[pagan-magik] UP! 251// The Coming Peace// 20 05 07

fraser at parallel-youniversity.com fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Sun May 20 18:26:46 BST 2007

    Subject:  	UP! 251// The Coming Peace// 20 05 07
Date: 	Sun, 20 May 2007 04:17:29 +0100
From: 	fraser at parallel-youniversity.com <fraser at parallel-youniversity.com>

*

TURN ON COMPUTER // TUNE IN TO FUNLEASHED SPIRIT OF INTERNET // TAKE OVER! *
*
*
*Your spirit and info are much appreciated. *
*However, I do have concern about the energy efficient light bulbs; *
*at least the ones that are presently being made... *
*they are contaminated with mercury... It's on the label... *
*Johnny Helms (Chet Helms' younger brother *
*peace be upon him) *
*UP! *
*
*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
*
*TEXT JOCKEY // TJ PHRASER (Fraser Clark) & THE MEDIA EVOLUTION *
*MIXING THE TRACTS LIVE ON THE KEYBOARD*
*@ A MEDIA-MEME RATE OF 160 IPP *   * Ideas Per Paragraph*
*_TO SUBSCRIBE SOMEONE_, WRITE I wanna get UP! TO
fraser at parallel-youniversity.com*
*TO UNSUBSCRIBE, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX *
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
*
*  *
*  *
*
*
*/The //Coming// Peace/ *
*/Message from Prime Source:// Children of Light throughout my creation,
I want to prepare you for what will soon come.  We are now close to
achieving peace.  This peace will last forever and ever, through all
millennia./ *
*/ / *
*/Your efforts will help all creation as we begin a new era.  We will
soon forget about what has occurred these past thousands of years, and
only look forward to the //future//./ *
*/ / *
*/My children//, now is the time to be who you truly are.  Live your
life in Love and Light.  Let your Light so shine that others will follow
me.  //Spread Love to all my children//./ *
*Bryan James.
up!

If you want to prove the existence of Goddess, look down at your feet.
You are standing on Her.

Why do you think people throughout the ages, before history to now, have
always bowed their heads in reverence instead of looking up at the sky?

Our very Beings know the truth.
luv
Deborah.  Liverpool.
up!

*
*firethegrid *
*Dear Fraser,
You will like this.  www.firethegrid.com
The story of how this woman survived a fatal car crash with her 4yo son,
and then brought him back to life by following instructions from "beings
of light", who are now instructing her to organise a similar lifesaving
exercise for our planet earth on july 17 at 11:11gmt.
Hope you publish it!
Nicole, Brighton, UK
UP!  Hinduism:  This is the sum of duty; do naught onto others what you
would not have them do unto you.    /Mahabharata 5,1517/

*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
*
*Get UP!  /Stand Up For Your Rights! //(and everybody else's too of
course! :)/*
*///u can't understand the world without innerstanding yourself/*
*//UP!  251 20  05  07*
*/LA- LA- LA- LAP-TOPPLING DA SYSTEM!/*
*///u cant innerstand yourself without understanding the world///*
*//  Get UP!  /And Don't Give Up The Fight! //(only we don't mean
violence, ok? :)/ *
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
*
*FEATURING /exclusive re-writes & re-mixes of da freshest deepest hacks
ancient & modern ,and/ *
*/SAMPLES// from media & mentalities all over, & all bubbling //up!
// from da public DNA Herself!/ *
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
*
*

*
*_contents_... *
*p.03  "sun21" lands in new york! // Solar Power at Half the Cost //
Reach High And Try And Catch The Wind!
p.04  _PROOF_ Bees ARE Dying From GM?
p.06  The Self-Impeaching President
p.07  Our Moral Obligation to _LOSE The War_
p.09  Michael Moore's "Sicko" For Cannes!
p.09  _ecotherapy section - _some health professional telling you to
take all these drugs?  // just laffing would do u more good :)  // Is A
Country Walk Better Than Prozac? // Gurdjieff On Drugs
p.13  The Hippies Were Right!/// FEEDBACK/
UP!

