[sas-announce] Solidarity with Sao Paulo Occupiers!

Heather Shaw centre_stage_red at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 4 13:39:47 BST 2007

Support the Sao Paulo occupiers!

Students of the University of Sao Paulo in Brazil have occupied the
buildings as part of their struggle against the privatisation of the
university.

They are also demanding the government to send aid/money to refurbish
and
repair the buildings which are completely unfit for teaching.

This struggle is against José Serra - the governor of the State of Sao
Paulo - who is lobbying in favor of a decree/legislation that allows
plans
for the privatisation of the university to be implemented.

The students are asking for messages of solidarity.

Messages of solidarity to be send to the following addresses:
marilia.rocha at yahoo.com.br
flacs06 at yahoo.com.br
tupift at yahoo.com.br
lagrima_s at hotmail.com

"Years ago I recognised my kinship with living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free"
Eugene Debs, US Presidential Candidate 1920

www.redheff.livejournal.com