[Pip] Meeting next monday

Jase spodulike at freeuk.com
Fri Feb 25 02:13:19 GMT 2005

Just a note that we agreed at the impromteu meeting last Friday to move the
date of Peace in the Park to another w/end, sure everyone on this list knows
that but was thinking it may be good to get a short email out to the
announcement list to sum up the state of affair etc

Also, the Zimbabwean dance group can do all dates apart from June 18th and
July 9th. They can do workshops in schools and community centres but that
would need extra funding.

Charlie at Sheffield Samba knows a few of the people in Norfolk Park centre if
we want to make links there, will hang on till there's a decision tho', she
says they're lovely, so all is good:)

The problem with picking a time for the fest is that, as people have pointed
out, it will always clash with summat, so a combination of the maximum number
of people around, a good lead in time for funding and making links, and the
restrictions of when we can get whichever park we want etc, would be the main
things. That said keeping local community groups happy and feeling involved is
important also, hence the move, ola. On dates:

18th June - grenoside gala and dragon boat racing in crookes valley park
25th June
2nd July - Make Poverty History protests (G8 in week following)
9th July - Sharrow festival
16th July - Green fair
23rd July
30th July
6th Aug
13th Aug
20th Aug
27th Aug - (Sheffield fayre in Norfolk Park 28th and 29th
http://www.eventplan.co.uk/Sheff%2004%20intro.htm)
3rd Sept
10th Sept

Would say sharrow fest and the green fair are the only events it would be
really good not to clash with. Any more to be added to this?

Jason