[rga-u] Reading Grassroots Action update - April 2009

Reading Grassroots Action - updates rga-u at lists.aktivix.org
Thu Apr 23 13:02:03 BST 2009

Welcome to this month's update for Reading Grassroots Action! For more news from RGA please visit www.rgacollective.org.uk or drop us a line at rgacollective at hotmail.co.uk

We've
been busy over the last few weeks. On 28th March members of RGA went to
London to take part in the Put People First march. Later, on 1st April,
some of us took part in protests against the G20 summit.

In the
next few weeks we will be making the results of our Think Katesgrove
survey available. The survey covers issues such as local facilities,
the Common Ground community garden, and use of vacant land in the
Katesgrove area.

We are beginning work in setting up a group
based on the work of the London Coalition Against Poverty (see more at
www.lcap.org.uk ). We will be taking part in an action in early June as
part of the LCAP Gatekeeping Roadshow, which addresses the policies
used to keep people from receiving assistance for housing. We aim to
launch the new group in late June - more information in the next update.

Upcoming events

26 April - Reading Industrial Workers of the World (www.iww.org) meeting
23 May - Cardiff Anarchist Bookfair
1st May - May Day (plans to be announced)