*
*"sun21" Makes Historic Arrival In NYC! *
*Using solar power only, the catamaran "sun21," developed and sponsored
by the Swiss transatlantic21 Association, has just undertaken the first
solar-motorised crossing of the Atlantic to promote the great potential
of this technology for ocean navigation.  The "sun21" made its historic
arrival into New York's North Cove Marina at 3:00pm on 8 May 2007, 3 pm,
having covered about 7000 sea miles.

On this beautiful day the "sun21" crew was happy to have completed the
first transatlantic crossing with a solar powered boat.

"sun21" serves as the shining example of clean energy applications in
practice.  Michel Thonney, its skipper, put it like this: /"I don't
particularly like speeches but I would like to shout out to the world
//- use solar energy!"/
http://www.transatlantic21.org/
up!    //

*
*Solar Power at Half the Cost *
*A new mechanism for focusing light on small areas of photovoltaic
material could make solar power in residential and commercial
applications cheaper than electricity from the grid in most markets in
the next few years.
[Technology Review May 11, 2007]
up!

*
*Reach High And Try And Catch The Wind! *
*by Keay Davidson
Scientists are eyeing the jet stream, an energy source that rages _night
and day, 365 days a year_, just a few miles above our heads.  If they
can tap into its fierce winds, they say the world's entire electrical
needs could be met.

The trick is figuring out how to harness the energy and get it down to
the ground _cost-effectively and safely_.

Dozens of researchers in California and around the world believe huge
kite-like wind-power generators could be the solution.  As bizarre as
that might seem, respected experts say the idea is sound enough to
justify further investigation.

The jet stream typically blows from west to east 6 to 9 miles over the
northern hemisphere at speeds up to _310 mph_.

By lofting generators into the upper atmosphere, scientists theorise,
they could capture the power of the jet stream and transmit the
electricity along cables back to Earth.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/05/07/MNGNEPMD801.DTL
UP!  Buddhism:  Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find
hurtful.   /Udana-Varga/
/5,1/

*
*_PROOF_ Bees ARE Dying From GM? *

*/'We are playing about with genetic structures that existed for
millions of years,
and the experiment is running out of control."/*

*Research by a leading German zoologist has shown that genes used to
genetically modify crops can jump the species barrier, newspapers
reported on Sunday.  A 3-year study by Professor Hans-Heinrich Kaatz at
the /University// of Jena/ found that _the gene used to modify oil-seed
rape had transferred to bacteria living inside honey bees_.  The
findings undermine claims by the biotech industry that genes cannot spread.

They will also increase pressure on farmers across Europe to destroy
fields of oil-seed rape contaminated with GM seeds.  In an interview for
/The Observer/ newspaper, Kaatz said: /"I have found the
herbicide-resistant genes in the rapeseed transferred across to _the
bacteria and yeast inside the intestines of young bees_.  This happened
rarely, but it did happen."/

/The Observer/ said Kaatz was reluctant to talk about his work until it
is officially published and reviewed by fellow scientists.  The reports
come a day after Britain's Agriculture Minister Nick Brown urged farmers
to destroy crops contaminated with genetically modified seeds.  Up to
600 farmers in Britain are believed to have inadvertently planted more
than 30,000 acres of oilseed rape contaminated with GM rape seeds,
supplied by Anglo-Dutch seed company Advanta.  Similar crops have been
planted elsewhere in Europe, including in France, Germany and Sweden.
 The French and Swedish governments have already announced they are
_ordering the uprooting of the crops._

The research is highly significant because it suggests that all types of
bacteria could become contaminated by genes used in genetically modified
technology, including those that live inside the human digestive system.
 If this happened, it could have an impact on the bacteria's vital role
in helping the human body fight disease, aid digestion and facilitate
blood clotting.

Agriculture Minister Nick Brown confirmed the potential significance of
Kaatz's research.  He said: /'If this is true, then it would be very
serious.'/

The 47-year-old Kaatz's reluctance to talk about his research until it
has been published in a scientific journal is because he fears a
backlash from the scientific community similar to that faced by Dr Arpad
Pustzai, who claimed that genetically modified potatoes damaged the
stomach lining of rats and was sacked and discredited.

