[Reclaimmayday] Mayday Celebrations / next meeting

protag protag at aktivix.org
Tue Apr 19 13:51:00 UTC 2011

Hi All

Just a quick reminder about the meeting tomorrow to hammer out the details
for Mayday 2011. We're meeting at Bradford Resource Centre, Chapel Street,
6.00 p.m.

*** notes from previous mtg - (refers to where we at as much as where we
are going)(v.sparse) ***

*reclaim the people's park

*more people

*forms sent in to council

*beginnings of organising of stage & PA*  - [now two stages - see below]

round robin of acts / organisations - cnd? (YES)

stalls a possibilty

food / drink / premises license

Toilets (inc accessible ) Dusty will sort might need power for food stalls

Power - stage solar - mi

Dino can do drinks license - 1in12 beer collective staff/ two beer pumps/
bottles / soft drinks / can order, surplus to return to 1in12

Games Monopoly / NHS field hospital shadow drama-community theatre? /
maypoles? / street theatre? / The Absurdists /

11.00 - 7.00 promoted in docs as "family friendly fun day" : bands /
theatre / food & drinks / celebration / absurdist acts / licensed frolics /
May Day !

Unions can help through Trades Council and unions

Volunteer stewards (and someone to organise them, and provide tabards & so
on).

Content: bands / stallholders /

enail Dusty w/band suggestions

Action points/roles

Stage/artist liason - Dusty
Audio - Protag
Bar - Jimdog

Stalls					-
Off-stage events (theatre / etc.) 	- Sam M
Promo / posters / publicity	  	- word of mouth until 20th / someone is
designing poster (Martin Lambert of Bradford Festival fame)
Distribution - 				- Emma

*** - ***

*About the PA - it's solar power meaning no nasty diesel fumes and
throbbing genny rumble. I know people are sceptical but it works
brilliantly (and there are batteries in case the sun doesn't shine). Here's
a couple of pictures (just imagine the loudness! - we'll have more speakers
this time too) - we also powered the cinema for two days at Haworth
eco-fair, so we know there's plenty of juice.

http://www.haworth-village.org.uk/admin/pictures/large/fair-intent-10-2731.jpg
http://www.haworth-village.org.uk/admin/pictures/large/fair-intent-10-2495.jpg

Any audio questions please talk to me at the meeting of email.

Cheers
Protag