[Reclaimmayday] Stalls update

Jules anarchista at riseup.net
Thu Apr 19 23:55:01 UTC 2012

I think it was agreed at a previous meeting that the contribution from
Mr. Pizza would be based upon the fact that he is allowed to trade until
10pm.  If he is the only person that this has been agreed with then I'm
sure that this can be accommodated somehow.  The stalls were looking
iffy due to the fact that Richard from the council appeared to assume
that this event was a corporate one and therefore we couldn't have the
stalls at the previously agreed low price meant for schools and
community organisations.

In my conversations with him I made it clear that this event was an
opportunity for numerous community organisations to provide info to the
general public, and that the music entertainment and food stalls were
just a draw for the crowd to provide the financial backing to allow the
event to go ahead (he's corporate and I told him what he wanted to hear
- so sue me) - also that we were non profit making and that the majority
of stalls would be used for community and campaign groups and NOT
commercial organisations.

There was an issue whether we could have the stalls at all - let alone
until 6pm, though I have managed to secure the stalls agreement for
definite until 6pm.  Is there any chance that RtR could guarantee this
one stall (or other food stalls - max 3) until 10pm - Richard is
perfectly happy to let us have them until 10pm if RtR as a professional
organisation are involved in the clear down.

J x