Dr Mae-Wan Ho, geneticist at /Open University/ and a critic of GM
technology, has no doubts about the dangers.  She said: /'These findings
are very worrying and provide the first real evidence of what many have
feared.  Everybody is keen to exploit GM technology, but _nobody is
looking at the risk of horizontal gene transfer_./
/ /
/'We are playing about with genetic structures that existed for millions
of years and the experiment is running out of control.'/  One of the
biggest concerns is if the anti-biotic resistant gene used in some GM
crops crossed over to bacteria.  /'If this happened it would leave us
unable to treat major illnesses like meningitis and E coli .'/

Kaatz, who works at the respected Institute for Bee Research at the
University of Jena in Germany, built nets in a field planted with
genetically modified rapeseed produced by AgrEvo.  He let the bees fly
freely within the net.  At the beehives, he installed pollen traps in
order to sample the pollen from the bees' hind legs when entering the
hive.  This pollen was fed to young honey bees in the laboratory.
 Pollen is the natural diet of young bees, which need a high protein
diet.  Kaatz then extracted the intestine of the young bees and
discovered that the gene from the GM rape-seed had been transferred in
the bee gut to the microbes.
http://rense.com/general76/gent.htm
up!

*
*An Organic View On Colony Collapse Disorder *
*I'm on an organic beekeeping list of about 1,000 people, mostly
Americans, and no one in the organic beekeeping world, including
commercial beekeepers, is reporting colony collapse disorder (CCD).

The problem with the big commercial guys is that they put pesticides in
their hives to fumigate for varroa mites, and they feed antibiotics to
the bees.  They also haul the hives by truck all over the place to make
more money with pollination services, which stresses the colonies.
> > yes, this is one of the most scary things i've discovered since
tracking the Great Bee Disaster - how they truck whole colonies around
the country.

And yet, though most of us beekeepers are fighting with the Varroa
mites, I'm happy to say that I don't have any such problems.  WHY?

_It's mostly because I've gone to natural sized cells._  In case you
weren't aware, and I wasn't for a long time, the foundation in common
usage results in much larger bees than what you would find in a natural
hive.  I've measured sections of natural worker brood combs that are
4.6mm in diameter.  What most people use for worker brood is 5.4mm in
diameter.  If you translate that into 3 dimensions instead of 1, it
produces a bee that is about half as large again as is natural.

On the other hand, by letting the bees build natural sized cells, I have
virtually eliminated my Varroa and Tracheal mite problems.  One cause of
this is shorter capping times by one day, and shorter post-capping times
by one day.  This means less Varroa get into the cells, and less Varroa
reproduce in the cells.

Why should anyone be surprised that the major media reports forget to
tell us that the dying bees are actually hyper-bred varieties that we
coax into a larger than normal body size?  _It sounds just like the beef
industry_, and all the rest.  And, have we here a solution to the
vanishing bee problem?

Although a not uncommonly held opinion is that, since this new pattern
of bee colony collapse seems to have struck from out of the blue, there
must be a _triggering agent_, it is more likely that some biological
limit in the bees has been crossed.  There is no shortage of evidence
that we have been fast approaching this limit for some time.

_We've been pushing them too hard_, Dr. Peter Kevan, an associate
professor of environmental biology at the University of Guelph in
Ontario, told the CBC.  And we're _starving_ them out by feeding them
artificially, and by _moving them great distances_.  Given the stress
commercial bees are under, Kevan suggests CCD might be caused by
parasitic mites, or long cold winters, or long wet springs, or
pesticides, or genetically modified crops.  Maybe it's all of the above...
UP!  Christianity:  All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to
you, do ye so to them;
for this is the law and the prophets.   /Matthew 7:1/

*
*The Self-Impeaching President *
*Now Needs Help From We the People *
*by Steve Bhaerman aka Swami Beyondananda *
*At the beginning of the year, I wrote an article on the
/"Self-Impeaching President"/ suggesting that George Bush seemed
incapable of any flexibility and would inevitably isolate himself beyond
right field.  I also suggested that impeachment was rightly /"off the
table"/ as part of a /partisan/ movement, but would be /"on the table"/
_when a critical mass of people understood how intractably criminal this
Administration was and is._

The formerly uncritical masses are about to reach critical mass as the
realisation sinks in just how different this regime is from anything
America has experienced up until now.  In any democratic government
anywhere in the world, Gonzales would be /"gone."/  He'd have tendered
his resignation for the good of the country, the party and the
President.  But not here, and not now.  This Administration plans to
barricade itself behind the stonewall.  They are challenging the people
to bring down the wall, _and now it's time to face that challenge_.

