident or meltdown.*
* *
*A pebble bed reactor has millions of tennis ball-sized spheres of
graphite embedded in which is enriched uranium, and they continually
circulate.  The whole thing is cooled by helium gas.  If there's a leak
of gas, it will be*
*1. incredibly radioactive.*
*2. what burned at Chernobyl was graphite moderating rods, just carbon,
the same stuff you put in pencils.*
*3. it's very flammable.  Already there has been an accident in a pebble
bed reactor in Germany during the time that Chernobyl melted down.*
*4. they're talking about fast reactors.  Now what they would plan to do
is all implicit in a plan called /Global Nuclear Energy Partnership/,
being mooted by the Department of Energy, which is _incredibly
dangerous_.  *
* *
*They plan to make uranium fuel rods, export these to other countries,
then re-import the intensely radioactive waste from those countries
encased in the fuel rods, and melt them down in concentrated nitric
acid.  This is called _reprocessing_.  From that witches' cauldron of
radioactive liquids is removed plutonium 239, which has a half life of
_24,000 years_ and is a fuel for nuclear weapons.*
* *
*These fast reactors are cooled with liquid sodium, an extraordinarily
dangerous material.  If there's a crack in the pipe, liquid sodium
exposed to air either burns or explodes.  You lose your coolant.  Ten
pounds of plutonium is critical mass.  There would be a massive
meltdown, but not just that a huge, huge nuclear explosion, scattering
10 to 15 tons of plutonium to the four winds.  _It's worse than any
science fiction book ever written_, because hypothetically 1 or 2 pounds
evenly distributed throughout the world could _kill most people on Earth
with lung cancer_.*
* *
*The people who would call me alarmist are nuclear engineers, physicists
or businessmen who know _nothing_ about medicine.  Once you know about
biology and genetics and medicine, there's absolutely no debate.*
* *
*Renewables*
*My institute, the /Nuclear Policy Research Institute/, held a
conference in Washington, D.C., called Nuclear Power and Global
Warming.  Dr. Arjun Makhijani has just completed a study which we call
/Roadmap for a Zero-CO2 Energy Future/.  All our electricity can now be
generated by renewables, in which Silicon Valley is investing.  This
could occur by 2040 actually.  Here we have a blueprint for all
electricity production for the United States, which currently produces
25% of the global (carbon dioxide), without any CO2 or nuclear power.*
* *
*The current administration is running out of steam, so to speak.
 Almost certainly a Democrat will be elected president.  The Democratic
Congress now is totally open to this road map.  I've visited Barbara
Boxer whose /Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works/ is very
interested, as is Ed Markey's committee set up by Nancy Pelosi to advise
(John) Dingell's /House Committee on Energy and Commerce/.*
* *
*I think subliminally everyone is deeply concerned about nuclear power,
they all know a terrorist could melt a nuclear power plant down... But
they don't know that nuclear power plants continually emit radioactive
material into the air and water.*
**
*What people need to know is if the Second World War was fought today,
Europe would be uninhabitable _for the rest of time_, because all the
reactors on the European landmass would have melted down because they
would have been attacked... In fact, Sweden got within two minutes of a
meltdown like Chernobyl last July.  Now if that had happened, that would
signal the _end_ of nuclear power.*
* *
*I Took The Hippocratic Oath*
*/"You don't cure one evil by inserting another evil"/*
*I was on the faculty at the Harvard Medical School in the cystic
fibrosis clinic and I miss medicine terribly, but I comfort myself with
the knowledge that I'm practicing global preventive medicine.  I took
the Hippocratic oath.  My vocation is medicine.  I'm obliged therefore
to practise it; that's why I was born, to practice medicine and save
lives.  Because the waste from nuclear power will induce epidemics and
malignancies in children for the rest of time - congenital deformities
and genetic disease.*
* *
*When I'm accused of alarmism or inflating the dangers, I reply that I
can't speak /enough/ to inflate the dangers.  In fact, I under-inflate
the dangers.  I spoke recently to my alma mater at Harvard Medical
School to the best paediatricians in the world, and they were absolutely
astonished and alarmed.  _There is no debate about the medical
consequences_.*
* *
*Our job as doctors is to teach the general public what those dangers
are, as we taught them in the past.*
* *
*It's sort of like going from tobacco to crack.  You don't cure one evil
by inserting another evil... The answers are all there, and the people
in Silicon Valley know that because they're making millions of dollars.
