[ShareTompkins] November Despair and Discovery Circle- NEW LOCATION

Elizabeth Lambro fancsiga at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 4 17:55:48 UTC 2019

Dear Friends,

The Despair and Discovery Circle will continue to meet through 2020 on every 4th Saturday of the month, from 2-4:30 pm (except December).

As we humans continue to live our daily lives and our climate continues to spiral out of control with disastrous consequences all over the planet, one bright light in the gloom has been this Circle of human Beings who gather once a month to feel and be real together.

While the planetary crisis deepens, we discover deep sharing, deep listening, deep connecting. In each other we have discovered a community that deeply feels our pain for our world. We seek to discover what we each are capable of when our despair is lovingly witnessed, held, and felt by others.

Our next meeting is on Thursday November 23 from 2-5 pm. This meeting is longer than usual so that we have time to experience “The Council of All Beings” together. We will be making masks and donning the identity of a non-human Being. Please bring any mask making supplies that you are happy to share, such as scissors, glue, markers, pencils, construction paper, items gathered from nature (leaves, feathers, pebbles, plant parts, sticks) etc. (It is also fine if you don't bring anything, there will be plenty available).

WE NOW HAVE A NEW LOCATION! As of Thursday November 23 we will meet at The One Room School House on the Foundation of Light property. Please note: we will NOT be meeting in the large Foundation of Light building. The School House is a small building right on the corner of Ellis Hollow Road and Turkey Hill Road, but does not have its own address. The large Foundation of Light building is located at 391 Turkey Hill Road, to the right of it is one residential home, and to the right of that is the small One Room Schoolhouse.

There are a few options for parking:

There is a small gravel parking lot right next to the School House,

OR You can park along the side of Turkey Hill Road in front of the School House,

OR You can park in the large Foundation of Light parking lot, and walk a short path that runs parallel to Turkey Hill Road, past the residential home, to the School House.

Please feel free to call or text Virginia Metcalf (607-280-0483) if you can't find it or if you want more detailed directions. (If you are in the area before Nov. 23, you might consider locating it ahead of time so that you know where to go on the day of.)

Please RSVP this time! Normally we are grateful for your RSVP but don’t require it. It would just be very helpful to our planning efforts for this special occasion to have a good idea of how many people to expect. That said, please do come if you can, even if you have not given an RSVP.

We will continue to collect donations to support the other good work that takes place in this One Room Schoolhouse.

Blessings and courage,
Betti

Betti Lambro
Braided Root Waters