If we are successful in /"overgrowing"/ this regime through a
non-violent evolution restoring we the people to power, /we will stand
as an inspiration to the entire world. / INDEED, THE WORLD WILL NEVER BE
THE SAME BECAUSE WE WILL HAVE THE GENUINE MORAL AUTHORITY THAT COMES
FROM LEADING BY EXAMPLE.

_We might actually be able to coax democracy around the world __from the
grassroots up__ instead of trying to __enforce mockracy from the top down_.

MoveOn.org <http://www.moveon.org/> is now officially soliciting views
from their membership regarding impeaching our current misleadership.
 Please go here and voice your choice:
http://pol.moveon.org/bushsurvey/a.html?id=10229-4599041-uA6iZW&t=1
<http://pol.moveon.org/bushsurvey/a.html?id=10229-4599041-uA6iZW&t=1>
Please send it along to others too.

The Democrats won't do it without pressure from below, the press is
still acting as if this Administration is legitimate, so the only way we
can restore our republic is through _grassroots action_.  __
up!

Carter Attacks Blair's Iraq Role
Ex President Jimmy Carter has criticised outgoing British Prime Minister
Tony Blair  on the BBC for his /"blind/" support of the war in Iraq.  He
described Mr Blair's backing for George W Bush as/ "apparently
subservient"./

He said the UK's /"almost undeviating"/ support for /"the ill-advised
policies of President Bush in Iraq had //been// a major tragedy for the
world"./

Had Mr Blair distanced himself from the Bush policy during the run-up to
the 2003 invasion _it might have made a crucial difference to American
political and public opinion_.

/"One of the defences of the Bush administration... has been, okay, we
must be more correct in our actions than the world thinks _because Great
Britain is backing us_./
/ /
/"So I think the combination of Bush and Blair giving their support to
this tragedy in Iraq has strengthened the effort, made the opposition
less effective, //_prolonged the war_//,/ /and increased the tragedy
that has resulted."/

The war had /_"caused deep schisms on a global basis"_/_,_ he said, and
he hoped Mr Blair's successor, Gordon Brown, would be less enthusiastic
in his support for it.
up!

*
*Our Moral Obligation to _LOSE The War_ *
*by Robert Shetterly
Every act has moral and immoral potential.

The immense immorality of the choice to attack Iraq, and to base that
choice in lies, propaganda, and fear is hardly news now.  But the fact
that, above all else, it was a _moral_ choice means that /another/ moral
choice is possible.  And only one choice would atone for the original.

This war will not end until the funding is cut off.  Anyone who'd
continue the funding to /"support the troops"/ is really telling you
that, once you make a moral mistake, keep making it, and that those who
pay with their blood for your mistake are grateful for the support.
 Such logic is also somehow maintaining that policy is made by
/soldiers/, not by the people, the Congress and the President.

None of the offered plans now before us to de-escalate the war disavow
what we all know to be its original goals - _control of Iraq's oil and
the building of large, permanent US military bases in Iraq_.  Nor do any
of these bills address the central issue of accountability, the fact
that _this war is a war crime, a crime against our democracy, our
Constitution, the Iraqi people, international law, and our own
soldiers_.  Without accountability, our democracy is meaningless.
 Without moral action, our claim to integrity and respect are meaningless.

Our obligation as citizens is not to play political games with the
Democrats or Republicans to help them re-position for the next election.
 Our obligation is to demand that the laws and ideals of this country be
upheld.  The Iraq War problem is not that we are losing it and need a
better strategy.  It's that _we have no moral right to win it!_  As bad
as the colossal mismanagement, greed and corruption are, they are not
the true issue.  Betrayal of the public trust is the issue.
 _Pre-meditated murder is the issue._

The only good that may come from this disgraceful time in our history
will be the honest acknowledgement of how and why the country was
misled, followed by punishment for those responsible.  Without that
justice, we will learn nothing and be easy prey for the next abuse of
power.