 They call green energy green not because it's green but because it
makes lots of greenbacks.*
* *
*All of which is enormously exciting, and 31 U.S. states now are taking
the lead and moving on green energy.  It's happening /despite/ the White
House and the administration, /despite/ the nuclear and coal companies,
but not fast enough.*
* *
*The output of CO2 increased 3% in the last four years... Normally it
would be 1%.  That's because of China and India.  Things are in a state
of high crisis.  If America wakes up, it can take the lead.  If it
doesn't, one-third of the species on Earth could be extinct in 50 or 100
years.*
* *
*Such massive extinction can only be prevented if we stop driving cars
and burning coal.  If you look at it clearly, we have to stop creating
CO2 now.  People think, oh well, 10, 20 years.  It's _now_.  Things are
so urgent.  And that means no more SUVs, it means covering the parking
lots with solar panels, creating electric cars powered only by solar...*
* *
*Physicists Have Known Sin*
*When I talked with scientists from the Manhattan Project they told me
they later regretted their work.  They felt extraordinary guilt about
vaporizing 220,000 people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and they thought
they could harness atoms for peace using nuclear power.  But they knew
deep in their hearts that plutonium was manufactured in these reactors,
as are 200 other radioactive elements, /all/ of which are carcinogenic.*
* *
*Oppenheimer put it best when he said, at the end of the Manhattan
Project.../"the physicists have known sin." / And then they tried to
/salve/ their guilt by instigating nuclear power... And in truth,
they've been sinning ever since in the nuclear area.*
*up!*
* *
*Judge Threatened After Sentencing Libby*
*The federal judge who refused to delay the start of the prison sentence
for I. Lewis Libby Jr. in the CIA leak case while he appeals his
conviction, said that he had received threatening letters and phone calls.*
*http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/061407R.shtml*
*UP! Don't use no double negatives. [HOW TO WRITE PROPER]*
* *
* *
*WONDERING WHAT THE HELL'S REEEEALLY GOING ON IN GAZA?  GOOD.  YOU
SHOULD BE WONDERING*
*-          ESPECIALY WHEN ALL THE MEDIA ARE POINTING ONE WAY*
*-          AND EVERYONE ELSE IS BEING REPORTED AS "STUPID".*
* *
*Former President and Nobel Peace Prize winner Jimmy Carter accuses the
U.S., Israel and the European Union of seeking to divide the Palestinian
people by reopening aid to President Mahmoud Abbas' new government in
the West Bank while denying the same to the Hamas-controlled Gaza
Strip.  He described the Bush administration's refusal to accept Hamas'
2006 election victory as "/_criminal_/".*
*Far from encouraging Hamas' move into parliamentary politics, Carter
said: /"The United States and Israel decided to punish all the people in
Palestine and did everything they could to deter a compromise between
Hamas and Fatah."  /The U.S. and others supplied the Fatah-controlled
security forces in Gaza with _vastly superior weaponry _in hopes they
would /"conquer Hamas in Gaza"/ - but Hamas routed Fatah in the fighting
because of its /"superior skills and discipline."/*
*up!*
* *
*\)))))(/*
*_______,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,____fraser___*
*I (think) i have finally had about enough of israeli lies, propaganda,
and sheer daily hatred aimed at the muslims.  i (think) i've concluded
that there are only 2 possibilities and they are both dreadful.  *
* *
*1.     The 'zionists' have intended all along to colonise the Middle
East, all the seemingly "open debate" to which they PRETEND is just a
cover, and IT IS THEREFORE POINTLESS TO DISCUSS THINGS WITH THEM ANY
LONGER.  *
* *
*2. Most Israelis (and their supporters) are psychologically UNABLE to
step outside their own cultural/religious bubble and identify with our
Common Human Situation and join the Real World before it is too late.

