[sheffieldagainstwar-tech] Upgrade to a new version of MKDoc

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 12:11:46 GMT 2003

Hi

On Mon 17-Nov-2003 at 01:47:03AM -0000, Jase wrote:

> Any ideas why the events page is still not working? I tried to
> move stuff to past events but with no joy, listed as being under
> past events but still appear on events page.

OK, I did changed this page to have a Headlines Component for the
listing but this wasn't exactly working so it is now back to usinmg
a child listing template.

> Elsewise more positive about changes but would be nice to get
> those easy click html tags back.

Yeah sorry about that, the problem is that the new templating system
doesn't suppport javascript so this is not possible :-(

> Hopefully going to be adding some more accounts, with a view to
> more people editing main page and gubbins. Was also thinking about
> having a messageboard, sort of an unregulated posting space for
> whatever people want to write - maybe more creative than
> political. Know there are some general html templates for
> guestbooks, would it be possible to bung this onto the same
> server? Presume would be but dunno how it is organised. TIA,

Yeah there is the possibility of adding discussion components to
pages, for this to work we would need to enable the ability for
people to sign up for accounts and also set up some back-end stuff,
I'll see if I can find time to do that this week...

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris at webarchitects.co.uk>