It's horrible to think that our soldiers have died and been injured in
vain.  However, if we demand accountability, demand impeachment,
_something honest will have been redeemed_.  All that blood may form the
bulwark against future abuse.  In a sense _freedom will have been won,
democracy will have been affirmed, justice will have been established
--- here._

No one can tell what will happen when the US withdraws - though many
/did/ predict the chaos of insurgency & sectarianism.  But whatever
happens, it will be made easier _if we involve international
peacekeepers, remove our bases, forego any claim to the oil, and pay
reparations._
> > which, of course, the UP! has been promulgating for the last 3 years.

The war is and will continue to be a moral/legal catastrophe.  But since
we precipitated it, we can't pretend we want to protect the Iraqis from
it!  We can't.  We're the cause of it.

This administration has acted from a position that denigrates human
rights, legal rights, moral rights, privacy, civil, women's,
environmental, worker's and children's rights.  Our only hope is to
_demand our rights, our rights as citizens, our rights to our ideals,
our rights to a sense of morality_.

The destruction of a small village in Vietnam was once explained away by
our military as a village that had to be destroyed in order to save it.
 That perversity became symbolic of the entire war.  Accurately. the War
on Iraq should now be described as _a war that must be lost in order to
save America_.  That is our moral obligation.
> > and george bush will have made this moral evolution possible!!!
thankyou, george.  now here, let me give u a hand onto the Fossil Shelf.
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/05/10/1106/
UP!
> > i agree totally with this document.  i'd go much further.  the best
hope for the planet (meaning everyone) right now is that the Dino Elite
fails totally _and is seen to fail totally by the whole planet_.  their
dino presence must be removed from planetary culture forever.  the human
species can no longer afford such attitudes & behaviour.  they must be
forced from the stage in MAXIMUM SHAME.
UP!  Islam:  *No one of you is a believer until he desires for his
brother that which he desires for himself. *  /Sunnah/

*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o
*
* the UP! is a global edutainment round-up, broadcast weekly to =[14,007]=*
*Alternative// Activist// Zippy// Trance// New Age// Peace folks*
*recommended to the Parallel YOUniversity// Megatripolis Dance Dept as*
* /"showing signs of life"./  Since recipients forward it widely to
their own lists & sites*
*we conservatively estimate _50,000+_ direct recipients.*
*A further 40,000 read it on the YOUniversity's site.*
*And, because of its 'mix' of 'specialist' & 'general' content,*
*   it's increasingly being posted on a variety of sites worldwide,*
*making an estimated total weekly readership of _=[275,000]=_ *
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o
*
*

*
*Michael Moore's "Sicko" For Cannes! *
*It's a wrap!  Mike's new film, "Sicko," will have its world premiere at
the Cannes Film Festival.  As with /"Bowling for Columbine"/ and
/"Fahrenheit 9/11,"/ it's been chosen to screen there.

Mike's intention was to keep "Sicko" under wraps before its premiere in
Cannes, and he's been very silent about what he's been up to.  In part,
that's because he was working very hard to complete the film, but his
silence was also because /_"I knew that the health care industry - which
makes up 15%+ of America's GDP - was not going to like much of what they
were going to see in this movie and I thought it best not to upset them
any sooner than need be."_/

Well, going quietly to Cannes was not to be.   For some strange reason,
on May 2^nd , the Bush administration initiated an action over how Mike
obtained some of the content they believe is in his film.  Since none of
them have actually /seen/ the film (or so he hopes!), they clearly
decided, unlike with /"Fahrenheit 9/11,"/ not to wait until the film was
too far down the road to begin their attack.

This pre-emptive action by the Bush administration on the eve of the
"Sicko" premiere concerns a trip he took to Cuba to film scenes
involving a group of 9/11 rescue workers suffering from illnesses
obtained from work at Ground Zero who have received little or no help
with their health care from the government.  It led Mike's attorneys to
fear for the safety of the film, noting that Bush's Treasury Secretary,
Henry Paulson, may try to claim that the content of the movie was
obtained through a violation of the US trade embargo and travel laws
that prohibit average citizens from travelling to Cuba.  (Since the law
does not prohibit anyone from exercising their _first amendment right of
a free press_, documentaries are protected works of journalism.)
/ /
/"All I've done is violate the modern-day rule of journalism" /complains
an incredulous Mike Moore, /"The one that says Ask no questions of those
in power or your luncheon privileges will be revoked."/

A dissection of the U.S. health-care system, "Sicko" was inspired by a
segment on Moore's TV show /"The Awful Truth,"/ in which he staged a
mock funeral outside a health-maintenance organisation that had declined
a pancreas transplant for a diabetic man.  The HMO later relented.

