[ShareTompkins] Really Really Free Market Today!

Shira Golding shiragolding at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 15:04:02 UTC 2010

Share Tompkins' second Really Really Free Market is part of the Congo
Square Market! Food, books, electronics, clothes - EVERYTHING in the
RRFM area is free. Bring what you can, take what you need. The more we
can provide for one another locally, the closer we are to
sustainability!

Friday, June 25, 4-8pm
Southside Community Center
305 S. Plain St. Ithaca

The Congo Square Market takes place 4-8pm every Friday through
September 3rd and features live local music & dancing, visiting with
friends and vendors selling food, instruments & more. Vendor fees and
fruit and vegetable stand proceeds support Southside and the Congo
Square Market.

RSVP on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=133986009947993

Check out the Share Tompkins website:
http://sharetompkins.wordpress.com

Check out the Southside Community Center website:
http://sscc-ithaca.org

Please spread the word even if you can't come!

Share Tompkins helps folks share and trade goods and services in
Ithaca and Tompkins County.

Named for the famous Congo Square in New Orleans, the market honors
African-American history. In the early days of US slavery, recently
enslaved African peoples and others could gather in Congo Square for
music, dance, and stories. The Ithaca Congo Square Market is a project
of Southside Community Center, Ithaca Youth Bureau’s, Paul Scheurs
Memorial Program, and Tompkins County Cornell Cooperative Extension's
Whole Community Project.