[Pip] Re: Peace in the Park Planning Meeting 14th March

Jase spodulike at freeuk.com
Thu Mar 10 23:45:32 GMT 2005

Hello all (:?) apols if you get this three times but don't think things are
too organised with regards to lists yet...

Any confimation of when and where?

Think the announcement about the Monday meeting needs to go out asap.

The callout poster is done and is at:
http://www.peaceinthepark.freeuk.com/articles.htm
I'll bring along a few copies to the meet, updated as needed.

Agreed breaking into groups would be best, one concern is there seemed to be
several different things people wanted out of this which may tie in which each
other. Workshops, Fundraising, Music, Politics may all be kind of
interdependant but have to go on priority. Suggested agenda:

7:30pm Meet and introduction to the evening, outline the breakout groups.
Suggest two groups with the themes:
7:45 1: Workshops, community outreach. Task for the meeting to either nominate
a person responsible for co-ordinating the workshops - or - if no one person
can take that responsibility, working out how the group can split
responsibility and keep in touch to ensure that the workshops happen. Then the
remainder of the time going through workshop options, sharing ideas etc. How
will workshop group work with community outreach, what possibility is there
for community groups to share skills - encouraging groups from say Broomspring
to go to Upperthorpe and visa versa. How will workshops go to schools etc.
What about workshops on political issues.
7:45 2: Fundraising, funding applications. Task for the meetings to nominate a
person responsible for co-ordinating fundraising - or - if no one person can
take that responsibility, working out how the group can split responsibility
and ensure that fundraisers do happen. The remainder of the time going through
fundraising options, sharing ideas etc.
9pm Back to main group for report on what has been decided, liasing between
fundraising group and workshop group.
9:25 Summary and BIG HUG.

I'll bring along a couple o' A3 pads and some coloured pens (unless someone's
already got some) so ideas can be jotted down. We also need facilitators for
the workshops to make sure things run smoothishly. I'm happy to do one as have
done before. One thing I would say is small is beautiful as far as groups are
concerned, I think a group of four people can acheive more than a group of
eight in a short space of time, so a brainstorm where the groups break into
smaller groups or even pairs to discuss options would be more productive given
the time we have.

Any thoughts welcome, cheers,

Jason