[Reclaimmayday] 28th Aug EDL in Bradford

Dusty Rhodes dusty at raisetheroof.uk.com
Sat Aug 21 12:06:19 UTC 2010

Dear friends and colleagues,

Please forgive cross postings and pass this on by anything from word of
mouth, pigeon post, email, blogs to all your social and virtual 'networks'.
It's taken time to get there

but your support would be invaluable should you feel you can give it.

All the very best

Dusty

'Be Bradford - Peaceful Together'

As you aware, there are lots of responses to the EDL (English Defence
League) coming to Bradford - some people think they should be banned, some
want to demonstrate against them and others just want to ignore them.

However, over the last week or so, a group of local people have come
together to try to ensure that Bradford's communities have the opportunity
to get together, in the city centre, to peacefully celebrate Bradford's
diversity. We are pleased to say that this community led initiative now has
the full support of the leadership of Bradford Council.

So on 28th August there will be a Community Celebration, in partnership with
Bradford Council, on Infirmary Fields 12 - 4pm.This peaceful celebration
event will be attended by Bradford's Civic Leaders, along with all the local
people who want to come together, in harmony, to affirm themselves as proud
citizens of Bradford. The event is being called 'Be Bradford- Peaceful
Together'.

Many local people welcome the support that those outside our District want
to show. However we feel the best way of showing support to Bradford people
is to give us the space, and opportunity to organise and celebrate
ourselves.

This event is part of a wider series of activities currently being organised
around that weekend - we will be able to give you more details of that
programme of events over the coming few days.

So you are very welcome to come and celebrate peacefully with us at
Infirmary Fields, Westgate on Sat 28th August 12- 4pm. Do let other people
know about this event - and if you would like to help with the organising of
the day, perform at the event, run a stall, etc then let us know a.s.a.p.

See you there!

'Be Bradford - Peaceful Together' Organising Team