[SSC] SSC Digest, Vol 16, Issue 48

sarah at socialsciencecentre.org.uk sarah at socialsciencecentre.org.uk
Mon Apr 30 23:18:44 UTC 2012

Hi Roland,

I enjoyed reading your thoughts on place (and beyond place), and this is something we have been touching on around the edges in different
ways. I think it will be good to keep talking about it.

The Still Waters project looks amazing! Thanks for that connection. It was fascinating to read through its development as they've presented
it, and look at what they're doing now. It's quite different in many ways, and I am struck by the emphasis on drama, poetry and literacy, as
connected to people's everyday lives and political struggles. I like that the groups seem out and about -- going places, being in places that
are in the world as well as in 'class'. I'm eager to see how our own work develops substantively. We don't have nearly enough poetry or drama
yet.  :)  And I wonder what social scientific specificities are going to be developing in terms of pedagogies, research, activities. The
Still Waters site might be another interesting point for reflection, as with Megan's comments from the other day.

All best,
Sarah