[sheffield-hacklab] Building benches and a workstation on the main space

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Fri Aug 5 16:07:12 BST 2005

Hi

Tomorrow (Staurday) there is a plan to build some benches
in the Hacklab space -- if people can get down to help,
with tools if you have some, that would be great :-)

I have just installed a Ubuntu machine, called sensi, in
the main gallery space (it was the only distro lying about
and the server is down so it wasn't working as a thin
client). The username and passwd are on the monitor and I
have updated it. If anyone needs the root passwd for the
box then email me for it.

The default Ubuntu install options didn't work work --
they resulted in a Grub Error 18 but reinstalling with a
seperate /boot partition at the start of the HD did the
trick...

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World