Either way the Israel situation is increasingly a threat to the whole
world and there is only one way forward:  _the UN must AGREE a fair
solution and IMPOSE & ENFORCE it_.
*
*If i still feel the same when my feelings of grief for the Palestinians
and my sense of shame that i am standing by and doing nothing have
settled down, i hereby undertake to devote the rest of my life to
working towards this goal, and I shall invite every fair and fed-up
person out there to join me.*
* *
*if you're unsure where i'm coming from, check out the articles
following...*
* *
*/"The tragedy of the people of Palestine is that their country was
'given' by a foreign power to another people for the creation of a new
state.  The result was that many hundreds of thousands of innocent
people were made permanently homeless.  With every new conflict their
numbers increased.  How much longer is the world willing to endure this
spectacle of //wanton cruelty//?  It is abundantly clear that the
refugees have every right to the homeland from which they were driven,
and the denial of this right is at the heart of the continuing conflict.
 //_No people anywhere in the world would accept being expelled en masse
from their country_//; how can anyone require the people of Palestine to
accept a punishment which nobody else would tolerate?  A permanent just
settlement of the refugees in their homeland is an essential ingredient
of any genuine settlement in the Middle East".  /Bertrand Russell, 1970.*
*>> 40 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!  all Palestinians up to 60 years old have
spent their entire adult lives imprisoned, humiliated and demonised.*
*up!*
* *
* *
*Bush Doctrine Routed in Gaza*
*A Setback For US/Israel's Sordid Game*
*by Ali Abuminah*
*The core of US strategy in the Southwest and Central Asia, particularly
Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, and Lebanon is to _establish puppet
regimes that will fight America's enemies on its behalf__._  *
* *
*_This strategy seems to be failing everywhere__._  *

    * *The Taliban are resurgent in Afghanistan.  *
    * *Despite its "surge" the US is no closer to putting down the
      resistance in Iraq and cannot even trust the Iraqi army it helped
      set up.  *
    * *The Lebanese army, which the US hopes to bolster as a
      counterweight to Hizballah, has performed poorly against a few
      hundred foreign fighters holed up in Nahr al-Bared refugee camp
      (although it has caused death and devastation to many innocent
      Palestinian refugees).*

***Now in Gaza, the latest blow.*
* *
*The dramatic rout of the US and Israeli-backed Palestinian militias in
Gaza by forces loyal to Hamas represents a major setback to the Bush
doctrine in Palestine.*
* *
*Ever since Hamas won the Palestinian legislative elections in the
occupied territories in January 2006, elements of the leadership of the
long-dominant Fatah movement, including Palestinian Authority chairman
Mahmoud Abbas and his advisors have conspired with Israel, the US and
the intelligence services of several Arab states to overthrow and weaken
Hamas.  *
* *
*This support has included funnelling weapons and tens of millions of
dollars to unaccountable militias, particularly the /"Preventive
Security Force"/ headed by Gaza warlord Mohammad Dahlan, a close ally of
Israel and the US and the Abbas-affiliated /"Presidential Guard." /US
Deputy National Security Advisor Elliott Abrams - who helped divert
money to the Nicaraguan Contras in the 1980s and who was convicted of
lying to Congress in the Iran-Contra scandal - has spearheaded the
effort to set up these Palestinian Contras.  Abrams is also notorious
for helping to cover up massacres and atrocities committed against
civilians in El Salvador by US-backed militias and death squads.*
* *
*Two recent revelations underscore the extent of the conspiracy: on 7
June, /Ha'aretz/ reported that /"senior Fatah officials in the Gaza
Strip have asked Israel to allow them to receive large shipments of arms
and ammunition from Arab countries, including Egypt."  /According to the
Israeli newspaper, Fatah asked Israel for /"armoured cars, hundreds of
armour-piercing RPG rockets, thousands of hand grenades and millions of
rounds of ammunition for small calibre weapons,"/ all to be used against
Hamas.*
* *
*/"A plot to collapse the Palestinian Authority government led by Hamas"
- U.N./*
*For over a year before its election victory, Hamas had halted suicide
attacks on Israeli civilians and had instituted _a unilateral ceasefire
with Israel_.  From the moment of its popular victory, Hamas acted
pragmatically and with the intent to integrate itself into the existing
political structure.  But, in a leaked confidential memo written in May
senior _UN envoy Alvaro de Soto_ confirmed that it was under pressure
from the US that Abbas /refused/ Hamas' initial invitation to form a
/"national unity government."/  De Soto details that Abbas advisers
actively /aided/ and /abetted/ the Israeli-US-European Union aid cut-off
and siege of the Palestinians under occupation, which led to massively
increased poverty for millions of people.  These advisors engaged with
the US in a /"plot to bring about the untimely demise of the
[Palestinian Authority] government led by Hamas,"/ de Soto wrote.*
* *
*Despite a bloody attempted coup against Hamas by the Dahlan-led forces
in December and January, Hamas still agreed to join a /"National Unity
Government"/* with Fatah brokered by *Saudi Arabia at the Mecca summit.
