[Scotia] Resource Centre

decsy helen.griffin at decsy.org.uk
Thu Nov 23 13:43:34 GMT 2006

Hi everyone

Just a reminder of what we at the Resource Centre down below can
offer you.

Resource library / shop

I hope it's not too soon to mention that we have a range of books and
potential gifts for all ages available for purchase for this
particular season - just so's you know you have a chance to buy
ethically within your own building - come and have a browse when you
have a minute.

Services available:
Resources (books, packs, DVDs, videos, CDs,  posters) to loan / buy
and for reference on conflict resolution and mediation; refugees and
asylum seekers; citizenship; dual language, ESOL, etc.  All tenants
resident in the building are entitled to free loan of resources from
the loans library (when DECSY staff are present).  Boxes of artefacts
from different countries are also available to borrow for use on the
premises.  (all our resources for sale can  be accessed via a link to
the YHGSA resources database at www.decsy.org.uk/resources)
10% discount to resident tenants on all cheque / cash purchases.
Ordering service with invoicing with up to 20% discount for resident
organisations from:
Bertrams (over 900 different publishers)
A& C Black
Action Aid
Development Education Centres around the country
Christian Aid
UNICEF
Cambridge University Press
CAFOD
Central Books (Latin America Bureau, CIIR, MRG, Amnesty
International, Greenprint etc)
CRE
Geographical Association
Lucky Duck
Oxfam
Mantralingua
Refugee Council
Trentham Books
Worldaware
Hodder Wayland
Save the Children
Turnaround (around 120 publishers including American, African,
Australian imports)
and a number of other suppliers.
Display of resident organisations leaflets/ annual reports/ other
publications etc
Comfortable space to read, view videos / DVDs, listen to audio / music.

Hot desk
Don't forget we have a desk available with internet access on Mondays
and Fridays

  Room bookings:
Although because of the availability of the former WEA rooms there
hasn't been any demand for this recently - don't forget that the
Resource Centre is available to book as a pleasant meeting space for
small groups.  Please go to the EPC intranet room booking system to
find out more and make your booking.
Keys to the room should have been disseminated by Dave Berry.

Look forward to seeing you all
Helen and Jenni

Development Education Centre (South Yorkshire)
Scotia Works
Leadmill Road
Sheffield S1 4SE

Tel: 0845 458 2957 or 0114 2412750
Fax: 0114 241 27532
Website: www.decsy.org.uk

My direct line: 0114 241 2753

Looking for a resource to bring a Global Dimension to your teaching?
There are over 3000 resources on the YHGSA Regional Database
http://www.yhgsa.org.uk/database/index.cfm