[Pip] Re: Peace in the Park Planning Meeting 14th March

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Wed Mar 2 08:43:52 GMT 2005

Hi!

Dan here.  Just a couple of things:

1. We do already have an internal discussion list (which I thought was
different from the announcement peaceinthepark2005 yahoo list...?)

Anyone not subscribed (and you all should be!) can do so by filling in
the subscribe details on this form:

And for those of you already subscribed - just send an e-mail to
pip at lists.aktivix.org - go on, give it a try!

2. Someone's mentioned to me that it might still be on the 11th June.
That would be wicked!  But that's because I'm biased towards the G8
stuff!  Is this going to still be open for discussion on the 14th?
Who's deciding?  Can I lobby them!?

On the other hand - and this is worth considering - getting PiP *too*
enmeshed in the G8 stuff could present problems for the festival.  18th
might be better because it's post-ministers.  I've heard from someone
that all police leave has been cancelled for the mini-G8 summit in
Sheffield - perhaps we don't actually want a million police crawling
around the festival looking for terrorists!

On the other hand, it is after all *peace* in the park...

That's all I guess!

p.s. Got a bit of funding for doing pip-and-global-politics-related work
in schools.  Anyone wanting to get involved in school workshops, get in
touch.  (Tried phoning Jenny, can't get through!)

love

Dan
----