 Dahlan and Abbas' advisers were determined to sabotage this, continuing
to amass weapons, and refusing to place their militias under the control
of a neutral interior minister who eventually resigned in frustration.*
*A Setback For United States And Israel*
*Israel's policy is a local version of the US strategy to _establish
puppet regimes that will fight America's enemies on its behalf._  And it
has also been tried and failed. *
*For over 2 decades Israel relied on a proxy militia, the South Lebanon
Army, to help it enforce the occupation of southern Lebanon. In 2000, as
Israeli forces hastily withdrew, this militia collapsed just as quickly
as Dahlan's forces, and many of its members fled to Israel.  Hamas is
now referring to the rout of Dahlan's forces as a /"second liberation of
Gaza."/*
*A consistent element of Israeli strategy has been to attempt to
circumvent Palestinian resistance by _trying to create quisling
leaderships_.  Into the 1970s, Israel still saw the PLO as representing
true resistance.  So it set up the collaborationist /"village leagues"
/in the West Bank as an alternative.  In 1976, it allowed municipal
elections in the West Bank in an effort to give this alternative
leadership some legitimacy.  But when PLO-affiliated candidates swept
the board, Israel began to assassinate the PLO mayors with car bombs or
force them into exile.  Once some exiled PLO leaders, most notably
Yasser Arafat, became willing subcontractors of the occupation (an
arrangement formalised by the Oslo Accords), a new resistance force
emerged in the form of Hamas.  _Israeli efforts to back Dahlan and
Abbas, Arafat's successor, as quisling alternatives have now backfired
spectacularly._*
*In the wake of the Fatah collapse in Gaza, /Ha'aretz/ reported that
Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert will advise President Bush that Gaza
must be isolated from the West Bank.  This can be seen as an attempt to
shore up Abbas whose survival Israel sees as essential to _maintaining
the fiction that it does not directly rule millions of disenfranchised
Palestinians.  A total collapse of the Palestinian Authority would
expose Israel's legal obligation, as the occupying power, to provide for
the welfare of the Palestinians it rules._*
http://www.counterpunch.org/abuminah06152007.html
up!
Bigger Pro-Peace Constituency In Palestine Than In Israel
63% of Palestinians support full recognition of Israel in return for a
proper Palestinian state according the most recent poll of them
conducted by the /Palestinian Centre for Policy and Survey Research/.
 These supporters of a negotiated peace include, crucially, _a majority
of Hamas supporters_.
58% of Israelis reject the idea of trading land for peace according to a
new Hebrew newspaper /Yediot Aharanot/ poll.
up!