At last September's Toronto International Film Festival, Moore previewed
footage shot for "Sicko", presenting stories of _personal health-care
nightmares_.  One scene showed a woman who was denied payment for an
ambulance ride after a head-on collision because it was not pre-approved.

The timing of the investigation is reminiscent of the firestorm that
preceded the Cannes debut of /"Fahrenheit 9/11,"/ which won the
festival's top prize in 2004.  The /Walt Disney Co/. refused to let
subsidiary /Miramax/ release the film because of its political content,
prompting /Miramax/ bosses Harvey and Bob Weinstein to release
/"Fahrenheit 9/11"/ on their own.

The Weinsteins later left /Miramax/ to form the /Weinstein Co.,/ which
is releasing "Sicko".
MichaelMoore.com.
up!

*
*_ecotherapy section_ *
*_ _
*
*some health professional telling you u gotta *
*chemical imbalance and need to take these drugs? *
*check this shocking truth -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b30iwhEw9ho
up!

*
*just laffing would do u more good :) *
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp-oJhBxn6o
up!

*
*_or a walk in the park?_ *
*Is A Country Walk Better Than Prozac? *
* by Patrick Barkham/The Guardian
The walkers I passed looked deliriously happy despite foul weather.
 They were probably sniggering at my jogging style, but research for the
charity /Mind/ has found that people do _feel less depressed after a
country walk_.

A stroll in a park increased self-esteem in 90% of a group of people
suffering from depression and 71% reported decreased levels of
depression.  After a walk through a shopping centre, 44% said their
self-esteem had dropped, and 22% felt more depressed.

Yet more anti-depressant prescriptions than ever were issued in the UK
last year.  /Mind/ wants the medical establishment to instead consider
/"ecotherapy",/ restoring health through contact with nature, such as
exercise in a "green" setting, working on farms or structured contact
with animals.

"It is a credible, clinically valid treatment option," says /Mind/'s
chief executive, Paul Farmer.  /"The debate needs to be broadened."/

Scientific research is clear on the health benefits of nature.  US
scientists found that hospital patients with a view of greenery recover
more quickly than those who can only see buildings.  The UK government's
chief medical officer said in a report that /"physical activity is
effective in the treatment of clinical depression and can be as
successful as psychotherapy or medication."/

More than 31 million anti-depressant prescriptions were issued in the UK
last year.

Won't patients feel fobbed off if their GP tells them to get some
exercise?  Jules Pretty, professor of environment and society at Essex
University, believes doctors could prescribe a structured daily
/"lifestyle plan"./  /"Taking pills seems easier,"/ he says, /"but
shouldn't we be thinking not just about 'silver bullet' solutions?"/
> > see video above.  no psychiatric 'disease' has EVER been solved by
modern psychiatry.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2079610,00.html
up!
> > and you know something?  whenever someone tells me that this new
kinda marijuana causes mild schizophrenia i reply:  well what do u think
a stint in iraq does?"

*
*Pentagon Survey Exposes Deep Demoralisation *
*Of Us Occupation Troops *
*Support for torture, routine abuse of Iraqi civilians *
*by Kate Randall *
*With the US war in Iraq in its 5th year, more than a third of the
American soldiers deployed there _condone the torture of captured
Iraqis_.  When torture could result in coerced information, 36%/39% of
soldiers/marines support it.  And when torture is seen as preventing the
death of a fellow soldier, that rises to 41%/44%.

And it's all in a Pentagon report on the mental health of US troops
deployed in /Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF)/.  The /Mental Health
Advisory Team (MHAT)/ report surveyed 1,320 soldiers and 447 marines
between August and October 2006.  The survey data was issued internally
on November 17, but was only made public last Friday, a month after
tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan were extended from 12 months to 15
months.
> > the post Dinosaur era we have now entered will be plagued by this
karma for a generation :(

Depression, anxiety, alcoholism, post-traumatic stress disorder, marital
problems and suicide, these mental health and personal problems are
shown to directly influence the attitudes US soldiers hold toward the
Iraqi population - resulting in /_increasing_/ levels of terror and
brutality meted out to civilians.

