[sheffield-noborders] Leeds No Borders events

Catherine Tonge katieplum75 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 11:28:10 BST 2006

Hello

  We'd just like to let you know about our events for the next few weeks:

wed 3rd May PUBLIC MEETING: City of Shame: the Truth about Aylum and
Detention in Leeds.
Includes testimonies from asylum seekers, speakers from teachers' trade
union NATFHE, LASSN (Leeds Asylum Seekers Support Network), and NCADC
(National Coalition of Anti-Deportation Campaigns) and action-planning
for Leeds.
7-9pm, Leeds Metropolitan Univeristy, B2 Lecture Theatre

sat 6th May
TOUR OF ASYLUM SHAME - visit some of the many places that repress,
exploit and benefit from asylum seekers in Leeds
Meet 12 noon OUTSIDE LEEDS TOWN HALL

sat 6th May NO BORDERS BENEFIT NIGHT
Four to the Floor - Leed's classic DIY night, bring your 4 favourite
tunes - on vinyl or cd and if your name is pulled you get to play those
tracks!!! Guarenteed eclecticness!!!
The Commonplace Cafe and Bar will be open serving a variety of food and
drinks
7pm till late @ the commonplace, 23-25 wharf street, leeds