*Welcome to 'Palestine'
**HOW DO WE DEAL WITH A COUP D'ÉTAT
**BY AN ELECTED GOVERNMENT? *
*Robert Fisk / The Independent*
*How troublesome the Muslims of the Middle East are.  First, we demand
that the Palestinians embrace democracy and then they elect the wrong
party - Hamas - and then Hamas wins a mini-civil war and presides over
the Gaza Strip. *
* *
*And we Westerners /still/ want to negotiate with the discredited
President, Mahmoud Abbas.  So, to whom do we talk?  _Well of course, we
should have talked to __Hamas__ months ago_.  But the Palestinian people
were supposed to have voted for Fatah and its corrupt leadership, and
instead they voted for Hamas, which declines to recognise Israel or
abide by the totally discredited Oslo agreement.*
* *
*No one asked - on our side - which particular Israel Hamas was supposed
to recognise.  The Israel of 1948?  The Israel of the post-1967 borders?
 The Israel which builds - and goes on building - _vast settlements for
Jews and Jews only on Arab land_, gobbling up even more of the 22% of
"Palestine" still left to negotiate over ?*
* *
*And so today, we are supposed to talk to our faithful policeman, Mr
Abbas, the /"moderate"/ Palestinian leader (as the BBC, CNN and Fox News
refer to him), a man who wrote a 600-page book about Oslo without once
mentioning the word _"occupation",_ who always referred to Israeli
"redeployment" rather than "withdrawal", a "leader" we can trust because
he wears a tie and goes to the White House and says all the right things. *
*UP!*
* *
*The Palestinians didn't vote for Hamas because they wanted an Islamic
republic - which is how Hamas's bloody victory will be represented - but
because they were tired of the corruption of Mr Abbas's Fatah and the
rotten nature of the "Palestinian Authority".*
* *
*I recall a PA official whose walls had just been punctured by an
Israeli tank shell.  All true.  But what struck me were the gold-plated
taps in his bathroom.  Those taps - or variations of them - were what
cost Fatah its election.  Palestinians wanted an end to corruption -
_the cancer of the Arab world_ - and so they voted for Hamas and thus
we, the all-wise, all-good West, decided to sanction them and starve
them and bully them for exercising their free vote.   *
* *
*All over the Middle East, it is the same.  *
* *

    * *We support Hamid Karzai in Afghanistan, even though he keeps
      warlords and drug barons in his government.  Oh and, by the way,
      we really are sorry about all those innocent Afghan civilians we
      are killing in our "war on terror" in the wastelands of Helmand
      province).*
    * *We love Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, whose torturers have not yet
      finished with the Muslim Brotherhood politicians recently arrested
      outside Cairo, and whose succession will almost certainly pass to
      his son, Gamal.*
    * *We adore Muammar Gaddafi, the crazed dictator of Libya whose
      /"democracy"/ is perfectly acceptable to us because he is on our
      side in the "war on terror".*
    * *Yes, and we love King Abdullah's unconstitutional monarchy in
      Jordan, and all the princes and emirs of the Gulf, especially
      those who are paid such vast bribes by our arms companies that
      even Scotland Yard has to close down its investigations on the
      orders of our prime minister.  *

* *
*If only the Arabs - and the Iranians - would support our kings and
shahs and princes whose sons and daughters are educated at Oxford and
Harvard, _how much easier the "Middle East" would be to control._* **
* *
*It's easy, of course, to call down a curse on both their houses.  But
that's what we say about the whole Middle East!  *

    * *If only Bashar al-Assad wasn't President of Syria (heaven knows
      what the alternative would be) *
    * *If only the cracked President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad wasn't in
      control of Iran (even if he doesn't actually know one end of a
      nuclear missile from the other).*
    * *If only Lebanon was a home-grown democracy like our own.  But no,
      those pesky Middle Easterners vote for the wrong people, support
      the wrong people, love the wrong people, and don't behave like us
      civilised Westerners.*

