[SSC] really Open University - The Space Project

Andre Pusey gyap at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 16:23:51 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Was sorry not to be able to make the SSC meeting in Lincoln, a few of us in Leeds involved with the ROU had hoped to come down.

Below are details of a new Really Open University initiative we are working on. It aims to find some space between social centres and projects such as the Social Science Centre.

Hope to make it to the next SSC meeting.

Best,
Andre

http://reallyopenuniversity.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/the-space-project/

The Space Project

We would like to invite you to an open meeting to help us shape a new vibrant venue for discussions, film showings, seminars, talks, workshops, reading groups, archives, enquiries and other creative projects.

The space will be close to Leeds City Centre hosting events that explore social change (broadly defined) in an engaged and participatory way. Facilitated by the Really Open University, we're seeking other groups and individuals who would like to contribute to the life of the space by hosting events and contributing to building a non-commercial, self-managed space in Leeds.

Do you have something you think you would like to do? Come along to our open meeting or please get in touch with us at wearethespaceproject at gmail.com<mailto:wearethespaceproject at gmail.com>

Where: The Space Project, 37-38 Mabgate green, Leeds
When: Tuesday October 4th 7:30pm
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123462997754485

The 'space project' will be run as a not-for-profit venture, with no paid staff and events being free or donations-only.

Andre Pusey
School of Geography
University of Leeds
(0113) 343 6757