/"Should All Non-Combatants Be Treated With Dignity And Respect?"/
Less than half of soldiers agreed.  Close to a third reported they had
insulted or cursed at non-combatants.  12%/9% of marines/soldiers said
they had unnecessarily damaged or destroyed Iraqi property; 7%/9%
marines/soldiers said they had physically hit or kicked civilians.

Taken together, these figures reveal _literally hundreds of thousands of
abusive incidents by US troops_, humiliating and beating civilians,
destroying their homes and inflicting outright torture.  Since the
self-reporting of such sadistic and illegal activity /must/
substantially underestimate the real scope of the violence and cruelty,
this report helps explain the broad popular support in Iraq for armed
resistance to US forces.

That the /majority/ of 170,000 American troops now deployed in Iraq
believe Iraqi men, women and children have no right to be treated /"with
dignity and respect"/ means that the American occupation force _sees the
entire population as its enemy and treats it accordingly._

The Baghdad operation is sending more troops out into neighbourhoods
where they face an increasingly hostile population.  Almost every
soldier interviewed by the MHAT survey in 2006 reported being shot at by
snipers, and more than three quarters reported being in situations where
they thought they could be seriously injured or killed.  This can only
be increasing under the "surge," with corresponding violence against
civilians.
up!

*
*Gurdjieff On Drugs *
*/"There is another question which interests me very much"/ I said.
/"There are substances which yogis take to induce certain states.  Might
these not be, in certain cases, //narcotics?  I have myself carried out
a number of experiments in this direction and everything I have read
about magic proves to me quite clearly that all schools at all times and
in all countries have made a very wide use of narcotics for the creation
of those states which make 'magic' possible."/
/ /
/"Yes" /said G./  //"In many cases these substances are those which you
call 'narcotics'.  But they can be used in entirely different ways.
There are schools which make use of them in the right way.  People in
these schools take them for self-study, in order to take a look ahead,
to know their possibilities better, to see beforehand what can be
attained later as the result of prolonged sell-work.  When a man sees
this and is convinced that what he has learned theoretically really
exists, he then works consciously, he knows where he is going.
Sometimes this is the easiest way of being convinced of the real
existence of those possibilities which man often suspects in himself./
/ /
/"There is a special chemistry relating to this.  There are particular
substances for each function.  Each function can either be strengthened
or weakened, awakened or put to sleep.  But to do this a great knowledge
of the human machine and of this special chemistry is necessary.  In all
of these schools which make use of this method experiments are carried
out only when they are really necessary and only under the direction of
experienced and competent men who can foresee all results and adopt
measures against any possible undesirable circumstances./
/ /
/"The substances used in these schools are not merely 'narcotics' as you
call them, although many of them are prepared from such drugs as opium,
hashish and so on./
/ /
/"Besides schools in which such experiments are carried out, there are
other schools which use these or similar substances, not for experiment
or study, but to attain definite desired results, if only for a short
time.  Through a skilful use of such substances a man can be made very
clever or very strong, for a certain time.  Afterwards, of course, he
dies or goes mad, but that is not taken into consideration.  Such
schools also exist.  So you see that we must speak very cautiously about
schools.  They may do practically the same things but the results will
be quite different."/
/ /
I was deeply interested in everything G said.  I felt in it some new
points of view, unlike any I had met with before.
[P.D.Ouspensky: '/In Search Of The Miraculous.'/]
UP!  Confucianism:  Do not do to others what you would not like
yourself.  Then there will be no resentment against you, either in the
family or in the state.   /Analects 12:2/

Bring back the warp.  sweet memories of sunday morning with our little
one mesmerised by it all.

Thanks for all the UP!s they are always a fascinating read.

Love , light peace & JOY
vini, bristol, uk
UP!  Taoism:  Regard your neighbour's gain as your gain, and your
neighbour's loss as your own loss.   /Tai Shang Kan Yin P'ien/

*
*The Hippies Were Right!/// FEEDBACK/ *
*
Of course the 'hippies' were right.  The hippy movement started with
intellectuals, scientists and artists on university campuses around the
world.  It stands to reason they would have been ahead of their time.
David Bosankoe, Big Sur, California.
> > u make it sound so simple.  so wot were those 2 decades of sneering
and put downs about?  the digestion process?  yeah, right!
up!
Fuck that! - THE HIPPIES _ARE_ RIGHT! and you know it - so get over it
and on with it......
dj lookwood, london.
> > heh heh quite right.  thanks.
up!

love your obsession/compassion.  don't giv up da fight - u know u
totally right.
luv u always.
kaz, brixton.  xxxxxxxx
up!