***So what will we do?  Support the reoccupation of Gaza perhaps?
 Certainly we will not criticise Israel.  And we shall go on giving our
affection to the kings and princes and unlovely presidents of the Middle
East until the whole place blows up in our faces and then we shall say -
as we are already saying of the Iraqis - that they don't deserve our
sacrifice and our love.*
* *
*How do we deal with a coup d'état by an elected government?*
*up!*
* *
*/"I wake up every morning and see 100 Iraqi innocent civilians are
dying.  I have no brief other than to make sure we don't go into another
war or that we go crazy into killing each other.  You do not want to
give an additional argument to //the new crazies who say 'let's go and
bomb Iran.'//" /  Mohammed ElBaradei, Director General, International
Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).*
*up!*
* *
*The Poorest, Most Vulnerable People On Earth,*
*Always Described As A Dangerous "Threat"*
*John Pilger, extracts.*
*The BBC described a /"clash"/ between Palestinian militants and Israeli
F-16 aircraft.*
* *
*Consider one such clash.  The militants' car was blown to pieces by a
missile from a fighter-bomber.  Who were these militants?  In my
experience, /all/ the people of Gaza are /militant/ in their resistance
to their jailer and tormentor. *
* *
*These attacks, reported on Britain's Channel 4 News, were /"targeting
key militants of Hamas"/ and the /"Hamas infrastructure."/  Though this
was the headquarters of the party that won last year's democratic
elections in Palestine, reporting it would give the wrong impression.
 It would suggest that the people in the car and all the others over the
years, the babies and the elderly who*
*have also /"clashed"/ with fighter-bombers, were victims of a monstrous
injustice.  It would suggest the _truth_.*
* *
*/"Some say," /said the Channel 4 reporter, that /"Hamas has courted
this [attack]..."/  Perhaps he was referring to the rockets fired at
Israel from within the prison of Gaza which killed no one.  Under
international law an occupied people has the right to use arms against
the occupier's forces.   This right is never reported.  *
* *
*The Channel 4 reporter referred to an /"endless war," / suggesting
equivalents.  _There is no war_.  There is resistance among _the
poorest, most vulnerable people on earth_ to an enduring, illegal
occupation imposed by _the world's 4th largest military power_, whose
weapons of mass destruction range from cluster bombs to thermonuclear
devices, bankrolled by the superpower. *
* *
*In the past six years alone, wrote the historian Ilan Pappé, /"Israeli
forces have killed more than 4,000 Palestinians, half of them children"./*
*UP! Proofread your work, so you don't leave some out or forget to
finish [HOW TO WRITE PROPER]* *
*
**
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o*
*the UP !is a global edutainment round-up, broadcast weekly to =[13,035]=*
*Alternative// Activist// Zippy// Trance// New Age// Peace folks*
*recommended to the Parallel YOUniversity// Megatripolis Dance Dept**as*
* /"showing signs of life"./  Since recipients forward it widely to
their own lists & sites*
*we conservatively estimate_ 50,000+ _direct recipients.*
*A further 40,000 read it on the YOUniversity's site.*
*And, because of its 'mix' of 'specialist' & 'general' content,*
*   it's increasingly being posted on a variety of sites worldwide,*
*making an estimated total weekly readership of _=[275,000]=_*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o*
* *
*Earth Is Not A 'What'/_// _//_FEEDBACK_/*
*
woolly, incoherent, meandering bollox*
*Yo Scotty...

> >> Our lack of a decent concept-form within which to contain or discuss
her, however, doesn't mean we cannot explore models more alike with
reality than with our 'expectations'.  For example, we can understand
that Earth is a transentient hyperstructure.  Like our own bodies, she
magnifies the diverse relation of her myriad constituents into seemingly
impossible potentials of awareness.*
* *
*Here, Fraser, we have a perfect example of the woolly, incoherent,
meandering bollox that you fall for and repeat.  The words in blue,
transentient hyperstructure actually don't exist, they're made up. *
*>> u always follow the paved road do u?*
* *
*There's a word transient, which means 'lasting a very short time', and
there's another sentient which means 'endowed with feeling and
unstructured consciousness', but not transentient - feelings and
unstructured consciousness which lasts only a short time? *
*>> no, i'd guess (and i admit it's a sorta guess cos this is half
poetry) its trans senses. trans-sentient - feeling in several dimensions
simultaneously.  like a plannit does :)
*
*There is no such word as hyperstructure, although the words hyper [more
active than usual] and structure [a thing constructed] do exist, so a
'more active than usual constructed thing?  Meaningless mumbo jumbo.  *
*>> hyper = beyond or above - a structure that encompasses several other
dimensions or extensions - as in a living plannit.
