[Reclaimmayday] Release Ana Now - help.

Home jedwithajnotag at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:36:11 UTC 2010

Ana K. Jimenez, an amazing individual and someone who I used to live
with, has been detained by the UK Border Agency. She was interviewed
without an interpreter which is against European Human Rights
conventions as well as Home Office protocol.

	Ana is a credit to her community, a joy to know and must be released
immediately.

	I urge you to contact your MP immediately to let them know about this
injustice, If you do not live in Bradford you can contact Damian
Green, immigration minister at greend at parliament.uk . If you live in
Bradford, see you the below links to find your MP.

	Help us secure Ana's release.

	Thanks

	Jed

p.s. Below are two example letters you could use.

> Dear Mr Singh,
>
> I have known you to work hard for the people of Bradford and am now
> writing to you on a matter of some urgency, to ask for help. A woman
> who has been seeking protection from her home country in the UK has
> been detained by the UK border agency under somewhat unlawful
> circumstances. This woman, of whom there are more details below has
> lived in Bradford West since her arrive and I strongly urge you now
> to contact Damien Green, the Minister for Immigration, to encourage
> him to release Ana and allow her to complete her application for
> asylum.
>
> Ana Karina Jimenez Villarreal was detained by the UK Border Agency
> following her Asylum Screening interview at Lunar House, Croydon on
> the 12th of November, 2010. She is a Venezuelan national, and is
> seeking asylum due to a fear to return to her country. Her first
> language is Spanish and as such requires the use of an interpreter.
> She was denied this right at the aforementioned interview, which is
> contrary to the Home Office Immigration Rules as well as the
> European Convention on Human Rights (Articles 5(2) and 6(3a)).
>
> After being detained, she was taken to Colnbrook Immigration Removal
> Centre, without being informed of this, and was unreachable for
> 24hrs. Her friends and legal advisor had no idea of her whereabouts.
>
> Ana has since been taken to Yarl's Wood Immigration Removal Centre.
> She has been judged to be eligible for Fast Track Processing from an
> interview which she was not able to understand.  Ana has complied
> with every request that has been asked of her and has been living in
> a stable address since she arrived in the UK. Therefore, there is no
> reason to believe Ana will abscond.
>
> I urge you to act to release her immediately, and allow the asylum
> process to continue without this unwarranted and illegal removal of
> freedom. This is not a fair or reasonable way to treat someone who
> is asking for protection.
>
> I look forward to hearing back from you and seeing Ana able to
> return to Bradford immediately. Please do not hesitate to contact me
> for further information.
>
> Yours sincerely,

Mr Damian Green

Minister of State for Immigration,

Westminster,

House of Commons,

London,

SW1A OAA.

Dear Mr Green,

I am writing to you now to urge you to act immediately to secure the
release of Ana Karina Jimenez Villarreal, who was detained by the UK