[SSC] teach-in

Richard Hall RHall1 at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 17:21:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

I spoke at a teach-out for Tent City University yesterday about the
Social Science Centre. I blogged about it here:
http://www.learnex.dmu.ac.uk/2011/11/10/a-teach-in-at-tent-city-universi
ty-and-the-struggle-for-alternatives/

There are some issues I raised about student-as-producer and the
curriculum that we need to nail. But I wanted to raise them as issues. I
also blatantly ripped-off some stuff from the quality paper that
Sara/Sarah  drafted.

Note that Mike spoke last week:
http://www.livescribe.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/LDApp.woa/wa/MLSOverviewPag
e?sid=PZ8CqlBrJ9r1

We have some good friends and comrades at TCU. I had a good chat
afterwards, before and on the march. I think they will be amenable to
more engagements with us.

Best wishes,

Richard.

Dr Richard Hall,
National Teaching Fellow (2009), and Reader in Education and Technology.

Head of Enhancing Learning through Technology, Department of Library and
Learning Services.

DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY.

T: +44 (0) 116 207 8254

E: rhall1 at dmu.ac.uk <mailto:rhall1 at dmu.ac.uk>  SKYPE/TWITTER/YouTube:
hallymk1

W:: dmu.ac.uk <http://www.dmu.ac.uk/>

Learning Exchanges @ DMU: http://www.learnex.dmu.ac.uk/
<http://www.learnex.dmu.ac.uk/>

DMU is Home to Mile2 which, in partnership with the Mayor's office, is
using DMU skills, knowledge and student volunteers to make a positive
impact on a local Leicester community.