*
*So Earth is a 'more active than usual constructed thing that has
temporary unstructured consciousness' meaningless innit?*
*>> a multi-dimensional scaffolding via which, as the lady says, the
Goddess (cos i would go much further) magnifies the diverse relation of
her myriad constituents.  as clear as a mere blossom on the Goddess'
arse could hope to envisage, yes?*
*
I could deconstruct all the rest of this piece, but I can't be bothered,
it's just someone sitting at a keyboard typing away with words plopping
onto the page and looking satisfying to her/him, but actually conveying
nothing at all. But presumably pushing all the right levers for you to
think it's profound.*
*see it as music, or poetry as i said.  reality isn't made of logic (tho
that's in there too), note even just negative logic/karma as u might see
it.  inspiration and metabiocomplexity also play their Part.
*
*Biocognitive is another made up word as is scalarly [although scalar
exists, no -ly ending does].*
*so u choose to be confined to the dictionary?!  (in which case the
planet is doomed).  the use is correct.  am glad to see u looked up
scalar, i did too b4 i let it go into the UP!  i could& still can see no
reason against the adverb from the adjective, no rules of grammar had
been offended.
*
*But then I'm unsurprised as, looking at the site, it would seem the
person is obsessive-compulsive, draws lots of pretty pictures with a
geometric pattern program and then adds 'meaningful' words to them as if
it's all connected and this will convey something to readers.  I've met
people like this before, they usually live on welfare in a little room,
and should get out more and meet normal people.  *
*they're also offen artists, poets, meta minds and, yes, lost souls.
*
*Re
that many aspects of morality appear to be hard-wired in the brain, most
likely the result of evolutionary processes that began in other species.
> > don't miss this.  altruism and helping the Big Picture is
evolutionary while Dinos who go for power are anti-evolutionary. *
*
You seem to have missed the point here, fact is [and it's not new
despite what the Washington Post journo thinks] that altruism is
evolutionarily advantageous as it cements groups together, and increases
the chances of individual survival - you help somebody, later when the
chips are down they rescue you from the woolly mammoth.  Power is
another aspect, the more powerful get to survive and pass on their
genes. Ultimately everything is evolutionary, as everything [species]
that exists today, evolved from something else.*
*i was talking about OUR evolution NOW.  and rejecting the usual
interpretation of darwin's machismo which we NO LONGER need.
*
*As for
No one can say whether giraffes and lions experience moral qualms in the
same way people do, but it is known that animals can sacrifice their own
interests: One experiment found that _if each time a rat is given food,
its neighbour receives an electric shock, the first rat will eventually
forego eating._
> > the parallel with today's planetary situation is, well, scary, yet
inspiring. *
* *
*But you don't find it repulsive that rats were given electric shocks by
these torturers, but you do see fit to quote them as if this has some
relevance. Some animal lover you are, if I was Jaunty, I'd be keeping a
weather eye out for when you decide I'm surplus to requirements. *
*>> i'll be surprised if i don't get a few more outraged letters on this
point.  i hardly need to decry the pain on the animals {which is surely
a given in our scene) but i shall make use of the knowledge; for one
thing knowing this about animals is a clincher argument for NOT treating
them like, ah cattle.*
*
My question is more: Do people experience moral qualms the same as
giraffes and lions?  Not sure, even lions don't participate in mass
killings of thousands of their own kind or other species, even lions
don't kill for fun, even lions don't torture and rape their children,
no, on reflection, I don't think hominids do experience moral qualms as
much as other mammals, on the morality front I think we lag way behind
other mammals.  Giraffes are incredibly gentle creatures, superior in
every way.*
*>> we agree!  now extend that image/insight scalarly a million
psychedelic levels and what do u got?!  a living ultra-conscious living