YEAH!  TESTIFY!!!
johnnyfaith, chicago.
up!

We found a book put out by the Department of Health and Human Services
called /Correlates and Consequences of Marijuana/, with about 100
government studies on the 'erb.  The studies find there's a certain
personality type that's more likely to smoke marijuana, [someone] who's
_creative, broad-minded, fun, smart, literate, usually college-bound_.
Debbie Goldsberry, Cannabis Action Network, Almora, UP, India.
up!

Nice try, Fraser.
I too old to have been a hippie and too young to have been a beatnik.
Learned organic eating/gardening from my granduncle, from my mother et
al.  People old enough to have had kin who lived through the "dirty
thirties" had to learn about "making do" (aka re-use, recycle, etc) and
anyone who survived the oil crunch back in the 1970s knows we need
better cheaper faster public transit far more than we need "more energy
efficient" cars.

But if what you're saying is we need a new kind of "cultural revolution"
based on so-called "hip" thinking, I'd have to agree.

Even the US Army is starting to compost.  And the Tucson AZ Sunday paper
ran an article saying that we could feed the whole world if we'd support
organic farming globally rather than mega-agribusiness.
cello, virginia.
UP!  Zoroastrianism:  That nature alone is good which refrains from
doing to another whatsoever is not good for itself.   /Dadisten-I-dinik,
94,5/

*
*flow of propaganda?/// _FEEDBACK_/ *
*
Dear UP,
I too have received "anti-muslim" spam, and worse, visited the
"military" websites to see how those guys - or their PR directors -
think.  And I saw what can only be called "snuff porn" featuring Marines
blowing away Iraqi women and children.

On one hand, there are /"Jews"/ like myself, Bill Blum, Norman Solomon
etc. who are about as /"Jewish"/ as they are "Buddhist" or whatever;
> > yeah, like i'm a scottish presbyterian, right.

that is, they were born of Jewish parents and considered, usually by
Zionists and Nazis, to be /"Jews."/   Same with Xtians and any other
/"religion."/  But while I know for a fact that writers like myself,
Blum, Solomon etc. prove that /"not all Jews are Zionists,"/ this
remains so only on the web or in leftist political circles.  If I had
/"followed the path laid out by me"/ like the doctors, lawyers and
accountants I grew up with, I would be, I assume, /"Israel Uber Alles."/

So, one point I've always argued against, that /"most Jews"/ support
Israel, no matter what crimes it commits, might actually be true.
Besides the fact that I'm not really /"Jewish"/ in that I'm an atheist
who knows no Hebrew and hasn't been in a Synagogue since my enforced Bar
Mitzvah - _they literally threatened me with Military School if I didn't
knuckle under to Authority_ - those upper-middle-class to wealthy
/"former classmates"/ of mine are probably no more /"god fearing"/
Their /"religion"/ is Israel.  That's a sobering and alienating
realization.  But from what I've seen, it's true...
Adam. New York.
UP!  Judaism:  What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellowman.
 This is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary.  /Talmud, Shabbat 3id/

Beam me UP! Scottie!
Niall McDevitt, London.
> > luvvit!  :D
UP!  A Pushto proverb:  Don't do good and there won't be evil.  :\

*
*a l l g o o d t h i n g s c o m e t o a n e n d *
*which don't justify nuttin' *
*
*
*u u u u u u u u u u u u up! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !*
*YOUR PLANET NEEDS //YOU! This HipList grows purely by recommendation.*
*SO RECOMMEND SOMEONE 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!*
* YES, YES, SEND US EDUTAINING NEWS'N VIEWS no need to ask! :-)*
*FOR MORE FRASER ON RAVE CULTURE & THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT,
VISIT*
*WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM/fraser
<http://www.parallel-youniversity.com/fraser>*
*TO UNSUBSCRIBE, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX *
*u u u u u u u u u u u u up! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! *
*  /
/*