[Shef2venez] Colombian Coca-Cola worker to visit Sheffield

John Smith johncsmith at btinternet.com
Mon May 23 08:14:55 BST 2005

Dear friends,

we've been asked by Colombia Solidarity Campaign/London to host a meeting on
the evening of Thursday, 30 June (I said "yes!" on your behalf....) for -

Juan Carlos Galvis, Coca Cola worker, member of SINALTRAINAL and
Barrancabermeja CUT Vice-President and

Amit Srivastava,  Coordinator of India Resource Center and the Director of
Global Resistance.

Juan has flown in from Colombia, Amit from California, to protest at the G8
summit in Edinburgh taking place that weekend.

Both their organisations are spearheading the international boycott campaign
against Coca-Cola inc.. This will be both a meeting to discuss the critical
situation facing working people in Colombia, and an evening of solidarity
with farmers and workers in India, Colombia and around the world whose
rights are being trampled by Coca-Cola.

I hope that by this evening I will have booked a town-centre venue;
publicity material will be available in a few days.

Please consider how you/your organisation can help publicise this important
event. Sheffield Cuba Solidarity Campaign and Sheffield2Venezuela have been
asked to sponsor this meeting, any other organisation is welcome top add
their name to this list.

in solidarity,

John S