hyper-bio structure that us bugs can scarcely focus :)  how can u doubt
it, after what u just saw about a simple giraffe??!!*
* *
*I could, of course, have added, which is the most moral, the rat which
stopped eating to save its fellow rat from suffering shocks, or the
scientist who continued to give the shocks?*
* *
*>> YO!  good one!! *
*pete password, herefordshire, uk.*
*UP!*
* *
* *
*Dogs At Festivals// /_FEEDBACK_/*
* *
*phrase,***
*i reckon it has something to do with police dogs... can't really use
them if there are other free dogs out and about...*
*Charles Faris, HHC, AADP*
*UP!*
* *
* *
*The General's Report*
*The /New Yorker/'s Seymour Hersh reports that a general who
investigated US troops sexually humiliating Iraqi prisoners at the
notorious Abu Ghraib prison told Pentagon officials, including former
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, about the incidents _before_ the
scandal became public, but Rumsfeld, and other officials, who told
Congress they were unaware about the extent of the abuse, /"are lying to
protect themselves."/*
*http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/061707A.shtml*
*UP!*
* *
*obituary*
*sweet baby james, *
*we all live on with u on the yellow submarine*
*Brother James aka Yellow Submarine, having celebrated his 60th birthday
for 5 days at the Sunrise Festival with elderflower champagne by the
fire with his friends, returned to the Yellow Submarine, his caravan on
the fairground in the Vale of Health on Hampstead Heath, his home for
many years.  There he had a heart attack, was taken by ambulance to the
Royal Free Hospital where he died.

*
*\)))))(/*
*______,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,__fraser___*
*the more they drop around us the less they seem to 'die' but just
'leave the building.  that's how i feel anyway.  like they're out there
in the garden :)*
* *
*funnily enuff (if fun's the right word) i must have sent the following
web address out to a small list of friends & allies around the time that
james 'left the building'.*
*http://www.josephsoninstitute.org/movie_whatwillmatter.html*
* *
*uncanny really, cos it's not at all the kinda ting i do normally.  but
one thing is for sure:  james is doing exactly now what this ting says,
i feel it so strongly, and i KNOW he'll be rather amazed at the lovin'
vibes being displayed by peeps who may have forgotten to tell him when
he was still live & kikking.*
* *
*not that he's no longer live - or i don't believe so.  but he's probly
stopped kikking :)*
*one of the truly loveliest men i have been blessed to know:)*
* *
*and SHAME on michael eavis for not apologising for the 'event' which
had almost broken james' big big heart at glastonbury festival - and
caused permanent damage to his eye.  he discussed it in private with me
several times: he had lost heart.  but i knew in my own heart of hearts
that he would never get any satisfaction from that direction.*
*fraser clark.

*
*James*
*/If anyone earnt the right/*
*/To be coupled in Spirit/*
*/To 'James, the smiling steam engine'/*
*/Then our warm-hearted smiling James/*
*/Pulling his tender/*
*/Yellow snack bar/*
*/Through one chaotic/*
*/Flight after another/*
*/Is the best contender/*
*/I've ever had the joy to meet./*
*/ /*
*/There was no lack of steam/*
*/Surrounding James. He was/*
*/The tropics on wheels./*
*/Full ahead warmth/*
*/Whilst accelerating over/*
*/Another welcoming abyss./*
*/ /*
*/Now I know why that visionary vicar/*
*/Gave us those pictures/*
*/Of laughing steam engines./*
*/He was preparing our souls/*
*/To receive the tempestuous vibes/*
*/Coming from James on the laughing side/*
*/Of this divided, confounding perplexity./*
*neil oram.*
*UP!*
*a l l g o o d t h i n g s c o m e t o a n e n d*
*which don't justify nuttin'*
* *
*U U U U U U U U U U U U U U UP! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
! ! ! !*
*YOUR PLANET NEEDS //YOU! This HipList grows purely by recommendation.*
*SO RECOMMEND SOMEONE 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!*
*YES, YES, SEND US EDUTAINING NEWS'N VIEWS no need to ask! :-)*
*FOR MORE FRASER ON RAVE CULTURE & THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT,
VISIT*
*WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM/fraser
<http://www.parallel-youniversity.com/fraser>*