[Scotia] Insansa 3

Helen Todd Helen.Todd at nrcentre.org.uk
Fri Mar 24 16:39:19 GMT 2006

Hi Scotia Works people (please forward to others who may be interested),

Insansa is back! It promises to be another lovely evening, this time with a chilled out acoustic emphasis.

The evening will feature Universal Pulse, described as 'grooves from the ether' with gorgeous African inspired singing and drumming. Taonga dancers, from Zambia, will show a sensual treat of traditional Zambian dance, not commonly seen in the UK. Steve Lewis brings folksy, atmospheric and at times downright wierd (in a good way) guitar skills into the mix. The Mundi drummers will get you dancing to beats from West and Southern Africa, and Sam and Ouattara, the Zimbabwean/ Ivoirean duo return with their mix of traditional and contemporary song and guitar.

Insansa 3 is on Saturday 1st April, 7:30-11:30pm in the Broomspring Centre, on Brunswick Street, Broomhall. Delicious Zambian food will be available, and there will be a licensed bar. A bargain at £5/ £4 concessions too!

We'll be raising money for a computer room in Nchelenge High School. This has been identified as a real priority as it will enable teaching of computer skills, which are of increasing importance in Zambia, and also facilitate links between schools here in Sheffield and Nchelenge through internet connection.

News update: the last 2 Insansas are bearing fruit back in Zambia- a classroom block for Praise Academy is very nearly completed, with most of the building work coming through funds raised from Insansas.
Francis, a friend in Zambia says: 'I had gone to Nchelenge to check on the progress of the building. lt looks wonderful. We thank God for your helping hand.
Without you and all friends in Uk, our dream of building this school would not have materialised.'

Hope to see you there!
Helen

Helen Todd

Refugee Communities' Development Worker