[SSC] Universities Past & Future Conference, 14th - 16th October

David Young lostmoya at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 10:02:29 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Following on from my earlier email re. Alex from the University Project, I
thought members of the SSC might be interested in the conference they're
running in London in October.

Here are some details:

"Universities: Past & Future 14-16 October, Hub Westminster, London

Please join us for a weekend of conversations & encounters, exploring the
past and the future of the university.

This is a free event. The idea is to bring together people involved in all
kinds of projects and experiments in creating new pockets and pathways for
the cultivation of knowledge, within or outside of existing institutions.
Let's share our stories and experiences, find places where we can
collaborate or support each other, and remember the long history of the
invention and reinvention of the spaces in which we learn.

The weekend will run from 7pm on Friday to 4.30pm on Sunday and you're
welcome to join us for all or part of it. We'll use an informal unconference
structure, so the schedule will take shape over the weekend itself."

I can't make it unfortunately but if anyone from SSC would like to go,
please see details at the link below:

http://univproject.pbworks.com/w/page/45692087/FrontPage

Thanks,
David.