[SSC] SSC speaker wanted for ENQUIRE Conference panel - afternoon of September 7th, 2011

Warren Pearce lqxwp2 at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 11:30:52 UTC 2011

Hi all - just joined the list. I'm Warren, in 2nd year of PhD on local
climate change policy at University of Nottingham. I'm hoping to get
involved with the Centre in some way, perhaps as an associate.

I'm looking for someone to speak on a panel on "Future of Social
Sciences" (afternoon of September 7th) for the ENQUIRE postgraduate
conference in UoN's School of Sociology. The panel will follow a talk by
John Holmwood coveringthe future of sociology and social policy research
and the evolving identity of these disciplines within the current
context. He will incorporate the cuts, impact and the new approaches
being taken by universities.Would be great to have someone respond and
explain the SSC concept and approach.

Details on the conference can be found at
http://enquireconference.posterous.com/ - ENQUIRE has been v successdul
in recent years, we had over 90 delegates from around the country attend
last year.

Hoping someone will be able to come along (obviously all expenses will
be paid).

Thanks in advance, Warren