[sheffield-noborders] march to Lindholme detention centre

stuart crosthwaite stuartqqqq at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 13:48:47 BST 2007

  There was a meeting last night of a new campaigning group, provisionally called the South Yorkshire Migration and Asylum Action Group. There were 22 people there representing a wide range of organisations and politics. Amongst other things, we discussed having a march from Sheffield to Lindholme detention centre, near Doncaster, with overnight stops in Barnsley, Rotherham, maybe Doncaster. Other groups could start at Sheffield or we could converge there.

  There was a proposal from Leeds No Borders in April for a demo at Lindholme. What do people think about this? The proposal has support amongst asylum seekers who we have spoken to.

  Stuart