[sheffield-noborders] CADDI meeting Thursday 9th

stuart crosthwaite stuartqqqq at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 11:40:28 GMT 2006

Hi everyone

  There will be a meeting of the Campaign Against Detention and Deportation of Iraqis (CADDI) this Thursday, 7pm at the Kurdish Community Centre, 163 Verdon Street, Burngreave. Let me know if you need directions. The venue has disabled access.

  The meeting comes at a time when evictions of Kurdish asylum seekers are being stepped up by housing providers such as Angel Housing. Destitution is a real problem and some Kurds are opting to return to northern Iraq, risking their lives, because all their support and accommodation has been terminated. As one man told me "I want to go back. I know I might die in Iraq but I die here every day".

  There has, however, been resistance to the evictions and we need to decide what we can do to support these people.

  Please forward this message to anyone who might be interested.

  Stuart