[SSC] Inspirations and place

roland pascoe rpascoe at phonecoop.coop
Mon Apr 30 12:55:36 UTC 2012

Stephen Haff <cid:part1.07020709.04020403 at phonecoop.coop>  I am sure
that many of us may have seen this article but I think there maybe
useful parallels to be drawn with what SSC is trying to achieve.

Secondly as one who is based away from Lincoln but whole heartedly
supports the project I think there are a couple of things to keep in
mind. This is an experiment and as such its finding its way forward step
by consensual step. There are many aspects of this project that make it
fairly unique among the free university movement.
If as looks likely it does become successfully established it might be
time for others to ask ourselves "can we do this in my place?" using the
same model.
A community of such centres founded on cooperatives and consensus  could
prove to be resilient and a powerful counterbalance in the world of HE.

As usual best wishes from sunny Norwich

Roland Pascoe