[Project-fallujah] Guernica & Doujinshi Comics

Adam Moran adam at diamat.org.uk
Thu Dec 1 12:40:45 GMT 2005

   "Doujinshi are also comics
    But they are a kind of copycat comic
    A rich ethic governs the creation of doujinshi

    It is not doujinshi
    If it is *just* a copy

    The artist must make a contribution
    To the art s(he) copies
    By transforming it
    Either subtly
    Or significantly.

    A doujinshi comic
    Can thus take the mainstream comic
    And develop it differently
    With a different story line

    Or the comic can keep the character
    In character
    But change its look
    [ Its Aisthesis ]
    Slightly .... "

    [ http://www.free-culture.cc/freeculture.pdf, p39 ]

Wilderness : Komackino Bootleg
------------------------------

    I traveled far and wide through many different times,
    What did you see there ?
    I saw the Saints with their toys,
    What did you see there ?
    I saw all knowledge destroyed.
    I traveled far and wide through many different times.

    I traveled far and wide through prisons of the cross,
    What did you see there ?
    The power and glory of sin,
    What did you see there ?
    The blood of Christ on their skins,
    I traveled far and wide through many different times.

    I traveled far and wide and unknown martyrs died,
    What did you see there ?
    I saw the one sided trials,
    What did you see there ?
    I saw the tears as they cried,
    They had tears in their eyes,
    Tears in their eyes,
    Tears in their eyes,
    Tears in their eye.

http://www.enkiri.com/joy/records/records_jd_unofficial.html

( Taking the "J" out of "Joy" )

The Declination of the Atom from the Straight Line

   "If y'all know this song
    Don't be afraid to sing along" - P.D.

Since s(he) is moving in the domain of immediate being, all
determinations are immediate. Opposite determinations are therefore
opposed to one another as immediate realities.

But the *relative existence* which confronts the atom, *the mode of
being which it has to negate* is *the straight line*. The immediate
negation of this motion is *another motion*, which, therefore, spatially
conceived is the *declination from the straight line*.

The atoms are purely self-sufficient bodies or rather bodies conceived
in absolute self-sufficiency, like the heavenly bodies. Hence, again
like the heavenly bodies, they move not in the straight, but in oblique
lines:

    *The motion of falling is the motion of non-self-sufficiency.*

If Epicurus therefore represents the materiality of the atom in
terms of its motion along a straight line, he has given reality to its
form-determination in the declination from the straight line, and
these opposed determinations are represented as directly opposed
motions.

*Lucretius* therefore is correct when he maintains that the
declination breaks the *fati foedera* [a], and, since he applies this
immediately to consciousness, it can be said of the atom that the
declination is that something in its breast that can fight back and
resist.

But when Cicero reproaches Epicurus that,

   "He does not even attain the goal for which he made all this up !

    For if all the atoms declined
    None of them would ever combine
    Or some would deviate
    Others would be driven straight ahead by their motion.

    So it would be necessary
    As it were
    To give the atoms definite assignments beforehand:

      Which had to move straight ahead
      And which obliquely",

this objection has the justification that the two moments inherent
in the concept of the atom are represented as directly different
motions, and therefore must be allotted to different individuals:

    An inconsistency
    But a consistent one
    Since the domain of the atom is immediacy.

Epicurus feels this inherent contradiction quite well. He therefore
endeavours to represent the declination as being as *imperceptible*
as possible *to the senses*.

It takes place

    Nec regione loci certa, nec tempore certo [b]

It occurs in the smallest possible space.

[a] The bonds of fate
[b] In time, in place unfixt

- Karlo Marx

Remembrance Day
---------------

    The dead among the living
    And the Living among the dead
    And Violent acts of those who cannot surrender
    Who kill themselves and cannot remember

    Soft, remember me dying here all alone for something
    I believe worth dying for
    Soft, remember me dying here all alone remembering these
    dying here for something they believed
    And God knows the pain
    Of these silent, bifurcating dead
    Or of the dignity of those who know that
    Which we do not.

- Pat Moran - Public Domain - Still

War Crimes within War Crimes
----------------------------

     "the heroics [of the Marines] will be the subject of many articles
      and books in the years to come. The real key to this tactical
      victory rested in the spirit of the warriors who courageously
      fought the battle. They deserve all of the credit for liberating
      Fallujah." [11]

    But buried in this hogwash is a revelation of the utmost gravity:
    An assault weapon the Marines were using had been armed with warheads
    containing:

     "about 35 percent thermobaric novel explosive (NE) and 65 percent
      standard high explosive."

    They deployed it:

     "to cause the roof to collapse and crush the insurgents fortified
      inside interior rooms."

    It was used repeatedly:

     "the expenditure of explosives clearing houses was enormous." [12]

    Thermobaric, or "fuel-air" weapons ... form a cloud of volatile gases
    or finely powdered explosives:

     "This cloud is then ignited and the subsequent fireball sears the
      surrounding area while consuming the oxygen in this area. The lack
      of oxygen creates an enormous overpressure.

      ... Personnel under the cloud are literally crushed to death.
      Outside the cloud area, the blast wave travels at some 3,000 meters
      per second.

      ... As a result, a fuel-air explosive can have the effect of a
      tactical nuclear weapon without residual radiation.

      ... Those personnel caught directly under the aerosol cloud will
      die from the flame or overpressure. For those on the periphery of
      the strike, the injuries can be severe. Burns, broken bones,
      contusions from flying debris and blindness may result. Further,
      the crushing injuries from the overpressure can create air embolism
      within blood vessels, concussions, multiple internal
      hemorrhages in the liver and spleen, collapsed lungs, rupture of
      the eardrums and displacement of the eyes from their sockets." [13]

    It is hard to see how you could use these weapons in Fallujah without
    killing civilians.

    This looks to me like a convincing explanation of the damage done to
    Fallujah, a city in which between 30,000 and 50,000 civilians might
    have been taking refuge.

    It could also explain the civilian casualties shown in the film.

    [ http://www.rainews24.rai.it/ran24/inchiesta/video.asp ]

    So the question has now widened:

    Is there any crime the coalition forces have not committed in Iraq ?

    http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/28833/
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,5673,1647998,00.html

    [11] John F Sattler, Daniel H Wilson, July 2005.
         Operation AL FAJR: The Battle of Fallujah-Part II.
         Marine Corps Gazette.

    [12] F J “Bing” West, July 2005.
         The Fall of Fallujah.
         Marine Corps Gazette.

    [13] Lester W. Grau and Timothy Smith, August 2000.
         A ‘Crushing’ Victory: Fuel-Air Explosives and Grozny 2000.
         The Marine Corps Gazette.

N.C.O. / C.O.